Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (bigjokerinthebox66)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-20-2008, 4:15 PM Reply   
I'm looking at a brand new closeout 07. I'm not too familiar with Skiers choice. Seems to be a nice boat. Anybody own one or rode behind one?
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-20-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
Love everything about my 2007 Supra 22. Might be worth searching past threads, this boat is discussed often.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-20-2008, 5:54 PM Reply   
Big boat...takes a lot of weight to sink it...
rode behind briscoe's old/new 24ssv and the wake was pretty big.

Didn't look like it from the boat but first trick I through I overrotated by a ton.... the seating is my favorite of any boat ever...sooooooo much room
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-20-2008, 6:07 PM Reply   
like nick said, big boat, lots of room, lots of storage. one i rode on had about 2500 and 3 people in it. wake was very nice. big, clean, and had a nice bit of hardness to it.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-20-2008, 9:01 PM Reply   
I have a 22SSV, but rode behind a 24SSV last night. Personally, I think the wakes are very similar, but the 24 definitely has the potential to get bigger than the 22. The room inside the cabin is spacious and the wake behind the boat is very versatile. IMO you can't go wrong with this boat. The wake can be whatever you want it to be.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-21-2008, 7:15 AM Reply   
I went from a 05 24 ssv to an 07 22 ssv. Same boat except 1.5 feet shorter and 2 inches difference on the beam. The wakes on both or close. The 22 does not take as much weight to dial it in and it is quicker on plane, easier to turn and the wake is not as finicky. The 24 is awesome, but will take more weight to dial it in, uses more gas, slower on the turns. The stock wake on either is good enough for begineer up to imtermediate riders. You use the wakeplate to make it suite your style of wake. I normally ride with 4-5 people, so the 24 was a little overkill and that is why I downgraded in size. My personally opinion is the 22 is perfect for the new hull design, the 24 is great if you ride with a large family or larger crew. If you plan to have allot of peeps partying on the lake the 24 comes in handy. Skiers choice has been stepping it up and they have a loyal following on this site. They build and stand behind in my opinion one of the best products on the market. I don't think you can get a better boat for the price point. Demo the boat and compare it to the other ones in the same price point in your market. I am fortunate to live in a market with every type of boat and ride them all. Just my 2 cents.

(Message edited by pfort on June 21, 2008)
Old     (bigjokerinthebox66)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-21-2008, 7:35 PM Reply   
Thanks Patrick. I've also been looking at the 22ssv. I too think the 24ft is a bit overkill, but it is a steal. I've also been comparing it to a Moomba GG and a Sanger V237, but something is telling me to go with the Supra. Anymore info or opinions is appreciated.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-21-2008, 7:45 PM Reply   
yep it is a sweet boat... can't go wrong with it
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-22-2008, 4:16 PM Reply   
I LOVE mine... You will not be disappointed, just go get it. With just the stock ballast, you should be very pleased with the size and shape of the wake right out of the box. It does take a lot of weight to sink it, but the stock ballast is almost 2k lbs, that is a lot of weight.
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-23-2008, 8:26 AM Reply   
22ssv here as well, have ridden behind a few 24's and like them just fine, but as has been said, just too much boat for me. I prefer a more nimble ride, so the 22 was perfect, and the only loss of space from the 24 to the 22 is in the bow, and hardly noticeable. Also, you will rarely need more than stock ballast, if even that, unless you are just really trying to go as huge as possible. If you can't land your bag of tricks behind that 24 with no weight in it, it's time to go back to basics anyway ;)

Good choice, you won't regret it!
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-23-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
Seem to be quite a few of us that went from the 24SSV to the new 22SSV hull.

While I agree with most of the reasons that others gave for going to the 22, I don't find their wakes all THAT similar.

I and most of my crew do agree with the following:

Takes less weight in the 22 to produce a nice big wake.
Handles a little better than the 24.
Better gas consumption.
Storage space a little smaller but not much. (the rear storage compartments are a little tighter to get a board into however I get my 142 with bindings in there fine).

As far as the wake, I think the 22 is a little less touchy as far as weight distribution and do think it gets bigger faster as you add weight.

However, we all feel the 22 wake is steeper than the 24 wake. The 24 is a big wake with a larger transition a bit of a lip. The 22 in our experience is more abrupt/steep with a very thick/meaty lip. For me, the 24 seems to pop me more upward than outward than the 24 wake. While they are similar, I wouldn't call them close to the same. I enjoy the 22SSV wake more even when it is smaller than the 24's since it provides that nice upward kick. Steeper than the 24SSV/Malibu's but not as steep as the 21V/SAN type wake. Right in the middle.

Of course, now if my slightly torn PCL and quad tendon would recover, I could actually enjoy it. :-P
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-23-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
here is the wake
Upload
Upload
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-23-2008, 12:49 PM Reply   
nick how much weight in that boat that wake is sick! big and clean wayyyy back.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-23-2008, 1:19 PM Reply   
That is the best wake I have ever had the privilage to experience. The 24SSV with stock ballast at 23.5 @ 75 feet is the most amazing experience you will ever have on a board. The wake has a long, smooth transition, with an abrupt pop at the top that gives you the boot.

The room in it is also extremely convineint.

Get it with the Cargo Rack, that is god's gift to families who love the water.
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-23-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
definitely get the cargo rack...i loved it so much i made mastercraft put it on my x-2 when i bought it :-)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-23-2008, 11:43 PM Reply   
Cargo rack +1

As far as ballast I donno exactly...it was Dave Briscoe's old boat that was bought but another guy (Joe) in Winter Haven....there was no ballast showing, so I'm guessing stock GG setup... I would guess over 2k but not more than 3k

I know Briscoe's other newer boat was LOADED...
either way I still love the SANTE wake more, but this was pretty darn good

they took a 24 ft. boat and got the swim platform about 6-8" under water...not easy.