Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (texasissippi)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-09-2008, 4:49 AM Reply   
so im in the market to get a new boat. i found two pretty good deals... one is a 03 SANTE 210 with just about every extra you can think of. its a friend of a friends boat and been kept up VERY well, comes with one of the loudest systems ive ever heard, lead light bar, everything... i think its got about 400 hrs...

Next, for about 6k more, there is a 07 SANTE 210 thats another friends. all black (i love that)very similar options, with twr speakers/lights, sacs and everything. the boat was split in a divorce and just need to take over remainder payments from bank +/- 40k with under a hundred hours... been stored in dry/covered marina but no trailor (i can get one for cost, so add another +/- 2500?!?)

what do you guys think, i heard the 07 wake SUCKED.. ive never rode behind a 210 any newer than 05...
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-09-2008, 7:14 AM Reply   
how much for the 03?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-09-2008, 8:00 AM Reply   
I can't imagine the 07 wake to be that bad... but they did find a way to destroy the seating
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-09-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
They are both great boats with great wakes, I have riddin behind 07 210's and the wake is great, got an 08 210 on the way.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-09-2008, 8:44 AM Reply   
Dude don't be fooled. The new 210 wake is not bad at all. I actually like it a lot. It still has a great lip and is just a bit mellower than the previous years. I like the old 210 wake a lot too and that is what I ride behind when I am not behind my Sport. Both of those boats throw very big wakes that have alot of vert to them and little transition into the wake unless you play around with the weight and put some up front in which you can get a wake that mellows out the trough (spell?), and adds a transition which is actually a very similar shape to the new 210 wake. I have been behind the new 210 with just stock ballast and the wake is good. If you are anything like me then you will want to put more weight in the boat to see what will result. Well we dropped a 250 in each of the rear lockers and a 370 tube sack in the ski locker and sure enough the wake became bigger and lippier if that is a word. If you love the old 210 wake then simply add some extra weight to the back and call it done. If you want to tame it then add a locker sack and the wake will pretty much hold the same shape as stock with some extra size. The hydro gate is also a nice feature cause you can put it all the way down and get the boat out of the hole very quickly and then when up to speed drop that sucker back down and the wake grows in size and the lip becomes very well defined.

Anyway, I wouldn't say that you should not consider the newer boat at all because of the wake. The interior is a love hate thing, some like the versatility that you have and some hate that seat that can be moved and flipped. In 08 they changed the seat quite a bit so that your back bench will be flush with the rest of the seating and it looks better and is more functional as well as made the boat easier to work on by relocating the ballast pumps and adjusting the motor cover and adding a "trap door",to get to the v-drive. They had just put out that mold in 07 so some things were bound to be improved upon but over all I still think that it is a great boat.
As for the old 210 hull, well it speaks for itself with years of great performance and a cult like following for the shape of the wake.

Check out the pictures of wake thread in the wakeboard disscusion forum to see pics of both wakes. Nick has his wake dialed in perfectly I must say, that pic. makes me happy and a bit further down you will see a pic that Walt has posted of the 08 210 wake with stock ballast, same shape as 07 and it looks pretty kickin to me.
Old     (jmv)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-09-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
I owned an 05 210 and now an 07 210. I personally like the new 210 better. Robert hit it right on.
Old     (texasissippi)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-09-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
thank you guys so much for all your input... i might be sold on the new one if i can get everything worked out for the extra cheese...

ill keep everyone updated...

ps, anyone thinking about coming to spring fling?? esp any of you from down south?