Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-15-2015, 3:54 PM Reply   
Hi guys, I want to know the total weight of my boat and trailer, but I do not have access to a commercial truck scale.

2011 Axis A22 "dry weight" = 3600 lbs.
2011 Boatmate tandem axle trialer = 1200 lbs.
Lead in boat = 600 lbs.

So I am approx 5400 lbs plus what? Batteries, fuel, engine oil, trans fluid for v drive and trans, stereo, gear, and tower??

Thank you
Old     (99ProAir)      Join Date: May 2015       08-15-2015, 4:35 PM Reply   
Batteries (average) = 40 lbs each
Fuel = 6 pounds per gallon
Gear = figure 150 lbs or so
Beer = gets lighter as the day goes on (unfortunately)
Fluids = negligible
Stereo gear = figure 150 lbs

Tower should be included in the 3800 lb boat weight. Otherwise probably 100 - 200 lbs.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-16-2015, 11:08 AM Reply   
I would think anything stock on the boat should be included in the dry weight. So the stock stereo and batteries as well as tower should already be counted, probably also fluids, but as 99ProAir stated, that's probably negligible except for fuel, which is probably closer to 8 lb/gal than it is 6.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-16-2015, 11:27 AM Reply   
yeah, thats the problem, "dry weight" is this mystical number that seems to differ from each manufacturer.... nobody seems to know what it means. I am just going to have to over estimate my weight to stay on the safe side until I run across a scale I can use.

thanks guys.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-16-2015, 12:55 PM Reply   
You can scale at any quarry or state inspection station on the interstate.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-16-2015, 4:40 PM Reply   
Dry weights really vary and really aren't worth the ink they are written in most of the time. I owned an Tige so I will use that example. That boat had a claimed dry weight of 3200. Same boat when tested by an independent company had a lake weight of just over 4000 lbs. My boat on a single axle trailer weight just about 4900 lbs. with a half tank of fuel and nothing else in the boat. That was unhooked from the truck with just the boat sitting on the scale.

Considering my "little" 20 footer was almost 5K on the trailer empty(single axle at that), I'm guessing your much bigger A22 with 600 lbs of lead and gear is well north of 6K on the trailer.
Old     (chillaxin)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-16-2015, 7:05 PM Reply   
My 2014 A22 with full tank of fuel, dual battery, 12' sub in a sealed box and a couple of wakeboards hit around 6800 lbs on a transportation dept scale. This was unhooked from the truck.