Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (gbphantom)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-24-2004, 7:26 PM Reply   
I'm sure a war is going to be started here, but it's gonna get said anyways. Is Parks not getting to be a toadstool? Couldn't that start to affect his riding if he keeps getting bigger. Maybe I'm wrong, but thats just my opinion.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-24-2004, 7:35 PM Reply   
Its not good. Chicks don't dig it.

Plus, F=MA. More mass equals more force on the same knees.
Old    turtle            05-24-2004, 8:11 PM Reply   
Yes he is getting large!
Old    eric281            05-24-2004, 8:33 PM Reply   
ummm... some chicks dig it... after seein parks and an unnamed lady in my hotel's elevator, i'm guessin he doesnt have problems... ;)
Old    reddog25cf            05-25-2004, 11:36 AM Reply   
He's Parks Bonifay.... doesn't matter if he gets fat or not... he's still gonna get the chics... I mean come on guys... anyone remember Billy Bob Thorton? Doesn't matter what you look like when you got a name and/or money....

Now in my defense before people start attacking me.... No, those things don't get a quality girl, but it does get you a pretty good percentage of the girls in this world...
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-25-2004, 11:59 AM Reply   
Hell, Parks could be as fat as Chase Heavener and Jeff Heer combined and still have more skill than 99% of the riders out there.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-25-2004, 12:03 PM Reply   
but his weight might make it harder to pull off some of his tricks... more weight to move around... if that happens then he wouldnt get as many chicks
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-25-2004, 12:27 PM Reply   
look at ron jeremy and the girls that he gets with. so fat doesnt matter too much i guess. i mentioned this to someone and they realized it as well, he started to get biger when he turned 21.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-25-2004, 2:20 PM Reply   
who cares, he's a ledgend!!
Old    crowe            05-25-2004, 2:23 PM Reply   
RON JEREMY=LEGEND plain and simple
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-25-2004, 2:25 PM Reply   
Yeh, that Parks can't ride cuz he's just to fat. He is just so lucky when he gets a 2nd in Orlando and a 1st in Texas. I am not even sure it was him riding. No... he is just to fat to board.
Old     (gbphantom)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-25-2004, 4:39 PM Reply   
Good thinking TConway...I wasn't saying he sucks, because he is one of the best, if you couldn't comprehend my initial post. I was merely stating that if he keeps going at the rate he is his riding might start declining. I figured his groupies would chime in and come to his rescue, but I was just sharing my personal feelings. I'm sorry I upset anyone, but it looks like some people agree.
Old    eric281            05-25-2004, 8:41 PM Reply   
parks is not fat at all... its all muscle from what i saw... yeah he drinks, but do you think that started at 21? no.... parks has some monster forearms... and last time i checked, lifting weights in the offseason makes you better... ;)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-26-2004, 6:05 AM Reply   
Well he does get a little more 'out of shape' every year, but he also rips harder every year. So I would say it's not slowing him down one bit. That guy gets better every year. Maybe he wanted more counter-weight to swing him through those double halfcabs.
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-26-2004, 6:50 AM Reply   
Don't you have to know that maybe the Pros sit at home and read this kind of stuff and have a HUGE laugh about it?

So what if he's getting bigger/smaller/etc?? It's his body and he can treat it however he wants. Maybe he's gotten bigger because he likes to party and drink? Is that so different from the way any of us ride?

Some of you guys need to get out more and ride.
Old    xtremebordgurl            05-26-2004, 8:23 AM Reply   
Parks is an incredible rider, no doubt about it and he is defenitly pushing the sport so you have to give him credit for that... but just for supporting evidence for Corey, check out this pick of Parks on the A-frame
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-26-2004, 8:50 AM Reply   
It's my hot body, I'll do what I waunt!

Old    xtremebordgurl            05-26-2004, 9:04 AM Reply   
LMAO!! Thats awesome Salmon tacos, the only thing I'd be worried about if I were parks is blowing a knee out cause he can go so huge and with that added weight... it might do some serious damage. I'd hate to see him have to go thru surgery, I just went in for knee surgery yesterday and I have to say this is prolly the most pain I have ever been in in my whole life. It hurts worse then when I initially injured it. And with him being such a major rider in the pro scene it would suck if he had to be out for a while. But you're right, it is his body and he can do whatever he wants with it.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-26-2004, 12:38 PM Reply   
Hilarious!!!
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-26-2004, 2:35 PM Reply   
HAHAHAHAHA
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-26-2004, 5:42 PM Reply   
the guy does a fricken double back roll 360. I think he can make his own decisions.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-27-2004, 4:56 AM Reply   
Parks needs to lay off the female hormones! Or else go on a date with me.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-27-2004, 8:01 PM Reply   
Some people seem to be of the opinion that any change in Parks's body shape is a personal choice made by him, or possibly the result of some negligence on his part. Sure, a lot of beers will play a role, but the predominant factors may just be age and genetics. If you've met his dad, you might have an idea about what I mean (but then again, his mom is tall and skinny, so who knows?)
Anyway, I'm with Leo, the kid can do a frickin' double back roll 360! I hope he stays healthy and continues to progress on the water as long as possible, but those of us who have crossed the "30" threshold understand that everybody's riding is going to slip off eventually, it's simply part of the deal (unless maybe you are the cyborg, Darin Shapiro). The trick for these pros is just to put as much interest-earning money in the bank as they can before that inevitable day comes, and believe me, Parks has been doing that.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-27-2004, 8:02 PM Reply   
Salmon, you kill me!
Old    boofhead            05-28-2004, 11:12 AM Reply   
I reackon you have all missed a trick - parks is one of the best in the world right? Well maybe his body shape is the ideal shape for wakeboarding. Sounds like a decent excuse for another beer to me .....
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-28-2004, 11:27 AM Reply   
Your Physique is your choice unless you have some decease that prevents you from eating healthy and exercising. I'm getting fatter, wait, lets say 'more out of shape' every year. That's because I choose to drink more beer every year and workout less all as my metabolism slows down.

Salmon: That's the funniest seen in a long time.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-28-2004, 12:48 PM Reply   
J-Rod, maybe somewhat, but there are people who abuse their bodies for years with poor diet and lack of exercise, only to continue to appear healthy on the outside, and then there also are those who work their butts off in the gym, eat right, etc., but they still have that "mesomorphic" body type that just is predisposed to resemble a tree stump more and more as the years pass by. You are correct that healthy eating and exercise are crucial for overall health, but they will affect body shape only as a function of their interactions with genetics and age.

Oh, and I agree with you that if a person were to become "decease," that definitely would prevent him or her from eating healthy and exercising. (Sorry, had to do it!)

(P.S.) Dude, your new profile pic is bad@ss! Did you stick that?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-28-2004, 1:36 PM Reply   
I agree Doc. Some people do have genetic advantage/disadvantages. I used to work out with this dude. The guy could work out half as much as me, and still had a far superior physique. It was frustrating so I know what you're saying.

yeah yeah..I guess I meant 'Disease'

Actually I didn't stick that one yet. I keep sliding out on my heels. Hopefully this weekend I can put that one to rest and add a notch to my board!

P.S. Your profile pic is sick. Wish I could get that much style out of my method.

Old    stormrider            05-28-2004, 5:47 PM Reply   
Yeah, look at his dad--he's a bull of a man. Parks takes the good with the bad. It's Parks incredible upper body strength that makes him the wakeboarder he is-- he can pull tricks back from the brink one handed if need be. No upper body strength proportionate to overall body weight and you run a much greater chance of getting creamed in this sport.
Old    dyonisus            05-30-2004, 5:11 PM Reply   
He looks bigger, but bigger cannot necessarily mean bad. Fact is he rides like a bad ass and keeps getting better and better -- when out ridin,or in whatever we do we gotta go hard so there is always the risk of injury, you try to be as safe as possible..

I says Parks is just fine!
Old    wakenboard            06-02-2004, 9:01 PM Reply   
Parks is a really nice guy and an awesome wakeboarder- I don't think its necessary to have to bring him down about something like his weight. No one's going to be in great shape forever and its not affecting his performance, or his late night action i'm sure.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-02-2004, 10:11 PM Reply   
Until he cant make the handle pass on the double back mobe, I think he will be fine.
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       06-03-2004, 8:24 AM Reply   
before people jump all over me I am just the messegner a friend sent this to me after reading this post, FW Tour Stop photo of parks.

Old    vandal            06-03-2004, 9:19 AM Reply   
thats gross. double back-mobe or not thats gross. his next double move could very well be double-fisted, double bacon cheeseburger vanishing act.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       06-03-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
This is kind of a disappointing thread. We all know that there isn't one specific body type that is good for wakeboarding. There have been tall guys like seibring that killed it, and there have been stocky short-stuffs like darin shapiro that have killed it. If parks can handle the weight he has to carry around, then more power to him. I just find it sad that the pros are always put under a microscope and we analyze things that don't even effect us.

Really, how happy would some weekend warrior feel if they posted some pics on the site and they were all psyched on them, and then I'd come out and say "hey, you look portly. How can you ride like that?" etc, etc, blah blah blah. Double standards, I suppose...

Anyway, I like his shorts. They remind me of josh smith ca. 1993.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-03-2004, 1:24 PM Reply   
i agree 100% electricsnow, honestly parks kills it better than any of us on this board and better than 99% of the pros so he should be respected for his riding, not his appearance
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-03-2004, 2:13 PM Reply   
I know he is good but imagine how much he could rip if he actually trained and behaved like a true professional athlete. Off water training and lifestyle, not just on-water practice. He could certainly extend his career longer and would certainly improve. Maybe he doesn't want that though. And probably has not much motivation as everything he does now is obviously keeping him in the game. I must say he is my favorite rider.
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-03-2004, 3:51 PM Reply   
Cry me a river. People magazine says this kind of stuff about celebrities all the time. It's the price of being in the spotlight. Fact is, the guy rides well and will continue to do well in the sport. People post negatively about the looks of the female pros every so often, but people seem even more upset about this post. The guy has put on weight and if someone feels like posting about it, they certainly can. Don't get too upset people. Everything will be alright.
Old     (the_bug)      Join Date: May 2004       06-03-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
Pretty soon he will no longer need a flotation device.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-03-2004, 9:22 PM Reply   
What's funny is that half of the people on this board probably looked at that picture and said: That's not so bad i'm fatter than that.......at least the ones over 30.
Old     (azsufer)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-03-2004, 9:32 PM Reply   
i would love to be that fat and wakeboard like he does.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-04-2004, 12:34 PM Reply   
Parks will be a skinny guy mid-way thru the season! This is what the winter does to ppl!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-04-2004, 4:46 PM Reply