Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ColoRadDude)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-25-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
I just got done with a set on the Humanoid Oracle 140 stiff and really liked it! I was a bit skeptical to ride it at first cause I'm not much of a flex guy, but figured I'd give it a shot and I was glad that I did. It had great pop and landed surprisingly soft. Has anyone else gotten a chance to check them out?
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-25-2010, 10:45 PM Reply   
Just out of curiosity but is the "stiff" model a flex board. The website says the opposite. Either way I'm glad it rides great. I'm seriously considering one for my next board
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-26-2010, 1:00 AM Reply   
^^^ ya what he said. if it has a pic of the lil skeleton dude and it says "it takes guts" on it then it is the "stiff" version. not all boards built with the sandwich-custruction are gona have pronounced flex features. Randall Harris' board for company is another example.

but as thin and dished out as the tails look on the humanoids i bet both the flex and stiff versions have some noticable flex in the tails
Old     (ColoRadDude)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-30-2010, 12:36 PM Reply   
The "stiff" board did have flex to it. Not a ton, but I could definitely feel it. I just started riding the Watson hybrid, which is also a great board, and I would say they are comparable as far as flex goes. It was a good amount of flex for a boat board.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-31-2010, 1:58 AM Reply   
Loren how would u rate the humanoid against the hybrid? The hybrid is currently my reference board, so tough to beat it for pure fun and all around effectiveness.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-01-2010, 8:23 AM Reply   
I was supposed to demo one this weekend, but wasn't able to meet up with the person who had it. Anyone ride the flex version? How stiff is the stiff compared to say a slingshot recoil?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-01-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779712
here is a review a guy did comparing his slingshot (response) and the humanoid flex
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-01-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
judging from the review above and comparing board specs i would say the humanoid rides a bit slower than the response due to the rocker more than the bottom features (double concave) the humanoid boards have more rocker... and are a bit wider too from the numbers
Old     (Koakes)      Join Date: Nov 2010       12-01-2010, 1:58 PM Reply   
Humanoid ROCKSSS. I have ridden both flex and stiff. amazingggg. The landings are super soft and spinning the board is cake because of how light the tip and tail are. You have to try them out if you haven't.

from adam holdsworth on Vimeo.

Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-04-2010, 9:35 PM Reply   
Love my Humanoid 140 stiffy. Under my feet, it is much more predictable than my Lyman or orig Watson. My only complaint is that it is slightly heavy.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-05-2010, 4:16 PM Reply   
that board is out of my price range for sure.
Old     (dillon538)      Join Date: Dec 2010       12-11-2010, 10:16 AM Reply   
heres 2 links to some footy of me riding the HUMANOID flex 140 behind the boat and a couple clips of it on corregated metal pipe.

1:22

on the 143 oracle flex
:40

HUMANOID boards are amazing! super tough and durable,they will take whatever beating you throw at them.as for behind the boat riding the pop is aweosme and landings are super soft! the boards really hold a great edge as well. riding rails on a HUMANOID is super fun and really allows you to lock on and press it out.

i suggest riding a baseless binding/6" plate to get the full flex and widest stance option. i currently ride Ronix bindings because of the baseless technology and how light they are.i am switching to the Slingshot R.A.D's very soon for the true baseless,light weight,and support of these truly RAD bindings. also if you plan on getting an ORACLE flex and ride behind a boat a lot, get some of the Pt. Nine fins. the Ahoy(short stubby rail park fins) fins that come standard with the FLEX series dont work well for wake riding in my opinion.

hope this helps everyone who is interested in HUMANOID wakeboards!

now go ride an have fun!

www.humanoidwake.com
www.lacesoutapparel.com

Last edited by dillon538; 12-11-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old    Bezain            01-04-2013, 4:00 AM Reply   
Hi Everyone

I just came back from riding my brand new Oracle 143.
As I know some are wondering about this board, and as I would have loved to have a tough review of it , I will try to do one.
I'm French, and my English is not perfect, so sorry in advance for this ops:

First, I hesitated a lot before buying it. There are not so many review about it, and unless you are on a trip to Orlando, it's quite hard to demo it.
I owned a few boards in the past: Watson 138, Watson 143, Shane 142, Response 142 and Harley 143 for the last one, and tried some other ones in the past ( Soven, Phoenix)
I'm 1,85m tall and weighs 76kg

Actually, I was fearing two things about this board: To be loose and heavy. When our brain sees something made of wood, he tends to think " heavy". And the shape looks simple in appearance, so having just 4 fins lead me to think I wouldn't have enough traction

I was just totally wrong. Here are the facts:

Weight:
I didn't weigh it precisely, I just had a luggage scale, but it showed the Oracle was a bit lighter than my LF Harley 143 ! I weigh it twice.. This board is really lightweight, no worries about that. I think humanoid should post Oracle's weight on their website, compared to well know models ( Watson etc ...), because I think I' m not the only one to worry about it's weight. I will weigh it precisely next time ( both stayed in Singapore), and edit this post.

Traction:
The second thing I was worrying about. As we don't see any channels or so, we may have tendency to think this board to bee loose. Actually, it's snappier than my Harley ! I chose the Harley over the Watson because , among other things, I found the Watson was a bit loose. Here I'm plenty satisfied. The board has a lot of traction, more than standard models as watson's and derivates. Nothing compared to a Response, that is way too loose to my mind, even with bigger fins on. It's just a skim board ....
What surprised me is that actually, not only the fins are involved in this traction. The flex does the job. I felt kinda " snowboard felling at high speed in pow", as the flex was working the board and had it remaining on edge. This is quite surprising at first. It's a lot of fun in the flats, and this increases the " playground", having fun edging and jibbin' in the flats, or one wake. This was a new feeling for me, and I really like it. It's really playful.

So the 2 things I was worrying about were wiped out.

POP:
Now let's enter the big part. The pop is just ... Awesome !!!!
I didn't tell a word to my friend in the boat about the board. From the very first jump he made me a big sign from the boat, leaving no doubt about how he was surprised by the pop.
Not only the pop is huge, but it is super reliable. I mean, sometimes, when riding with my Harley or Watson, when trying to push it harder, I get unbalanced at take off, having the tail or nose sometimes kicked away. Here, the pop is super stable, super reliable. So, in addition to have a better pop, I gained confidence pretty fast, I didn't fear about crashing, and attacked the wake way harder than I dared to do it before. Then my jumps were even bigger. It's a kind of " double effect ". Better Pop + improved confidence = even more pop :-D
You don't fear about how you will take off. You have plenty of control, and this gives you more awareness about other things to worry about for your trick. I really love it and I realize that I should have ridden this board for a longer time, for sure I would have improved way faster. Now I can pay more attention on my edging style and leg push, without expecting something weird at take off.
I can't say how higher I was with the same technique, but I was landing at first 3 ft further with same approach, and 5ft just after a few minutes, as you trust more and more it's pop.
I already rode a continuous rocker with the Slingshot Response, but honestly I didn't noticed it. Perhaps because the board is too loose, and you're not that much in control with it.

Landing:
As I'm starting to have lower back problems, I was wondering about riding a flex board. The landings are just Super Soft. I landed some stuff on the peak of the second wake, or in the flats, and the boards does really absorb energy, and it's speed ( see further) helps a lot also with that. I think the center spine does a great job too. My back says a big thanks...

Speed:
The thing I love.
I never liked boards that tend to sink a bit in the water as soon as you don't edge.
I tried some boards like the Ronix Phoenix and I hate that feeling of having to work continuously to prevent the board from sinking.
The speed of the Oracle is one of the best I've seen so far. You can edge, coast, and the board remains on water's surface. One result is the benefit on timings.
I always had difficulties in the past to find the right timing on toeside jumps, to not get the rope slack when turning in and then the board sinking. Here, as the board keeps plenty of speed, the timing is much more forgiving. Even if you turn late , the board doesn't sink that much in water, and as you edge in to the wake, you don't spoil time and energy to have it gain speed again. Your momentum remains good. The way concaves and continuous rocker are designed does a great job here. So here again, better timing and better pop resulted in better jumps.
This also helps a lot on landings, as you transform a bit of potential energy in kinetic energy, having the flex and speed working together in that way.

Construction:
It looks to be build to last for long. Sidewalks look really hard to wear.
The design is the 2012, as I prefer it to the 2013 one. ( And I saved some money also by the way). There are additional holes compared to standard boards, and this gives you 1 or 2 more options of stance. Screws are metric, what is perfect for European guys like me :-D

In conclusion.
This may look like an advert for Kyle, who is beyond the shape of this board, but honestly this is not, despite all the good things I think about the guy ;-)
This is REALLY , by FAR, the best board I've ever ridden. I don't tell this is the best board of the world, this would be as stupid as saying there is a " best car " or " best meal".
But if you are looking for the things I was looking after ( pop, speed, traction, balance, soft landings), I was never so happy with a board . Previous experiences made me stay away from flex for boat, but now I can say I totally changed my mind.
Edging and popping is just a piece of cake with this board.
When you ride it you realize that edge design, rocker, fins, shape, flex pattern... Nothing was left to chance, despite how simple the design may look. I'm really impressed by how they fine tuned all of this. The 3.2" continuous rocker ( in 143) is just magic.

My previous boards all go to ebay.
Now I really want to enjoy riding this board and have it done what I want it to do.

Benoit
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-04-2013, 11:15 PM Reply   
Oracle is really really friendly board and can beat many boards on market but a lot of people buy own boards according with friend's suggest, color, graphics, brand or pros name on it and they will ride on this even it's not proper for them and talk how they are excite. Also some part of them will seeing hidden advertisment in this post.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-06-2013, 12:48 PM Reply   
great review, in depth, and lengthy.
no problems reading the English either
Old     (wnrumbo)      Join Date: Nov 2013       11-09-2013, 8:49 AM Reply   
Just thought I'd give people a heads up as I just bought a 2012 humanoid oracle and am not at all impressed with durability. Yes it's an amazing board to ride but it doesn't hold up on cable and within a couple of days of me riding it at the park the base of the board has started to delaminate around the inserts - also what appear to be just surface scratches on the base are actually indentations into the base of the board. Furthermore the so called bomb proof edges are actually far from it and are very easily prone to damage.

The best humanoid could do is suggest I buy the new 2014 board which apparently has a better base - not cool for a company motto of "made with care, ridden without".

I have no doubt that it's a great boat board but if you intend on using it for park riding I would steer clear.

As much as I like to support the smaller guys my oracle definitely isn't on par with the quality of production and durability I see in all my friends Slingshot boards and was actually more expensive.
Attached Images