Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-20-2011, 10:40 PM Reply   
I'm going to University of Tampa so I'll be moving in this week and was wondering what the boat scene is like.

I'm definitely looking to ride everyday before school starts and during of course.

Plus I can always throw bills.

Thanks
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-21-2011, 8:50 AM Reply   
I'm going to Eckerd in St. Pete and I can tell you it's a little tougher to find a pull than you might think. I've heard UT has a wakeboarding club, so you might be better off than I am. If not, I have contacts on Lake Seminole, Lake Tarpon, and the Hillsborough river that I can set you up with for a pull or some excellent coaching. I can also recommend my local board shop. They'll take great care of you whenever you need equipment. And there's always McCormick's. Check your PM.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2011, 5:12 PM Reply   
Nick - I go right past UT when heading upriver to ride sometimes. Currently waiting on getting my boat back from the dealership but should have it in the next few weeks. Will let you know when I am going out again.
Old     (matt22gonnello)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-23-2011, 2:53 PM Reply   
I goto ut also, I ride on the weekend on my nautique , and I also go to the cable. There's no club at UT , message me wen u get down there and we can ride
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-23-2011, 3:03 PM Reply   
Welcome to Tampa...lots of UT hotties running around the hyde park area.

Im in Tampa, got rid of the boat, ride at cable as well but looking to pick up a nautique myself.

What water u ride on with ur nautique?
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-23-2011, 7:19 PM Reply   
PM sent Mike. But ya i'm down to get some people together and go to McCormicks or go out on the boat.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-25-2011, 8:23 AM Reply   
Any of u guys ride weekday mornings? Id b willing to rearrange my office hours so i can board in the am since it rains every afternoon. But its prob only convenient if you live on a lake.

Trying to get my fix before I splurge and buy another boat
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-25-2011, 7:15 PM Reply   
Tuesday morning would probably work the best for me because I don't have class until 1. Lemme know