Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-14-2003, 9:09 PM Reply   
I heard an ugly little rumor you aren't allowed to use sacs or fill your tanks in the lagoon? Has anyone been caught for having filled tanks? If so whats the fine?
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-15-2003, 1:27 PM Reply   
You should ask Monkey, since he rides there all the time.
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-15-2003, 8:53 PM Reply   
We rode there today. The lagoon patrol pulled up on us as we were filling our sacs. We had 2 pumps overboard and we were sure he was going to bust us. There was no hiding what we were up to. As we prepared our excuses, he said, "I just want to make sure you guys are communicating with the other boats out here about driving along 'the wall' (glassy side)". After we told him we were, he drove off without saying a word about the sacs.

Frankly, I don't think they care as long as you're being safe. There may be regulations about it, but the main thing they're trying to enforce there is safety. There are too many little details for them to keep track of legally, but if someone get's hurt breaking the law, officer Felt is going to be hearing about it from his supervisors... Just keep your flag up, and play nice when he talks to you, and everything will be fine. In fact, one time we even offered him a pull. He said it sounded like fun, but he had work to do.

-Monkey

P.S. Randy, I've tried to email you to come ride with us a couple of times, and I keep getting bounces...
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-15-2003, 11:21 PM Reply   
I saw you guys out there today. We were in the black nautique... he drove right over to us after talking to you. I thought he'd bust us too since we had full tanks and a sac in the locker... but he basically said the same thing to me... just don't run head to head along the wall. That law seems kinda dumb though because if I can't fill the sacs or tanks i'll just bring some larger people to ride along for the same result.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-16-2003, 10:19 AM Reply   
Tim,
I have had some problems at work with the e-mail and have since changed my e-mail at home and for some reason every time that i try to change it in my profile it defaults to my old one so here it is: ripper0711@cox.net
Drop me a line if you need a third, I really would like to ride behind your boat again especially after seeing the post about buying some lead hope that everything is well with you
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-16-2003, 10:21 AM Reply   
Ya, I remember you guys. Nice boat.

If they ever start enforcing a no sac rule, we would just hide it better. They'll probably never have the resources to start boarding boats and checking for weight... Besides, 95% of the people who use the lagoon are wakeboarders. I rarely see waterskiers out there anymore, so they'd basically be pissing off the entire town if they did that.

-Monkey
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-16-2003, 10:51 AM Reply   
When you guys run the wall do you like to take turns or just parallel each other? This is our first season with a boat and we don't want to piss in anyones post toasties.