Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-25-2008, 6:35 AM Reply   
Hey ya'll! Merry Christmas!

Was hoping I could get an opinion on the following two wakeskates. I was able to find good deals on both the:

O'Brien Traffic

Liquid Force Control

And was wondering if anybody had any insight into these boards as there don't seem to be many reviews out there that I could find on either. I greatly appreciate it! I will be picking one of these two up before middle of next week as it sits now.

Again, thank you, and merry Christmas to everybody!!

- Ben
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-25-2008, 7:25 AM Reply   
Addition-

There were a few mentions of the Liquid Force Controls delaminating, just a side note.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-25-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
i don't wake skate at all but that new CWB one has my eye for when i want to pull the trigger
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-25-2008, 1:03 PM Reply   
Jeremy,
I'm definitely a board first guy too. I've only skated a few times but I figured, it's Christmas, why not get a goof off toy LOL just want to make sure I'm getting one that'll be problem free ya know?
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-25-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
The LF Control is a better wakeskate. It's actually one of my personal favorites. I haven't ridden mine much since I got my new Integrity but it hasn't shown any signs of delaminating. But delaminating and breakage is something that you're risking with any wooden wakeskate...even that CWB Onset.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-25-2008, 4:11 PM Reply   
I would avoid the obrien skates. I have heard nothing but bad, and from what I have seen in person, they are less than impressive. LF has some good low budget skates, and definantly look into some of the smaller companies like Oak, and New.

And when you start progressing, look for a Zariel.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-25-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
Check out the Gator skates too!

They're quality skates and for a pretty good price to!
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-25-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
I just ordered a LF Control after riding a friends all last summer...feels so right (even barefoot)
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-25-2008, 5:48 PM Reply   
I started out on a Traffic and it's a good board to learn on but I out grew it REALLY fast I would suggest going with a wood concave like a NEW, OAK, or Sattelyte
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-25-2008, 11:13 PM Reply   
Alright, sounds like a liquid force control is the way to go as far as the ones I'm looking at. I really appreciate the input guys!! Between the roam and that skate I'll have plenty of options when the covin is breaking me off bad! LOL thanks again!
Old     (xmarksthespot)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-28-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
INTEGRITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-29-2008, 7:58 AM Reply   
New, Oak, Sattelyte, and Devotid all make sick quality decks
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       12-29-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
The new Byerly Bi-Level
Old     (the_bug)      Join Date: May 2004       12-30-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
Since you currently consider a wakeskate to be a goof off toy I advise you to get the least expensive deck you can find. You can get your Integrity skate later when you are over strapping. An Integrity wakeskate is like a fine single malt scotch. It is not for everyone, but those who have had "The Epiphany" know its purpose.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-30-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
Quote-

"By Caleb Rountree (dlwsrider) on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 4:11 pm:

I would avoid the obrien skates. I have heard nothing but bad, and from what I have seen in person, they are less than impressive. LF has some good low budget skates, and definantly look into some of the smaller companies like Oak, and New.

And when you start progressing, look for a Zariel."

--The O'brien Traffic is a great starter stake, I have no Idea why Caleb took such a pot jab at O'brien for the Traffic. I learned w2w 180s, shuvs, 3 shuvs, and FS Bigspins on the Traffic its a great board. This year O'brien has the Intox coming out, its a super sick new composit deck, as well as som Bamboo Traffic Skates in the mix that will never wear out.
Old     (kampus96)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-30-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
bamboo wakeskates..i wonder where they got that idea from.