Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-30-2005, 6:07 PM Reply   
we just cruised by, what a mad house.Three and four boats deep.

Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-30-2005, 8:43 PM Reply   
Not a good sign for the guy in the 4th picture with the sheriff pulled up along side his boat. That's what he gets for having a jet boat
Old    whitechocolate            05-30-2005, 9:10 PM Reply   
Holly Mullet Madness. I take it that was the stockton ski beach. I am some what suprised to see the tents on the Island. Jim the guy who own's and lives on the island is a Intresting guy, Im guessing he is cool with it.
Old    justsomeguy            05-30-2005, 10:11 PM Reply   
It never fails.

Every time we go by there the white trash guage gets pegged at 11.
Old    norcalbrdrydr            05-30-2005, 10:43 PM Reply   
That's actually fondly refered to as bakini beach which is across the way from Taco Tuesdays. If you dont know where Taco Tuesdays is... you should probably figure it out. 3 bucks for 2 bomb tacos and 6 for all the tacos you can possibly eat. Not bad when you are boardin all day on the dirty delta...
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-31-2005, 2:42 AM Reply   
anyone get any boardin done there then????????
Old    jetgofish            05-31-2005, 8:27 AM Reply   
Chaz .... Madness, guess none of them hit the 40 foot tree that we did that ended the weekend! Lots O damage!

Alex this is actually Ski Beach located at the end of Twins just south of the levee break!
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-31-2005, 8:43 AM Reply   
Teri-
That sucks, was it down in Grant Line? There was a ton of debris down there yesterday.
Old    jetgofish            05-31-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   
Actually no Mark it was just behind Ski Beach. We were between Rail Road and the levee break.

We steered abotu 20 feet clear of what we thought was about a 6 foot log. It ended up being a 40 foot long tree that that only about 6 feet was visable, not only that it had a Y in it so it dropped down another 5 - 6 feet below the surface.

We limpted in under minimal rudder and prop power, not one boat stopped to see if we needed assistance. We were taking on water, but nothing that the bildge couldn't keep up with. Once we pulled the boat out the prop blades were all folded over (and I do mean folded over) the shaft was bent an 1" of center with the shaft seal broken, the rudder was also bent 2" off center and there was about 6" of gel coat peeled down to the fiberglass just shy of the transom, then you could stick your finger through the showing glass.

Needless this ended our three day weekend early, puts the boat in the shop for at least 6 weeks and hinders all riding until then.

The Delta had 4'+ tides all weekend, not only because the end of the full moon, but also because of the HUGE amounts of water coming down from upstream! The next several weeks the Delta will be full of debris, my warning to every one, the conditions we are experiencing now are those conditions that typically are found in Jan or Feb, only us die hard riders typically see these conditions. Be very weary when spotting debris in the water, what you see might not be the entire object as we experienced on Saturday! Advise to every Detla goer over the next few weeks, ride and drive with EXTREME CAUTION!!!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-31-2005, 9:41 AM Reply   
teri ~ good advice. Sorry to hear about what happened. At least no one was hurt.
Old     (jwag)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-31-2005, 9:49 AM Reply   
"That's actually fondly refered to as bakini beach which is across the way from Taco Tuesdays. If you dont know where Taco Tuesdays is... you should probably figure it out. 3 bucks for 2 bomb tacos and 6 for all the tacos you can possibly eat. Not bad when you are boardin all day on the dirty delta..."

Where is this Taco Tuesday you speak of???, If in fact the pictures are behind ski beach, I cannot think of any place that serves food around there, nor near bikini beach(which I thought was up near railroad)

Thanks,
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-31-2005, 9:58 AM Reply   
Teri,

Sorry to hear about your guys luck.
The pic is the Stockton beach, I am sure Disco was a mad house also.
Old    jetgofish            05-31-2005, 10:03 AM Reply   
Chas - We need to get together and ride ... you still have my #? Remeber I have the dock! Let me know when you have some free space I'd love to kick it with you!
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-31-2005, 10:37 AM Reply   
still got your number, will give you a call next time out your way.