Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-22-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
Does anyone else that owns one of these FINE trucks want to choke the guy that came up with that water seperator deal?? Don't get me wrong....I LOVE my truck. It is the best at everything I do with it...drags my boat like nothing's back there, and I've actually passed people with 300 bails of hay behind it! But this water seperator just doesn't stop! I drain it...and a day or two later...BING! I change up where I buy fuel from because I thought that may have been the issue. But at least once a week...I'm laying on my back under the truck opening the pitcock....gettin old! I asked for a creeper for Valentines Day!
Is anyone else dealing with this?

Plus...I gotta admit....I love the re-gen cycle! Looks like the space shuttle taking off!
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-22-2009, 2:51 PM Reply   
Watch where you fill up. I had the same thing going on. That stupid light would come on every day, I would drain it, next day the light come on, etc. Come to find out, it was the gas station that I was going to.
Old     (scheersound)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-22-2009, 3:29 PM Reply   
Man i have not had this happen yet. FoxrepDC I had to take my truck in for 3 recalls and the exaughst was one of them. it shows in the gauge cluster when its cleaning now. Did you not get the recall for that.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-22-2009, 6:25 PM Reply   
Not yet....I'm due for service now so that update may happen then. The guy said last time I asked about it that they were working on when the re-gen happens. Mine did it one morning out in the driveway warming up.....zero wind and I looked outside and saw nothing but white smoke....FREAKED me out!
What shows in the cluster when your truck does it?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-22-2009, 7:57 PM Reply   
i had the recall and have never seen anything on my dash?????
is the petcock your talking about the yellow "drain" one i cant find another one. if i open it it just drains fuel. or is that a water fuel mix i cant tell. if its full does it alarm you on the dash. so if its the correct drain should it drain until empty?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-22-2009, 8:46 PM Reply   
Weird most people I sell to say they never even have to actually drain them although you are suppose to do it every month.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-23-2009, 6:06 AM Reply   
Yeah the petcock(insert Butthead laugh here..uh huh huh huh) is the yellow one right by the frame drivers side. I was told to start the truck, stop and drain until the dripping becomes fast, then close, start the truck and repeat a couple of times. Dude I swear it doesn't matter if you do it twice or 12 times....a day or two later the alarm goes off again! DRIVES ME INSANE!
Old     (spoonman)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-23-2009, 6:09 AM Reply   
^^ yea not Fords problem your getting water in the fuel. It can take several tanks to get rid of water. Try some Howes
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-23-2009, 8:02 AM Reply   
Ok, so your issue is water when you buy the fuel.

Go to truck stops to buy diesel. The fuel isn't sold as fast at regular gas stations, and accumulates water when it is stored for a longer period of time.

I know guys that WILL NOT put diesel from a regular gas station in their trucks.
Old     (hunterw)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-23-2009, 9:06 AM Reply   
pour a can of seafoam through your tank next time you fill up. i think its like 8 bucks a can and it will clean your injectors.
Old     (scheersound)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-25-2009, 9:04 PM Reply   
foxrepdc it reads cleaning exhaust filter.