Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       03-25-2010, 3:07 PM Reply   
I just got the Pentax KX DSLR camera a couple of weeks ago and am considering ordering another lense for the boat. The camera came with an 18-55 lense. I was wondering what most of you guys use to shoot for wake shots. Like most, we ride between 75-80 feet.
I am considering between the 50-200 and the 55-300. I am wondering if getting into the extra zoom with the 300 might also bring on additional camera shake from the boat and possibly blurred shots.....

any help would be great. the two lenses I am considering are below. I am just getting into taking photos, so I am pretty new, but pumped to learn..... if you have other ideas, please feel free to post! I appreciate it!

http://www.jr.com/pentax/pe/PEN_DA50_hy_200MWR

http://www.jr.com/pentax/pe/PEN_DA55_hy_300MM
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-25-2010, 5:27 PM Reply   
For from the boat shots I know the 200mm lenses are what most on here get very nice results with.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-25-2010, 6:29 PM Reply   
From the tow boat or chase boat the 50-200 will give you all you need for reach. I find myself shooting at around 135mm from the boat most of the time.

Have fun & enjoy your new setup. Post up some shots when you get some.
Old     (fiveohfilms)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-26-2010, 8:08 AM Reply   
i shoot with the 7d now and i have the 18-200 is. its awesome, never have any problems with it at all, picture quality, shaking, everything about it is good man. def recommend