Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (g_miller)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-15-2007, 5:58 PM Reply   
I've finally decided on the bindings I want but don't know what year to buy. I have no way to demo them so I usually buy new year old product so I can see reviews and save money. I've read great things about the Transits but I've also heard that the 05's are better than the 06's. Is this true? Any input would be appreciated.
Old    malibu73            03-15-2007, 6:10 PM Reply   
the 06s look better in my opinion, not that you should base your decision on that though.
Old     (lrbs_xstar)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-15-2007, 6:29 PM Reply   
I have the 06's and i think that they are way better than the 05's
Old    alanp            03-15-2007, 7:23 PM Reply   
06's for sure. if you can afford the 07's they are even better than the 06's. alot better
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-15-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
I have to agree the have only gotten better over the years. I demoed the 05 and decided to stick with the ultras that year. I broke my foot in 05 and needed something to get in and out of easier for 06 so I got those. Mine broke at the end of the season and they sent me replacement 07's which are even nicer than the 06. The have a heal kidney which should help with heal hold down and they made the top overlay longer, which were my only two complaints on the 06's. I haven't had a chance to ride the 07 yet since the lakes are still frozen but they seem to fit really nice and I am sure they will be great on the water.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-15-2007, 8:20 PM Reply   
I had the 05's. I loved them. My brother ripped them out, and they sent us back a pair of 06's. They were even better. I wasn't a big fan of the grey at first, but now I like it. ... I would say the 06's. They are more comfortable.... sbt3 says the 07's are even a step up from that, but I can't confirm. .. I can only say the 06's are better than the 05's in my opinion.
Old     (g_miller)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-15-2007, 8:52 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the response! I think I'll try the 06's. Besides, I can get the 06 for less than the 05.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-15-2007, 9:04 PM Reply   
The 07s are much better, I had the 05s and just got the new ones.... the heel kidneys work great, theyre really comfortable and have great hold. If you can spend the extra cash, its worth it
Old     (greg_sa)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-16-2007, 12:08 AM Reply   
I have the '06 Transits - they have held up very well... but I experience alot of heel lift and the overlay only really holds tight over the front of my foot. It seems like these problems have been addressed for 2007, so I'd go with those if you can afford them
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-16-2007, 7:45 AM Reply   
The 06's I demoed, I got a lot of heel lift as well. They were extremely comfortable, and I did not come out of them on crashes. I ended up with 07 CWB Factions, no heel lift what-so-ever....

(Message edited by Byrd on March 16, 2007)