Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-14-2005, 5:31 AM Reply   
I am looking to get some ballasts made to maxamise my weight. Has anyone had some made? By who? any problems? cost? I have looked at few web site's but before I pick one I was hoping for some feed back.
Old    tigeaznick            01-14-2005, 7:59 AM Reply   
Gary,

I sent you a pm this morning. Let me know if I can answer any questions that you might have about our system.

Thanks,
Nick Howard
Rival Industries
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-14-2005, 8:28 AM Reply   
Nick,

Thanks for the site. I currently have a system that I plumbed with the launch pad v-twins in the rear (700lb). What I want to get is some larger Sac's to fit into the space and maxiumize my weight. Hope to get around 1000lb, and try to find some more room to fit another 300 in the front to mid section. That would give me a total of 1700 lb. I think that the bow is as large as I can get in there with a 400lb. sac. its a pretty tight fit. I think I will have to have my sac's made to fit into some other places not originaly ment for sac's.
Old    alanp            01-14-2005, 9:42 AM Reply   
i have a system but i dont use sacs i use tanks. check under pumpless ballast system to see the set-up.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-14-2005, 10:29 AM Reply   
Are you sure you can't get a bigger sac in the floor? I get a 700 pounder in the 210 floor, it probably fills to 600 pounds or so. In addition to that I have 500 pounds of lead I get under the bow seats, I don't like exposed weight.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-14-2005, 11:28 AM Reply   
Gary I would like to add more weight since I only have the stock wake series 2 ballast.. did yours come with the ballast or did you add the 2 rear and front from scratch? are you using your enitre rear compartments?
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       01-14-2005, 12:24 PM Reply   
www.boarders-paradise.com
www.gethighsports.net
www.letsgoride.com
www.fatsac.com

Here are a few of the manufacturers that make custom fat sacs. I did some research for one last year and I ended up going with the one's at boarders-paradise.com. They were by far the cheapest and I haven't had any problems so far. They said they came with a one-year warranty, so I gave them a shot and I haven't been dissapointed yet. Hope this helps.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-14-2005, 2:55 PM Reply   
Kenny,

I added the sac's from scratch, I opted to pass on the hard tanks to still have plenty of storage when I don't fill up.

Darren,

I want to look into the front sac, I think that I should be able to match the 210. I think that I will pass on the lead. I tow to much to put that kind of pressure on the trailer runners. I agree thou, don't want any visible weight. I have considered lead to be honest. But I have seen a guy stress crack the underside.

I have looked at most of the same sites, and it looks like B-P is the best price. Thanks Justin.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       01-14-2005, 3:41 PM Reply   
I plumbed my own system with a ballast puppy and thru hull pickup. Fills two 700 lb side sacs, a 550 lb locker sac and a 350 lb sac in the bow walk through, plus two water bed tubes under the front cusions.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-14-2005, 4:06 PM Reply   
I talked with a guy today and he said the wake plate works like the wedge so I need to go see one for myself, have you guys heard anything?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-14-2005, 6:54 PM Reply   
Not in my understanding. The wakeplate can only provide lift where the wedge creates downforce. Your friend must have been to a Tige' sales course. I move 300 pounds my lead to the back of the boat when I trailer it to reduce the tounge load, 210 hrs so far with no stress cracks, and we tow a lot. Sangers are built tough I think it will be sweet.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-15-2005, 2:19 PM Reply   
Darren;

where did you get your lead at? How much weight per bar?

Kenny the plate does not work like the wedge, Darren is on the money. You can change the wake though. If you trim it all the way up you can get teh back of the boat to sit deeper and as you trim it down you push the nose down. the deeper the boat sits in the water the biger the wake.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-15-2005, 5:15 PM Reply   
I got my lead from Dominion Lead merchants in Auckland. The freight my kill it to send it to you...... Its 55 pounds per bar.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-15-2005, 9:08 PM Reply   
Hey, I was just gonna drop this on you, but realized that was kind of twisted. So, the following FICTION will have to be saved for my new book, "The other reason I keep an Inspiron in the master bath."

>
>
I realized there were voids under the floor, which amounted to clearly unused, wasted space. So I lifted the carpet (that's another thread in itself), got a 6" hole saw, and cut holes under the floor in the bow area and outboard of the stringers. There was floatation foam in there, so I just poured some acetone in there to eat the foam. DON'T BREATH THAT STUFF!!!

Finally, I got eight bags of concrete at The Home Depot along with some sand. Mixed it up really wet, in a 1-8 ratio so that it would flow super good.

Last, I got the neighbors over for the grey bucket brigade. The bow took nine buckets, and each aft void took seven. I'd say each bucket was filled to about 3 gallons.

If my calculations are correct, that's a total of 1374 pounds. 23 buckets at 3 gallons is 69 gallons, for 9.22 cubic feet. At 149 pounds per cubic foot, I get 1374 pounds, evenly distributed.

Was able to finish the mud smooth in the hole areas, so once the carpet went back down, you can't even feel the difference.

The wake's real stiff empty, and with a couple Bumps in there....had to get a new 13 x 11 prop. Four liters, man, gimme a break.
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       01-16-2005, 2:36 AM Reply   
derek - Am I reading that right (it is 3am. so I might be a little delusional), but did you just say that you took out the flotation foam and replaced with concrete? Am I the only one who thinks this is unbelievably stupid? But hey if you feel comfortable with it, more power to you.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-16-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
So now you trailer around almost 1400lbs. of additional weight? The whole thing just sounds crazy!
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-16-2005, 10:14 AM Reply   
hit me on monday and i will email you some custom plans.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-16-2005, 6:40 PM Reply   
Now I have heard of alot of ideas for weight, I even know of someone who is gong to have lead instaled during construction at the factory. But I have to say theat the cement install takes the cake for off the wall. Its just my opinion, but that was not the best install method to take. I am currious to see how it works. Did you put the boat in the water yet? I would think that it will still float but the integrety of the hull is shot. Hey if it holds up for ya, gongrats. I don't think that you will find many looking to steal you idea though. You got Pic's?
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-16-2005, 8:54 PM Reply   
FICTION, guys. Had a couple glasses of wine last night, stumbled across this thread and then decided to tell a crazy campfire story. Make it believable, ya know? At the end, you say, "gotcha". After writing it, it seemed like a pretty whack kinda thing to do, but I didn't want to just flush it, either, so I tried to let you know what was coming.

FWIW, some of the Toyotas came with a wet floor (600-pounds, I believe), and others do it now too. That's the way to go, for sure - and yeah, getting into a boat while it's on the production line would be the way to go.

No hard feelings, but "gotcha"!!
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-16-2005, 10:34 PM Reply   
Dang, Derek.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-17-2005, 10:47 AM Reply   
Good one, April is still a few months away, you know this means its all about getting even..