Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       04-30-2010, 7:58 AM Reply   
As I was shooting that one morning with Sam, Harley and Nicola not that long ago and Nicola was driving the chase boat and we saw the boys falling she had the idea that I should make a crash section just of their falls from that day. I always wanted to but I've only done it a few times. so I felt like it's that time again. CRASH SECTION! featuring the pros you hardly see eat it. here they go. enjoy. with some chill tunes by Enya -
Only Time

from Norbi Vasko on Vimeo.

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-30-2010, 8:05 AM Reply   
After seeing Nicola go down on that crowmobe.... just wondered, Has she landed that? or do any of the women do crow mobes?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-30-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
Harley Falls!!!
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       04-30-2010, 8:14 AM Reply   
everyone does
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-30-2010, 8:35 AM Reply   
No good smackers in your crash video. I guess the best don't catch an edge very often.

Did anyone see Zanes crash at Wake games? I heard he got worked.
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       04-30-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
Yeah Jarrod but I never want to see my friends get hurt and sometimes when you get "smacked" you get hurt.
I made the crash section cause I had the falls and I felt like making a chill video with a nice tune and I just liked the shots cinematographically.
but yeah your right. you just learn to fall and these falls were mostly on tricks they can usually land maybe thats why they knew so well whats going on in the air and didnt crash that hard.
crash = crash either way, thanks for watching.
and I havent heard of Zanes crash what happened ?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-30-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
Not sure, he was reporting a concussion yesterday. Someone had to drive him home.
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       04-30-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
thats never good
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       04-30-2010, 9:12 AM Reply   
but jarrod I have some good news for u:]
Sam Thomson just posted a comment on my facebook saying he's going to be trying whirley dicks next time we shoot and that he should take some gnarly falls.
well see
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-30-2010, 9:15 AM Reply   
Well they are mortal after all. Good vid and nice to see smiles after the falls.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-30-2010, 9:19 AM Reply   
definatly want to see more vids like this from you!
gives us "amatuers" hope, that the pros arent perfect!

keep these vids coming!!
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       04-30-2010, 9:25 AM Reply   
yeah thats what its all about. just having fun out there! i love every second of it!
and they definitely are only human.
Ill do my best to satisfy the video needs
Old     (tylerc)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-30-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
What happened to Nicola's eye? I saw a picture of her all blown up like that what seems like 6 months ago? Still hasn't healed?
Old     (TelepromptedAnthems)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-30-2010, 10:38 AM Reply   
Such an awesome song.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-30-2010, 11:56 AM Reply   
loved it.
Old     (scbrips)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-30-2010, 1:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
After seeing Nicola go down on that crowmobe.... just wondered, Has she landed that? or do any of the women do crow mobes?
Back in the day, Christy Smith was busting Crow Mobes. She could also do heel mobes.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-30-2010, 3:13 PM Reply   
One of the Aussie Shredders Bec Gange has landed crow mobes. Chrisy Smith as just mentioned. Pretty sure Dallas has too.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-30-2010, 5:50 PM Reply   
Those falls look orchestrated ,or as a pro you make falls look harmless also. You should film my diggers . Like Josh Palma told me " They keep you honest"
Old     (manda)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-30-2010, 5:56 PM Reply   
love the video/s norbi! Just a question how do u choose songs for your vids? What program do u use to edit videos?
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       04-30-2010, 6:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by manda View Post
love the video/s norbi! Just a question how do u choose songs for your vids? What program do u use to edit videos?
I choose the songs according to mood, vibe, rider, location and overall look im going for.
I edit them with final cut studio
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       04-30-2010, 6:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerc View Post
What happened to Nicola's eye? I saw a picture of her all blown up like that what seems like 6 months ago? Still hasn't healed?
birthmark dude
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-02-2010, 1:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbiv View Post
birthmark dude
haha beat me to it