Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old     (mr007)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-12-2003, 4:12 PM Reply   
Looking for the best place to live near the Phoenix area that will be close to a lake or lakes? I have some friends that live in Anthem and are close to Lake Pleasent but since I will working in Chandler that seems pretty far. How about Canyon lake etc.. Thanks for any help.

-ken
Old    cornelius            06-12-2003, 6:53 PM Reply   
We just bought a house in Estrella Mountain Ranch last weekend. Lake Pleasant appears to be the closest lake... Probably about 30-40 minutes away. But I got a pimp house for about $215k in a resort community.
We'll be movin in around late November/early December. House still needs to be built.
Looks like there are about 5 lakes within about an hour drive though.
Now if I could just find a job out there...

http://www.estrellamtnranch.com
http://www.wakeboardarizona.com/lakes.html
Old    itsinthahole            06-12-2003, 7:57 PM Reply   
If you move to Chandler bro Saguaro is even closer. Canyon sucks PERIOD. Unless you maybe ride during the week in the wee hours of the morning. Canyon is beautiful landscape wise but is small and always super busy. You wont see butter after 6:00 am on a weekend. Too many boats and waves. Saguaro is bigger but still super busy. Gotta get there at first light to see butter for a few runs and then its over. Just kick it the rest of day unless you like tons of rollers. Apache is the nicest but getting there sucks. Few miles of two-way, one lane traffic on dirt road with cliffs. I havent taken the trip to Pleasant yet because I live in Tucson and having to commute to Phoenix to ride, Saguaro is my quickest trip. Any other info you want just ask.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-12-2003, 8:23 PM Reply   
If you move to Chandler there is a private lake that cost about $2000 a year. Firebird lake is 2
lakes with an island in the middle and is more than a mile all the way around. There is very few people out there and you always have good water. I have some pics of the lake on
our website. We run a wakeboard school out there year round and we usually have some
sliders on the lake also. Hit me up if you want some more info.
Later,
Brett
www.azwakesports.com
Old    mxracer            06-12-2003, 10:59 PM Reply   
you might look into gilbert. My sister lives in anthem and it take's her like 45 minutes to get to my house in chandler(warner and 101).
Old     (mr007)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-13-2003, 9:46 AM Reply   
Sweet.

Thanks to all that replied. I look forward to meeting most of you when we get out there. Looks like beginning of Sept. I ride year around here in nor. cal and hope to do the same AZ.
Laters