Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    krug            03-07-2003, 6:43 PM Reply   
I just found my simer pumps at a blains farm fleet for 52$. I also picked up 2 dpdt switches at radio crak, does any body know how to wire these things? I am building a ballast tank in my moomba.
Old    xwake            03-08-2003, 2:51 PM Reply   
Jameson,

Here is a diagram that Stan Tanner sent me last year when I was having trouble getting mine going.

Wiring Diagram

Hope this helps,

-Bo
Old    krug            03-08-2003, 6:37 PM Reply   
yep, that will work, thanks alot
Old    krug            03-08-2003, 6:39 PM Reply   
has any one out there ran two simers off their drain plug? I am worried about restricting flow.
Old    xwake            03-08-2003, 7:47 PM Reply   
Jameson,

I've been running two Simer pumps in parallel off a 3/4" Tee coming from the main Intake of the engine. Filling two 600lb rear sacs and one 350lb locker sac takes 15 minutes flat.

-Bo
Old    krug            03-08-2003, 8:17 PM Reply   
that seems very fast to me, bo, is the T 3/4 i.d. or o.d.? What do you meen by parrallel? I have built a hard tank out of plywood with a divider. I want to pump each side separately to level the boat while in tow. I have actually glued a level onto my dash! thanx for the help.
Old    xwake            03-08-2003, 9:05 PM Reply   
Jameson,

Follow the link below. It's an excellent article written by Trace Trimble. He frequents these forums. Take a look at schematic C that's the one I used. The only thing I changed when I installed my system is that I added another pump.

What I mean by parallel is that both pumps get water from the same source and both pumps pump water into the same manifold. The water manifold is responsible for diverting the water to each bag. One switch controls both pumps as if they were one. Take the time to read the article, if you haven't already. It was extremely helpful to me.

Here's the link:

http://www.wakeworld.com/Articles/2001/BallastSystem1.asp

-Bo
Old    xwake            03-08-2003, 9:09 PM Reply   

Whoops, I forgot to answer the rest of your question. The "T" I'm using is a 3/4" ID fitting.

-Bo
Old    krug            03-09-2003, 2:38 PM Reply   
thanx again bo, im going to work on it right now !
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2003, 6:49 AM Reply   
Jameson,

check out my post called ballast completed. It might help you with the installation of your system. I'm running two Simer pumps off of my intake, and it works well.