Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2010, 1:28 AM Reply   
The Euro invasion has created a new breed of player. They're horrible and it's ruined the game of poker.

That is all.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-30-2010, 7:20 AM Reply   
I do not play so excuse my ignorance, but if the good players make money, and the horrible players lose money, dont the good players of the world WANT an influx of horrible players hemmoraging money?
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-30-2010, 7:37 AM Reply   
Poker is a game of adaptation. If you can't adapt to your opponents, you are not good at the game.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-30-2010, 9:12 AM Reply   
Please explain WTF your talkng about!
Old     (MightySAM)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-30-2010, 9:41 AM Reply   
Sounds like you caught a bad beat, or you need to take a good look in the mirror. Maybe you are the "HORRIBLE PLAYER" and they are glad you are at the table. Just like Paul said, you need to adapt to your your opponet. FISHY FISHY... hahahhahaha
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-30-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
If you are properly bank rolled you should love horrible play. I play very low stakes online. When I see people calling raises with 24 suited it is just fine with me. They might get lucky once in a while but the majority time they will be handing me their money. The think that I have learned is Bank roll management is the most important thing to keep you off tilt and be able to withstand the swings.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2010, 11:05 AM Reply   
In the cutoff with AQ with a limper behind me, so I 4 bet-
button calls-
SB folds
BB calls
limper folds.
Flop comes 6AQ.
BB checks-
I 4 bet again-
B folds
BB calls
turn 2.
BB half pots
I shove
BB calls with 35s.
River 4.

What...?!

Adapt that!

1. They do not know when to fold
2. Bet size only means bigger pots if they hit their 9/1
3. Calling 2x pot on weak 10/3 FD is always a good idea.
4. Position ..?! What does that mean?
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2010, 11:13 AM Reply   
Mike I'm with ya- I am properly rolled, made one small 200.00 deposit on Stars 9 years ago, cashed out well over 12g's playing low stakes and I have a small 600.00 roll still in. Yeah, I'm the fish.
Bad beat, I should chalk it up to low stakes and I know I will be paid in the long run..I've been playing this game on-line for 9 years.. It used to be solid until the Euros invaded and it irritates me. I just play for the fun of it, but over the past 3 or so years it's becoming increasingly less fun and more irritating.

Last edited by barry; 08-30-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-30-2010, 11:56 AM Reply   
So this stupid awful terrible moron poker player beat you?

I'm not reading all that stuff either, so a yes or no would be best.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-30-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
I will say you see a lot more play like this online. I don't see play like that to often when I play live except if it is a home game and the jager machine has been flowin.
But Barry honestly that is tough but over the long run you just want that villian making that call over and over. If someone would give me those odds repeatedly I wouldn't be working for a living.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2010, 1:08 PM Reply   
Mike,
You're right and I was just irritated last night by the play. The whole table was unbelievably bad, so I stayed to get paid off ,but they kept hitting their 4/1 shot time after time after time.. absolutely refusing to fold. I never got paid, just run down. There's nothing you can but leave your money at the table and go at that point.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2010, 1:12 PM Reply   
I almost never see this kind of play live- Even the low stakes structured games full of retirees and college kids don't play quite that bad.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-30-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
I will say when you are going through a bad streak on line it can seem rediculous. I went through a streak a while back. Where I knew the two outer was coming everytime. But as you know it is volume the more you play the more that will even out. But those streaks are horrible and it is hard not question your game when you are in the middle of one.
Old     (MightySAM)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-30-2010, 1:55 PM Reply   
Stop crying already. So, you had a bad beat, GET OVER IT. If you have been playing for "9 years", then you of all people should know how to handle your losses and not keep them hanging over your head. Sounds like you need a break from poker if this one hand frustrates you that much! JMO...
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-30-2010, 2:00 PM Reply   
Do yourself a favor, Barry, and quit poker.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2010, 2:05 PM Reply   
I'm going to take your advice, Paul.. you know why? Because you are the coolest!
I bet nobody here has a clue just how cool you are. I wish I could bottle your coolness, I would make a fortune! I wish I were just .0001 as cool as you are! You are one cool guy!
Attached Images

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2010, 2:07 PM Reply   
Sam, you're right.. I am complaining, but it's not one bad beat.. That was the one that prompted me to make the thread because it was sooooo 'out there'.
I'll stop, sorry.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-30-2010, 2:12 PM Reply   
Well, I guess you won't take my sound advice but rather will act like a 2 year old, so I will look forward to your next meltdown/rant.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2010, 2:21 PM Reply   
2 year old? No, In mean it.. You are like Superman to me, but even better! I'm just expressing to you how cool I think you are! I'm sure most people see it. I don't see how you could possibly be offended by that. I said I did take your advice because you have all the answers, Paul... you always did... that's how cool you are!
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-30-2010, 2:27 PM Reply   
This is exactly why you need to quit poker. You simply don't have the necessary maturity to handle the very substantial amount of variance associated with the game.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2010, 2:29 PM Reply   
I think I have a man-crush on you, Paul.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
What I do have , Paul, is the necessary maturity to know there is absolutely no point in engaging in conversation with you. I'm trying to make you go away without being rude. You seem to always look for some angle to get under my skin by making what you think are veiled insults, but they're painfully obvious and they don't work.
I thought we had an unspoken agreement that we'll avoid each other? Being the mature, Zen seeker you are, isn't it obvious we're just not going to get along? Every conversation we share ends up getting personal, so what's the point? I'm sure you're a great guy and have more friends than you can count.

In case you missed it...
Paul, I respectfully ask you to ignore my posts.

Thank you, sir.. and I truly do wish you and your family the best.

P.S I wish I were as successful at poker as you are, but I am just a low stakes scrub. You have done very well in the past and I truly congratulate you on your success. You should be proud!
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-30-2010, 3:19 PM Reply   
I wasn't trying to get under your skin, I was trying to save you time, money, and frustration. Everything I said in this thread was accurate. Poker is a brutal game, and it has just been my experience that someone who would make a thread like this just isn't a good fit for the game on a long-term basis.

I have no idea what sort of unspoken agreement you are talking about. Indeed, my respect for you went way up in relation to your recent postings about the US Constitution and honoring it even when it leads to results that make you want to hurl for whatever reason.

Anyway, best wishes for continued success in poker and whatever else and I will try to remember to refrain from commenting on your posts.
Old     (MightySAM)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-30-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
Are you guys serious? This is absolutely HILARIOUS! Paul, I think Barry has a crush on you. hahahaha
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-30-2010, 4:12 PM Reply   
Barry, I think you might be confusing paulsmith with me, cause I'm definitely like Superman, but better... lol

By the way, if you could find a way to bottle some of my coolness, I would be willing to split it with you 60/40. I'm sure that one 6 ounce bottle will more then make up for anything you've EVER lost playing poker.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2010, 4:28 PM Reply   
What an amazing offer, Paul! 60/40? How generous of you. Lucky for me I'm not a losing poker player..I'm sure you are cooler than Superman. Not only are you cool, but you're modest, too.

Made one small 200.00 deposit on Stars 9 years ago, cashed out well over 12g's playing low stakes and I have a small 600.00 roll still in. I won't get wealthy playing poker, but I'm not a losing player, either.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-30-2010, 5:01 PM Reply   
"but I'm not a losing player, either."

yet here you are whining about getting beat by someone from europe who does not play as much as you do? gimme a break. you win some, and you lose some. normal people just move on to the next game.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-30-2010, 8:10 PM Reply   
Back on the subject of actual poker. I was on Full Tilt tonight and watched Phil Ivey play online for awhile. He was playing 2K 4K limit holdem. It was so crazy I watched him lose 80K in 10 minutes. Man I couldnt imagine that I get pissed when I lose 20 bucks!
Old     (TheSarge)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-30-2010, 11:15 PM Reply   
Phil Ivey wins and loses 250k in vegas regularly
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-31-2010, 6:57 AM Reply   
Barry, i think some of these guys just like to gamble. Maybe the guy has no regard for money. Possibly the downfall of playing online without real money. Poker is like golf, there are a million ways to get the job done. Some of which you may not agree with. Its what makes those players dangerous. They hit one hand like that and they got their opponents mind-screwed the rest of the night. Thinking, "this dude is capable of anything if he does that". Not a great strategy, but if you pull turns and rivers like that it can work.
Old     (MightySAM)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-31-2010, 9:52 AM Reply   
Barry Waste (barry) Join Date: Apr 2002 Yesterday, 11:13 AM Reply Quick Reply
Mike I'm with ya- I am properly rolled, made one small 200.00 deposit on Stars 9 years ago, cashed out well over 12g's playing low stakes and I have a small 600.00 roll still in. Yeah, I'm the fish.
Bad beat, I should chalk it up to low stakes and I know I will be paid in the long run..I've been playing this game on-line for 9 years.. It used to be solid until the Euros invaded and it irritates me. I just play for the fun of it, but over the past 3 or so years it's becoming increasingly less fun and more irritating.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by barry; Yesterday at 11:15 AM.

Barry Waste (barry) Join Date: Apr 2002 Yesterday, 4:28 PM Reply Quick Reply
What an amazing offer, Paul! 60/40? How generous of you. Lucky for me I'm not a losing poker player..I'm sure you are cooler than Superman. Not only are you cool, but you're modest, too.

Made one small 200.00 deposit on Stars 9 years ago, cashed out well over 12g's playing low stakes and I have a small 600.00 roll still in. I won't get wealthy playing poker, but I'm not a losing player, either.

Hey Barry, why don't you tell us one more time how much you deposited and how much you won? We are all so proud of you!
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-31-2010, 10:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
"this dude is capable of anything if he does that". Not a great strategy, but if you pull turns and rivers like that it can work.
Actually, that can be an excellent strategy! I am a TAG, but have used wild play/loose aggressive play that makes no sense whatsoever to create the exact illusion you speak of. It does work! It almost always pays off late.

Hey Sam,
Some contributors mentioned the idea that I may be a losing player after I posted my deposits/cash outs. I reposted not to brag, but to show the issue isn't that I am a weak/new player since it seemed to be missed the first time. I play low stakes poker for fun, there is nothing to brag about.

Is there anything else you'd like to contribute since you've been so very helpful an friendly?
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-31-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
Barry, I have not read all the posts but you are getting involved here with guys that probably don't play so they cannot understand your frustration. There are guys online that will call you with any rag ace and ANY 2 suited cards. You get dealt KK and make a huge pre flop raise,they will call you with A 3 off and then catch the ace. Or catch a 3 on the flop and call all the way to the river (because they have a big kicker presumably????) and catch an A or another 3 AND then think they are really playing well. It's MADDENING.And another thing, they will not lay AK down at gunpoint. Even if they miss the flop they will call all the way. It HAS to win,it HAS to,it Has to...... lol. And of course the gutshot, hoping,praying for that miracle card. And getting it. They cannot possibly be long term winners. The odds won't allow it. But they win now and again and when it's against you,it BURNS.
You cannot slowplay either. Take what you can from the hand and be grateful. Or find another table.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-31-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
^^ this...

I don't expect them to understand. I was just venting from a night of bad beats.
What kills me is after they run you down on bad call after bad call, they make comments like.. " I had the best hand, I won" after they spike the cooler on the river.
I actually had a guy run me down trying to draw to a royal and hit it against my A's full. The only card that could smash my hand was a Jh and he hit it. All I could say was " Wow!".. he actually got snotty with me and told me I should have folded my hand on the turn when he re-raised me because I only had A's full! He hit his Jh on the river.
Same guy complained when I shoved every time I knew I was ahead.. He complained that I was playing unfairly and called me names because he was on a "full house draw".... a full house draw...

A full house draw.
Old     (MightySAM)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-31-2010, 1:33 PM Reply   
Hey, I used to play a ton of poker (live games and online), but it got so time consuming I decided to quit for a year. So, I know my way around a table and I hearing people like you Barry just wine like a little baby makes me laugh. No matter what game you play (no limit/limit, high stakes/low stakes, live/online) there will always be someone better than you, even though you play "better cards". That is why its called gambling. You are expecting the unexpected!

Barry- Let me ask you this. How much have you deposited in your account and how much have you cashed out? Oh wait, you already mentioned that...
hahahahahhaha, WHAT A JOKE!
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-31-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
Trying for and catching miracle cards because you are an idiot does not make you a better player. I guarantee you will not be a long term winner either. The odds will always turn you over in the end. Do you really think it's clever to call a big preflop raise from somebody "under the gun" with, say 9 3, because it's suited? People that make hands like that are not necessary better players.
Old     (MightySAM)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-31-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
No, not 9-3, but 3-5 is a different story!!!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-31-2010, 2:27 PM Reply   
We are having so much fun on here talking about poker. We should get together and play an online game. And mighty Sam can call me with 3-5 suited all day as long he is not a euro! I play at fulltilt. My screen name is jorge5240. Lets get it on!
Old     (MightySAM)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-31-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
Sure, I play 3-5, why not. So, the only cards you play is AA,KK, QQ and AK??? Good to know!!!
Old     (MightySAM)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-31-2010, 2:39 PM Reply   
Hey Barry, I found a picture of you when you got rivered by a straight!

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-31-2010, 2:45 PM Reply   
I'll play! I don't play FT anymore, but I could certainly transfer some funds over.
You're going to come teach me how to play poker, right, Sam?
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-31-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
That's one of my better pictures, Sam.
Old     (MightySAM)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-31-2010, 2:52 PM Reply   
Sure, I can teach you. What do you want to know?
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-31-2010, 2:55 PM Reply   
I think there is a way to setup a private table if you get enough people that would be pretty cool or even better a tournament. I can just imagine the bitching that would go on it would be great. Dave Williams was talking about doing this a long time ago.

Barry I used to play on stars but went through one of those streaks and I just about lost it so I switched over to tilt.

I know there are a couple of other guys that were interested in the past of getting something together.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-01-2010, 1:07 AM Reply   
"No but 3 5 is a different story"

"Sure, I can teach you. What do you want to know"

If it's a straight or full house you're chasing with that monster? Or a flush. Or maybe,just maybe........... a straight flush.
Old     (MightySAM)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-01-2010, 9:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xistential View Post
"No but 3 5 is a different story"

"Sure, I can teach you. What do you want to know"

If it's a straight or full house you're chasing with that monster? Or a flush. Or maybe,just maybe........... a straight flush.
Thats assuming a lot! AK can be chasing 2-2 pre fop. The game doesnt really start until post-flop anyways! It just depends on the table and players you are up against. Knowing your opponets is the key to poker. If you are playing a "MONSTER" (AA or KK) and I have 3-5 suited, and flop comes J-J-9 or 6-7-8, depending on the chips stack, live game, etc... Then maybe with the right bets, I can get a "good" player like yourself of a big hand.

Theres a lot more to poker than starting off with monsters!!!

BTW, U R A DONKEE!!! HE HAH, HE HAH!!!
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-01-2010, 9:26 AM Reply   
I'm down for a WW private tourney. Although...I'll be the guy with the 3 5 if you let me into the pot cheap enough. Don't limp with AA or KK....just Don't! HA!
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-01-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
Sam, your Wakeworld profile says you're 30.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-01-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
Dan I dont think there is any problem playing 3-5 with the key word you said cheaply. Calling someones all in with a gut shot that is pretty core. I am going to go on fulltilt tonight and see how to set up a private table or tourney and we can get it going. I just want to see barry and sam go at it!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-01-2010, 10:33 AM Reply   
I was looking how close most you guys are. We could almost have a tournament up at tulloch. It would be great get Barry and Sam together and a bottle of jaeger. GOOD TIMES FOR SURE!
Old     (MightySAM)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-01-2010, 10:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
Sam, your Wakeworld profile says you're 30.
Yeah, why? You looking for a date? Sorry bro, I'm married.

And Mike, a call against an all-in with 3-5 isn't all that bad when you don't know the entire circumstances, What if he had four to a flush or it was only 2 more dollars into a $100 pot? Then would it still be stupid? I don't think so!!!!

Know the facts before you guys type your replies, PLEASE!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-01-2010, 10:52 AM Reply   
Dude I know all the percentages and pot odds andI don't want to type up every scenerio. I find this whole thing just funny. If I really want to talk about poker I go to the 2+2 forum. Everyone just needs to lighten up!
Old     (MightySAM)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-01-2010, 11:09 AM Reply   
Dude, seriously... you don't know a thing about poker!
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-01-2010, 11:45 AM Reply   
"BTW, U R A DONKEE!!! HE HAH, HE HAH!!!"

30?? Nah!!

Married?? Nah!!

3 5 yeah,that I believe. 9 2 10 5 8 3 . I can see all of those as well. In fact the more you post......................................
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-01-2010, 3:10 PM Reply   
I checked it out on fulltilt and you can do a private tournament. If we can get enough players I think it would be cool. Here is the link and I don't mind setting it up as long as we can get enough players.
http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/about-f...category=Types
Old    ScottRobinson            09-01-2010, 6:50 PM Reply   
I am in for FTP table.

Golfer16111 is my name....going to play the 20:00 tournament now. wish me luck!
Old     (MightySAM)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-02-2010, 8:34 AM Reply   
Name the time and the stakes!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-02-2010, 9:40 AM Reply   
I was thinking we need to get atleast 9 people. I was thinking like a 5 or 10 dollar buy in, not trying to go big just have some fun. I got some time to set it up because i am on vacation until the 14th of september. Just let me know when you if you guys want to do it. Later, Mike
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-02-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
I am out......lol
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-02-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
hey Mike,
Can we do a bit more than 5.00 or 10.00?
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-02-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
This thread inspired me to play online poker to thanks Barry. I actually don't mind playing the Europeans.

I slow play as well and am up to $210 in two days, started with $10.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-02-2010, 1:27 PM Reply   
Good job Aaron. What site you playing at and what stakes?
Barry I wouldn't mind playing for more but we need to get enough people to play first. The higher the buy in usually the tougher it is to get people to play.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-02-2010, 2:15 PM Reply   
Playing Hold em pot limit at PokerStars. Started at 25c/50c stakes and moved to 50c/$1.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-02-2010, 2:26 PM Reply   
Good job, Aaron.
It's nice to hear I was instrumental in making someone money rather than costing them money like my parents always complained about.

Now try the NLHE .50/1.00 with the Euro's and see if have the same outcome.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-02-2010, 6:03 PM Reply   
No no limit for me. I'm sure that's crazy as some of the calls I've seen in a few days blow my mind.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-03-2010, 12:18 AM Reply   
i might be in if its a late evening tourney. I set up at poker stars, but have never played for money. Would need to know how to get setup. I'm not a euro, but not exactly a polished player yet. It's kinda fun because my Dad has been playin forever and I just kinda started so now we do live tournaments together once in awhile...I'm still learnin, but I've outlasted him in all of the tourneys we've played in
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-03-2010, 9:49 AM Reply   
I definitely think if we're just doing a S-N-G it should be a bigger buy-in...I'm down for $50 or so...If we get a ton of players, I don't mind doing a lower buy-in. I usually don't play tourneys where my winnings if divided by the hours of play is less than my salary at work...LOL!
Old    ScottRobinson            09-03-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
Amen to Dan!!
I am in for $50 or whatever the buy....let me know
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-03-2010, 11:33 AM Reply   
U guys r ballers! LOL. I am down for what ever. Just most people I play with r scared of the big by in. Lets get a time and date together. Like I said I am free for like the next week and half. Just gotta wake board drink margaritas and play poker!
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2010, 1:41 PM Reply   
Dan, being the rockstar that you are, I'm not sure any of us combined could match your hourly wage.

I'll play whatever- just let me know.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-03-2010, 2:24 PM Reply   
HA! Yea right! I meant my real job...everyone knows musicians get paid in women and booze...not money! LOL :P
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-03-2010, 2:26 PM Reply   
Oh....and I will play poker for those too!
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
lol!
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-09-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
Ok I am done with PokerStars for awhile. Got up to 350 so I went to $10/$20 stakes. Just cashed out at $1210!

Thanks again Barry. I owe you free pulls if your ever in NC.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-09-2010, 8:15 PM Reply   
Aaron way to go. You should have kept 10 dollars in there and tried to do it.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-09-2010, 8:41 PM Reply   
Nice job.. what is the name you play under on 'Stars?
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-10-2010, 5:57 AM Reply   
My name on there is doublea2010.

Mike, I may play again in a month or two. I can see how online poker can become very addicting, especially when you make a decent profit.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-10-2010, 9:17 AM Reply   
Wow...$10/20 with a startiing bankroll of only $350? You should be buying in for a lot more at those blinds (although...I guess you can get by with a smaller buy-in in limit, but I never play limit....Personally I wouldn't play the $10/20 NL tables with less than $1,000-$1,500 or so...good job though.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-10-2010, 9:46 AM Reply   
Aaron,
I don't find that name on any stats trackers- Two dimes..Poker Pro Labs, etc..I checked them all. Is that the correct spelling?
Old     (csaidler)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-10-2010, 10:05 AM Reply   
I stopped playing poker regularly a couple years ago, but, when I did play alot Id play for free at the bar or low stakes online. and there where tons of horrible players ( Horrible just meaning they dont play with any real mathmatical sense) which in turn kinda changes the odds if your just playing by the math( in that you get way more bad calls, so you win less of the hands where ppl should ahve just folded and caught something late). What I figured was that I just had to play with almost more patients than I could stand and only go all in when I knew I had the Nuts or that the chance that some one was going to suck out on me was slim based on the quality of my hand. I'm not saying that top two pair is a bad hand, its a pretty awesome hand off the flop, but with the cards on the board and the influx of "horrible" Players I think I would have waited to push the guy til the end and if he had the discipline to trap you on the river after he sucked out then kudos to him but personally knowing how some of the new players are I wouldnt have pushed it all until the very end. Yup the new guys are definitley filling the game with tons of land mines.