Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (robertgwi)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-03-2010, 8:52 PM Reply   
I just purchased a LF board from an online shop that was sold to me as a "first quality" item. After receiving the board, I think that it may be a blem. Does anyone know how I can find out for sure?

Thanks!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-03-2010, 9:10 PM Reply   
take a picture of the area you believe has made it a blem, and shoot them an email. follow up with a phone call to make sure they received your email. chances are, they will not have received it, or will have ignored it. most shops will make it right though, if you are indeed correct.
what is the issue with the board?
Old     (robertgwi)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-03-2010, 9:17 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice. It's an 09 Watson and the graphic on the bottom looks a little "fuzzy" or "blurry" (especially the warning statement). Is there anyway I can tell if this is a blem board by the serial number?
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-04-2010, 1:41 AM Reply   
take a pic and post it for us....
Old     (robertgwi)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-04-2010, 4:26 AM Reply   
I tried to take a pic but the issue was not represented very well. I think that I'll try calling LF with the serial number to see what they can tell me. Back in the day (5-7 years ago), LF used to stamp a "B" as the first digit of the serial number on blem boards. Just wondering if that is still the case?

Thanks!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-04-2010, 5:07 AM Reply   
liquid force will let you know and make it right either they will give you exchange or the online store will. was it discounted then you may have to pay a difference.
Old     (robertgwi)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-04-2010, 5:38 AM Reply   
Thanks. It was discounted due to being a 2009 model, but no where was it indicated that it was a blem. The same retailer sells, blem boards, but they are distinctly labeled as such.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-04-2010, 9:45 AM Reply   
Where did you buy it from? There are plenty of shops that only do blem boards
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-04-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
whats the issue? tell us whats wrong with it
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-04-2010, 11:28 AM Reply   
Honesty, Your worried about a blurred warning label?
Old    Chaserwaser            05-04-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by otown_dave View Post
Honesty, Your worried about a blurred warning label?
Thanks for the advice. It's an 09 Watson and the graphic on the bottom looks a little "fuzzy" or "blurry" (especially the warning statement). Is there anyway I can tell if this is a blem board by the serial number?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-04-2010, 12:18 PM Reply   
It might be a problem if the blems don't carry a full warranty.
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-05-2010, 12:28 AM Reply   
well you definately dont want a blurry graphic seen from the boat or other riders on the lake....this is a gentlemens sport and blurry graphics are def frowned upon when seen from 80+ feet. Boards dont land as soft with blurry graphics either, im just sayin...
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-05-2010, 9:41 AM Reply   
Why would Liquid Force warranty a board bought from an online retailer at what was probably a heavily discounted price?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-05-2010, 9:48 AM Reply   
they wouldn't warranty it they would exchange it for new with the dollar difference paid to them to keep a customer happy.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-05-2010, 10:33 AM Reply   
Why would the fact it was bought at a high discount matter to the board holding up to market standards regarding LF?

Are some of your guys' parents still paying for your gear? If someone pays for something, under the impression it is not a blem, I think they have the right to at least investigate if it's a blem or not, and I for one would like to know as well as I'd avoid that retailer, if they're not being up front about the boards they're selling. I know of shops that do just that, they don't move enough product, and sell blems to unknowing customers. Does it matter to me in regards to board performance, no, but I make damn sure I'm getting a deal since I can notice it's a blem, and will warn people who may get screwed paying full price.
Old     (jseaton87)      Join Date: May 2010       05-05-2010, 11:34 AM Reply   
i gotta agree with you that one, you want what you paid for regardless if its just a small blemish or at a discounted price
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-05-2010, 11:47 AM Reply   
"Why would Liquid Force warranty a board bought from an online retailer at what was probably a heavily discounted price?"

Just because a past years board is on sale, it does not mean the warranty is void.
Old     (robertgwi)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-05-2010, 11:50 AM Reply   
That's exactly my point. The shop said that they were selling a first quality board and that's what I thought that I was paying for / getting. I realize that blurry graphics don't impact performance, but I just want what I ordered.

Codi - If you ordered a 2010 model wakeboard and the store you bought it from shipped you a 2009 model of the same board, the 09's performance would be the same (assuming that there were no changes to the specs between years), but you would probably be pissed that the shop sent you an 09.

For what it's worth, I talked to LF and they cannot tell if a board is first quality or blem based upon the serial number. They can't even tell what the part number for the board is based upon the serial number. Strangely enough, if the LF part number is an odd number (11111) then it is a first quality board. If the LF part number is even (11112) then it is a blem board. The frustrating thing is, the LF part number is not referenced anywhere.

Does anyone else have an 09 Watson? What do you bottom graphics look like?
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-05-2010, 1:18 PM Reply   
Just return it and buy elsewhere if its a hugE problem for you. I feel ya though, too much scamming these days
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-05-2010, 1:59 PM Reply   
I can understand if you go back to that online retailer with a complaint and expect it to be handled properly. But I don't get why Liquid Force is responsible for something that someone outside of their power does. Looked like some people above recommended going to LF to get this addressed. Sure, see if it is in fact a blem board, I just hope you dont have the expectation that LF will replace as if it is their responsibility.

I say that from having friends who work at a boat shop that carries the Ronix line. People will buy Ronix gear dirt cheap from online stores, then go to this shop for any warranty issues. Sure they have every right to do it, just doesn't seem right to me I guess.
Old     (robertgwi)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-05-2010, 3:09 PM Reply   
Mike - I would not expect LF to address this issue (if there is an issue at all). It would be nice if LF could provide a little more information about a particular board based upon the serial number though. I would have thought that by providing LF with the serial number, they could have at least told me the part number of the board and whether it was a first quality or blem.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-05-2010, 7:22 PM Reply   
Gotcha. I hope the seller rights the issue, sounds like they misrepresented the board.
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-06-2010, 12:08 AM Reply   
Robert - First off, im just givin a hard time dude, just jokin around....but i do completely understand the concept of demaning what you pay for which is what should happen with any purchase. I understand that you dont want to recieve a product that you paid for, but isnt the thing you ordered. But with the example of "ordering a 2010 and recieving an 09 (without no shape difference in the board)", I'd have to say that that scenario is a little different than yours. The difference between an 09 and a 2010 would obviously be the graphic which is a blatant difference. Lets say the 09 is a white board and the 2010 is black. Lets say i ordered the 2010 because i wanted a black board (just a stupid example im giving, roll with me on this), if I recieved a 2009 which is white when i wanted the black 2010, then yes, i would raise the issue with the company i purchased it from, NOT the manufacturer because the retailer is the source of getting the order wrong, not the manufacturer. But I mean, if the graphic was really all that bad and blurry then is it really a question if its a blem? I mean, if you cant really tell if its a blem or not then idk if its really ok to assume you got gyped. The way i look at it is, if its bad enough, it should be easy enough to call it out as a blem anddo what you want after that. But if the graphic is kinda hard to define if its a blem or not, then is it really worth the hassle/weeks/money for shipping and time without the board. Not all boards are manufactured every year with crisp, clean lines, its just the materials and presses that they're using. Look at the positive, you got a sick new board to ride at a discounted price. If its hard to tell if its a blem in the first place, more than likely anyone you're with will even notice the issue unless you point it out. Whatever ya do, hope you get everything resolved in your favor man. good luck
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-06-2010, 12:11 AM Reply   
***wont even notive the issue unless you point it out***
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-06-2010, 8:14 AM Reply   
So, wouldn't it just be easier to purchase from a local shop and avoid these issues altogether?

(Unless of course you live out in the boonies)
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-06-2010, 9:38 AM Reply   
I have to agree with A-dub.

What you paid is not a factor. If the board has any defect, cosmetic or not, and was sold as a first quality, then it should be first quality. The shop that sold it and LF have an interest to make it right. If it was a first quality board from LF, the shop likely never even saw the bottom of the board as they had no reason to unwrap it. If they sent you a blem, then there was either human error or unethical selling. Either way, you would deserve a first true quality board or financial compensation for it not being a first quality board.