Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (sixx352)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-08-2010, 8:39 PM Reply   
I got a ticket for wearing my jet pilot comp vest not USCG. On a monday afternoon with no other boats in the water lame. Anyways its going to cost me $94 in Idaho is that high? First time on a new lake never had a problem on the lake I ride on. Lucky Peak in Boise is cracking down I guess.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-08-2010, 9:23 PM Reply   
did they pull you over while you were riding?
we have been pulled over for not having the flag up, and they didnt care that the rider int he water was wearing a comp vest. they just did a vest check in the boat to make sure there was a PFD for each person in the boat
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-08-2010, 10:06 PM Reply   
That sucks. I have no idea what those tickets would be down here. And I wear a comp vest all the time..
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-09-2010, 8:54 AM Reply   
In NC, you have a fine and a ticket cost, aka court cost. PFD fine is $15.00, but court cost is $120.00. Total cost: $135.00.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-09-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
damn that sucks, they actually checked to see if the vest had a uscg stamp?
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-09-2010, 1:18 PM Reply   
They pulled us over last year,Sheriff said to the kid,"Read what it says in the vest"....kids reply,"Umm Large?"

They let us go with a warning.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-09-2010, 1:35 PM Reply   
In WI you don't even have to wear a vest, but you have to have one in the boat.
Old     (sixx352)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-10-2010, 7:00 AM Reply   
Yea they actually looked. I guess they followed us for awhile behind me I didn't see them I should have fallen and got hit by them LOL ! We passed the boat check and have everything in our boat even more than we needed but I still have to make a donation to fund their jet boat fun that day.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-10-2010, 11:54 AM Reply   
Here is how thw law reads in California:
•If boating on a vessel that is 26 feet or less, every child under 13 years of age must wear a PFD, unless in an enclosed cabin OR restrained by a harness tethered to a sailboat. Children's PFDs must be U.S. Coast Guard-approved of Type I, II, III or V and must be appropriate for wearer's size and weight. Inflatable PFDs are not designed for use by children under the age of 16. A violation of the child PFD law can result in a fine up to $250.
•Every person on board a personal watercraft (PWC) and any person being towed behind a vessel must wear a U.S. Coast Guard-approved Type I, II, III or V PFD. Ski belts do not meet this requirement and may be carried aboard as excess equipment only. Inflatable PFDs are not intended for use while participating in tow sports and are not permitted for this purpose.