Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (boardnxtx)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-30-2013, 7:57 AM Reply   
Anyone mounted these on a tower yet? Waterproof rating is pretty good. Similar to Rigid's you see mounted on off-road vehicles, but haven't seen any on the water. Thoughts??

http://www.arsenal-led.com/light-bars-1/
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-30-2013, 8:13 AM Reply   
I was supprised to learn that Wetsounds has a sister company that makes these and they are bad ass
Old     (jrz1)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-30-2013, 8:20 AM Reply   
I've got some of the rigids on my Jeep and they are extremely well built and bright. Two of those little cubes would provide quite a bit of light if they're as bright as the rigids. they're pretty bullet proof.
Old     (boardnxtx)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-30-2013, 8:23 AM Reply   
Ok, I see that now. They have a set on a Response, but no on the water pic's at night. From what I've seen of them on trucks, they LIGHT IT UP! Hopefully this will spark someone on here to take the plunge.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-30-2013, 8:33 AM Reply   
http://rogue-4.com/

You can also see them on the Wet Soinds site.

Rogue 4 is our other company. The light bars are built for both off road (trucks,jeeps, atv,utv) as well as marine. Most marine use will be the single row Sigma series which we do in white for salt water boats and black for wake boats. We also have the tiny Bravo pods in black and white which are perfect for tower use as they are a 5 watt Cree led so super bright and super small.

We have a lot of dealers working on boat installs right now so you will see more pics soon. They are BRIGHT. It is pretty cool to be able to light up so much and so far. All while not pulling as much current since they are all LED.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Rogue 4
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-30-2013, 9:21 AM Reply   
Take a look at the vision x lights. i have had them on my boat for a couple years and they are awesome. thier small single led lights are 10 watts and put out tons of light with very little draw
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-30-2013, 9:37 AM Reply   
Vision X 32" LED light bars front and rear on a 2013 Supreme v226 - VERY impressive - turns the night into day!
Attached Images

Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-30-2013, 11:50 AM Reply   
Just speaking from experience, but lights do nothing for you on the open water at night. My previous boat was a 2002 vlx with a Titan tower, and had their light bars facing front and back. While the rear lights lit up the wake great, and we could ride, driving still sucked. The lights would tend to bounce off the surface of the water and hit the shoreline, more than illuminate the water so you could see. They where super bright, great for finding your camp along shore at night, or docking, but worthless while driving. I would not waste the money for tower lights again, but to each his own
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-30-2013, 1:16 PM Reply   
x2^^^^
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-30-2013, 2:57 PM Reply   
x3 Tower lights make it worse to see. especially considering most light up the bow so it's hard to see past that. That's why they are supposed to be "docking lights" and not "driving lights"
Old     (boardnxtx)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-30-2013, 3:20 PM Reply   
I agree, but it sure is nice when approaching docks and ramps at night. You can't see crap in the open water, but a nice set of lower power drawing LED's make cruising the coves very easy.
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-01-2013, 5:39 AM Reply   
I have been thinking about adding LED lights to our Orange Moomba, not sure about the rbg control to get the orange light. I have was at a truck show last month and have been thinking of orange trailer / marker lights. Has anyone used these before for the purpose? Areas to light, bow / cockpit footwell, recess for cup holders, storage areas.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-01-2013, 2:56 PM Reply   
If you want to see at night you need FLIR
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-01-2013, 4:04 PM Reply   
Depends on what you mean by "see". If you were driving around a bunch of obstacles at close range, then maybe, but if you are talking to see like when you drive a car, nothing helps. Because of the reflective properties of the water surface, we're just SOL. But hey, they look cool, and style points I guess is all that matters!
Old     (waketowerpro)      Join Date: Apr 2013       05-07-2013, 5:31 AM Reply   
We did two 6" facing rear and one 12" facing front on this install...They are awesome!

Chuck McGuire
Waketower Pro
Tower Sales, Installation and Boat Audio
Nationwide Mobile Installation
405.255.7668 • http://www.waketowerpro.com
Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-07-2013, 8:54 AM Reply   
I was planning on ordering some Rigid lights this week.. These are much cheaper. I think I need to change my plans.

I am thinking a 20" for the rear. For the front I hate where my bimini height meets up I think almost anything would be blocked by it since it sits slightly lower than tower I wish I could get it up even with tower.