Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    cheeseinaz            07-16-2004, 8:26 AM Reply   
I need new bindings and want the best in terms of support, durability and ease of entry/exit. I'm sure everyone has their own opinion on what they consider "The Best" and I've read what the reviews say, but I'd like to hear what the average, everyday rider thinks. Hyperlite? LF? Nice? CD? Etc..... Money is no object.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       07-16-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
I think LF has the best stuff right now. Check out the Transits for 349 or so or the Alphas for 200 bucks if you're not into the costs of the transits.
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-16-2004, 9:07 AM Reply   
O'Brien Ion
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-16-2004, 9:10 AM Reply   
i have CWB zeus and desire no other
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-16-2004, 9:18 AM Reply   
I'd have to say the Zeus as well. I've ridden tons of boots, they fit me and all my freinds the best.
From all the talk on here I would wait for the 05's. Sounds like they're pretty cool. Of course I just bought the 04's, now going to have to save up again.

same s#1t every year.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-16-2004, 11:01 AM Reply   
bindings vary, but consensis for the best non-gimmick (meaning almost no adjustment capabilities) the LF Ultra Sux's tend to the leader. Lightweight, simple, comfortable (after you break them in)

I have been using them for 5 years now, and don't plan on changing anytime soon.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-16-2004, 11:15 AM Reply   
ditto what KG said!!!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-16-2004, 11:31 AM Reply   
yup, ultras.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-16-2004, 11:33 AM Reply   
ZEUS ALSO, the best binding I've rode with.
Old    svlridermike            07-16-2004, 11:57 AM Reply   
Anything Hyperlite. I ride the temets, my son uses the eras. Very comfortable.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-16-2004, 12:03 PM Reply   
I have had a few HL, CWB), but LOVE my new LF Transits. Pillows for the feet, Great support, entry (and exit), lace system, etc. The angle adjustment is SWEET.
Old    absolutofft            07-16-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
What, no love for the parks?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-16-2004, 2:19 PM Reply   
No doubt, the Zeus are awesome. Soft and supportive. When they come off in the water, I can slip them right back on, no lube, no problem. TRY THAT with your ultra sucs.
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-17-2004, 1:24 AM Reply   
I got parks on my feet and have for 3 seasons now. I tried the Transits and didn't like how high off the board I was. They didn't give me a very good feel for the board under me feet and they hurt like crazy trying to break them in. But everyone is different and you should always ride what works best for you.
Old     (bradzass)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-17-2004, 1:55 AM Reply   
If money is no problem go transits, but alphas are the best value..
Old     (w4k3b04rd3r19)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-17-2004, 2:23 AM Reply   
CWB Zeus best binging in the world. If you get hyperlite binding chances are they will break alot of the 04 hyperlite line has been breaking I noticed.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-17-2004, 8:02 AM Reply   
i agree CWB zeus are the one of if not the best all around binding as of now..however Ryan all bindings eventually break some more then others .i own zeus for 18months now and ive changed the back overlays twice already and now i broke the newer plastic lace loop yesterday on one of my boots,tore right off at the stitching ..i saw this coming as the glue pulled apart first then they broke a few weeks later..

the LF bindings are tearing a lot as well..

anyway you cant go wrong with any of the high end bindings but if you can demo i would bindings fit everybodies foot differently ..
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-17-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
I second the Ions, but thats cause nothing else will fit my feet. I tried the LF Transits and Exos from this year, both really comfortable, but too short. My biggest complaint about the LF stuff is that neo-lycra liner. I tohught it made the bindings harder to get into when they were wet. I don't like HL stuff cause its so heavy. I only hear good things about the Zeus, maybe that will be my next purchase.
Old    txwkbrdr06            07-17-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
I have the Splits cause they are affordable for someone broke like me, but definitely the best I have ridden in would have to be the Bylerlys. :-)
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-17-2004, 9:26 AM Reply   
i was thinking of getting the CWB Zeus bindings.

what size do you recommend, i'm wearing a X-Large (11-13) in the hyperlite bindings. i dont know to get the Large or XLarge in CWB i wear a 11.5-12 shoe, the cwb's are L/10-12 or XL/11.5-13??
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-17-2004, 4:12 PM Reply   
id get the XLs Phil unless your going to ride a lot and can stand the pain of breaking them in ,,they will fit real tight for at least five rides for normal size but if You and your big feet get a large it will take more time to break them in..i have a 10 foot and wear large but i have had to bring them in once already and can use another notch now after 18monts..i could have went with a medium but didnt want a long break in period..if you ride in cloder water then also get the larger size as they will biotch to get off in the winter in a smaller size..

Old    catalyst            07-17-2004, 4:14 PM Reply   
deffinatly the sphinx. So comfy and the double lace system on the front lets you customize your fit so well. The go from straight jacket to loose shoes for all your jibbing. The are the most comfortable boot i have ever owned and a bonus is you dont need soap to get in em. Just dunk em and slide in.
Old     (drewsmug)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-17-2004, 6:28 PM Reply   
if money is no object go have some custom made ones done for you. then you could call them something cool.
Old    malibuboarder            07-17-2004, 8:17 PM Reply   
i have last years cd as01. i just bought them off of ebay and rode them for the first time today. very supportive and i like them alot. so if you're feeling adventurous and want to buy something that's a little out of the ordinary but still a really great boot, thats your best bet.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-18-2004, 10:49 AM Reply   
Transits are by far the best ive put my foot in but I still ride the Ultras '04..... super simple binding with great suport!
Old    cheeseinaz            07-18-2004, 7:35 PM Reply   
Well, I really apprecitate all the feedback. I'm going to try and demo a few styles to see what works best for me. From the thread, it's evident that the Zeus is a fav as well as the Transits. I'll try them first. Anybody know anything about Nice RG1's? A guy told me about them and said they were pretty sick too. Now I'm really confused. Whatever I decide, I'm sure they will be better than what I have now. Thanks everyone.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-18-2004, 7:36 PM Reply   
Ultras are awesome...but I think all the pro Liquid force bindings are pretty much awesome. Just my oppinion. But dont put down CD. Their bindings are very comfortable and supportive after a few weeks of wearing them. But if you want years of great design only improved to perfection, go with ultras.
Old    shopguy            07-18-2004, 8:39 PM Reply   
try the cwb boss...they fit great
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-19-2004, 5:47 AM Reply   
i love my parks, will try zeus next time around.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-19-2004, 6:10 AM Reply   
go with the Parks, Zeus or Boss!
Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-19-2004, 9:28 AM Reply   
I have tried CWB comp, Hyperlite Highback, Hyperlite Parks, and Hyperlite Byerly's
I like the Parks the best.

Comps - no support
Byerly - Dont trust the Boa system
High Back - Straps come loose from velcro
Parks - excellent, no complants

New pair of 04's on the way as we speak.