Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-08-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
Hey guys,

we surf behind our 210 Team Nautique

What type of ballast setups are you other guys with the 210's using?

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
WWW.WakeboardOklahoma.COM
Old     (daltonhouse)      Join Date: May 2006       05-08-2006, 4:10 PM Reply   
Hey Danny

I surf my 210 with, Rear Starboard Ballast full, Belly Ballast full, 4-6 crew behind the driver on the starboard side and one up front. Killer Wake but I'm trying to come up with a configuration that will give me a LONGER pocket.

I haven't got any photos of my boat from the shore yet but based my configuration on the photo of the 210 below.

In an effort to get a longer pocket, next time I'm out I'm going to try

Both Rear Ballast full, 300lb sac in starboard locker,Belly Ballast full, 4 people behind driver, 500lb sac next to the driver and throw 2 people up front.

I'm hoping it will be a bit longer.....

Cheers

Upload
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-08-2006, 8:56 PM Reply   
Awesome!

We have been just using the factory belly and port ballast with a couple people and we can surf, just not very much...

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
Old     (daltonhouse)      Join Date: May 2006       05-08-2006, 9:41 PM Reply   
Hey Danny - What year model is your 210? If it's THIS YEARS, loading the Port side and and surfing the Port wake's best. If it's LAST YEARS (or before) you get the best wake loading up the starboard side. This is due to the rotation direction of the prop and CC changed it in this years model.

I surf goofy and my 210'S a 2005 model, so loading up the starboard side suits me.

cheers
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-08-2006, 10:05 PM Reply   
Really?

Mine is a 2005, so I should be doing it on the other side...

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-13-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
I ordered in the FLY HIGH Ballast Sytems...

I got the PUMP, 2 Rear WEDGE SACKS, FAT BRICK and FRONT INTEGRATED SACK...

Hope we have a big enough wake!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-13-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
I wanted to order a similar set up for my Calabria. Let me know how it turns out!
Old     (daltonhouse)      Join Date: May 2006       05-13-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
Hey Danny

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your wedge sacs from ? I currently use a large round ones for my rear lockers and partially fill them. It's a pain in the asss and getting a pair of those sacks would be sweet.

Only drama is I live in Australia but I'm happy to import them.

Cheers

Charlie.....

PS - With that set of sacs you've got you will have enough weight for sure.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-13-2006, 10:06 PM Reply   
We got our sacs from the company we carry here at our shop its called barefoot international/ fly high.

http://www.barefootinternational.com/

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-16-2006, 2:32 PM Reply   
I got them in today, but Im not going to be able to go to the lake until Thursday.

Ill let yall know how it works out!

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
www.WakeboardOklahoma.com
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-19-2006, 8:34 PM Reply   
We went out tonight, I felt a little more of a push but it is still pretty hard to ride behind our boat without the rope....

It made an awesome Wkeboard Wake though!!!

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
Old     (daltonhouse)      Join Date: May 2006       05-20-2006, 5:01 AM Reply   
Say what ?

Danny, your wake should have been a kickass wake with that extra weight in it. If I lived your way I would head down for a ride for sure, bit hard from down in Australia though.

Dude, post some pics, something doesn't sound right. With the 210 and that weight it should have been a sweet pocket.

Wish I was there to lend a hand.

Charlie
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-20-2006, 5:53 AM Reply   
Similar set up:

two v drive sacs (400 lbs each), 1 fat sac 750 lbs and 1 bow sac 1000 lbs + 750 stock ballast and only two people in the boat (driver and one on the swimdeck). No problem to let go of the rope.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-20-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
Im just not sure guys...

I think it should be working too, do yall think its my board?

I dont because we have rode it behind other peoples boat.

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-21-2006, 10:43 PM Reply   
Have you hit the sweetspot of the wake by pulling yourself up and in?
Old    surfdad            05-22-2006, 7:30 AM Reply   
With all due respect, Tom, you are in California and I'm sure you are aware of the regulations effective last year...no doubt you got the stickers with your most current registration indicating that no one is to be on the swim deck while the boat is under way. Are you wakesurfing with someone standing on the swim deck? Or did I just misread your post (say it ain't so! :-) )
Old    sevenseven            05-22-2006, 10:46 PM Reply   
What does the person up front do for the wave?
Old    sevenseven            06-02-2006, 2:17 PM Reply   
anyone?
Old     (cp3)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-02-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
Makes the pocket longer I think.
Old    sevenseven            06-02-2006, 3:55 PM Reply   
ok thank you
Old    dukeboy            06-03-2006, 6:23 AM Reply   
I run a similar set-up...

Starboard Ballast (wedge tanks), Belly Ballast, Two Cubes (one in locker/one behind driver...http://www.boardersparadise.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=W702&Categor y_Code=D4d&Product_Count=3), & three 65 lb. lead weights (starboard side). Perfect Pass is usually set between 9.0-9.7. Good line-up, good pocket, perfect shape.

(Message edited by dukeboy on June 03, 2006)
Old    jesse_martinez            06-03-2006, 10:26 PM Reply   
i ride behind a 05 210 AND THE LEFT HAND BREAK IS SICK ESPECAILLY FOR GOOFY FOOTERS. THE BEST WAKE WE ARE GETTING IS TO EVENLY WEIGHT THE BOAT FROM NOSE TO REAR ON THE DRIVER SIDE MAKING SURE THAT THE NOSE IS IN THE WATER. IT IS VITAL THAT BOW BE SLAMMED. HOW EVER BE CARFEUL WITH ALL THAT WEIGHT IN THE NOSE IT MAKES IT A BIT TRICKIER TO DRIVE BUT A HELL OF A LOT MORE FUN FOR THE RIDER......

WWW.XTREMEBOARDCOMPANY.COM
Old    dukeboy            06-04-2006, 7:58 AM Reply   
Jesse-What are you putting in the bow to get it so low?
Old    dukeboy            06-04-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
Here's the other popular Nautique question...how do you weight down the boat on the port side?

I'm a goofy footer, so I don't mind the starboard side set-up, but it's also fun to ride backside. How have you Nautique owners weighted down the port side to wakesurf? Can it be done?

(Message edited by dukeboy on June 04, 2006)
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-04-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
General question about setup... Do you fill each bag manually (throw the pump in the water over the side of the boat) or do you integrate it with the existing system? It seems like I could add a couple of pumps and use the existing system of gate valves etc, but I have no clue as to how this is done.

I have a 2000 SAN with rear ballast but need to add more weight to surf. My family won't sit around for me to fill 2 v-drive sacks and a bow sack-plus I don't want to climb all over the place monkeying around with it. I'd like to hit the "fill" switch and be done.

Also, anyone using the footlock for ballast? Which bag? Integrated?
Old    dukeboy            06-04-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
Bruce-I fill all my sacks independently. I like having the ability to move sacks around the boat if needed. Good luck on the integrated system...they can be really nice.

I had a 2001 SAN and I put a big sack in the front ski locker (http://www.boardersparadise.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=W707&Categor y_Code=D4d&Product_Count=0). Fit perfect. Added a lot of weight. I filled it once and would leave it filled. I shouldn't have been towing the boat around with it filled, but I don't have a long drive to the water. I'd change the water every month or so. It wasn't integrated.

For your rear v-drive sacks, I leave the pump in the sack ready to go. As I'm getting the boards down, getting rope ready, etc., the sacks are pumping (sometimes while my wife's putting the trailer away, I throw the pumps in the water and they fill while she's doing her thing). This requires two pumps.

(Message edited by dukeboy on June 04, 2006)
Old    jesse_martinez            06-04-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
we have put about 500 lbs in the very tip of the nose. we primarily use lead bars they work the best for getting a lot of weight in a confined space (the nose of the boat).
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-06-2006, 9:54 PM Reply   
I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO IT BEHIND THE NAUTIQUE!!!

But I cant seem to stay in the pocket for long,
Any tips?

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-08-2006, 5:02 AM Reply   
I left my stock rear tanks on fill to see where it would overflow to last night and noticed the swim platform was 4 inches underwater. I thought "Cool" until I opened the hatch. The entire bilge was full almost to the floor. We were sinking! I flipped the bilge on and emptied it but still haven't located where the problem was.

Questions. The tanks have 3 holes.

1. One the at the rear bottom for filling/empty.
2.One is a vent that runs to the front drivers side where I turn a valve off and on to drain or fill.
3. the last one is at the rear of the tank with a 3/4" hose with a check valve and it goes out a hole it the back. I assumed that this is the overflow but it sure didn't overflow last night.

Why would it need a check valve?

Any ideas why it wouldn't overflow?

What typically happens when you leave the fill pump on in your boat? Do you see water pouring out over the side spout?

Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-08-2006, 6:15 AM Reply   
I have been able to get a good wake on the port side on my supersport (Same hull and prop rotation as the 210)

I run fat sac in port locker next to engine. 750lb sac probably fills to 650lb i would guess. then 80 in lead on top of it or under the port side rear seat.

Ski locker ballast 650lbs midship. then another 200lbs in lead all the way up in the nose.

Whoever is in the boat on the port side also. usually towards the back, but I usually only have one other person beside the driver.
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-08-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
I found two things wrong. First my check valves were both stuck closed. I tapped on them with a screw driver and they opened right up. Second I found a huge hole in my hose. After fixing those issues it worked fine. They overflowed out the back of the boat through the check valve and I saw no other leaks.

In fact I filled only the starboard side of the ballast and the wake looked great for surfing. Will let you know.
Old    dukeboy            06-08-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
Stan-Thanks...I'll give it a try.