Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Hydrofoiling

Old     (slicktrick699)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-27-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
I have a friend of mine who's buddy is a big foiler. His buddy claims he can go all the way around the boat while riding? Is this even possible or is this guy rideing on another level that can not be imagined? I do not foil so all the input would be great.
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       12-27-2007, 9:04 PM Reply   
It's possible, I've driven several and done a few on a foil myself. You have to have a driver that is really in sinc with the skier. The skier calls out the around the boat with a hand signal and the driver response with the same (we use a circular fist motion above the head).

This is done by cutting out wide to one side and then having the boat driver turn back in to and underneath the rider while the rider continues around behind the boat. The boat then continues in the opposite direction with the rider.

I've never done it, but did see video of a double round the boat with two foils doing the around the boat. SICK!
Here is a pic:
http://airjunky.com/temp/RTB2.JPG

JT
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       12-28-2007, 10:50 AM Reply   
There's also a vid of it on foilfreaks.com

Watch the Lake Powell video in the 2003 or 2004 section.
Old     (slicktrick699)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-28-2007, 2:06 PM Reply   
Wow!!!!!! Thanks for all of the info. Apparently the guy who is the big hot dog around here with this comes out 2 my lake sometimes. maybe I will have the chance to see it in person. JT did you get your boat from Malibu Corky?
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       12-28-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
Hey Slicktrick,

You bet, glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, I got my boat from the Yacht Club and worked with Rocky. He's a good guy.

Where are you from?

JT
Old     (slicktrick699)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-29-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
I live out by Liberty Lake... I hear the guys at the Yacht Club are great to work with..
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-04-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
Hey there SLICK... Says you dont have a boat. I know some people that might be able to help ya out!!
Old     (slicktrick699)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-04-2008, 10:53 AM Reply   
Man that would be great. From what I hear you are the man to buy from. I was thinking maybe a vlx loaded but tell me about the oil head motors? Have they had any problems?
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-04-2008, 10:55 AM Reply   
Oil Head motors? You must be thinking of an LY6?
Old     (slicktrick699)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-04-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
I heard thats what you put in your hair...Sorry for the confusion
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       01-04-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
Check it...

Murphy, submarine to Around the Boat! Boat driver was as good or better than the skier in this trick.

http://tinyurl.com/2ksabs

JT
Old     (slicktrick699)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-04-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
That was sick...... Thats what im talking about..
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-04-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
We used to do this all of the time, the driver is key, so is rope tension. I found driving a Direct Drive boat for this easier than a V-Drive but both work well enough. Need to have some one watch the rope on the tower too, don't want it to get caught up on anything.

Doing doubles is harder, the guy going the other way has to be a pretty good foiler.

Doing this on a wakeskate makes for some funny crashes too!
Old     (slicktrick699)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-04-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
wow on a wakeskate? now that is a video I would like to see..