Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-02-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
Any predictions-

I will go with Danny
The girls? Emily.
WS- Reid H
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       11-02-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
REED
Old     (dmac)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-02-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
yo doug, hows it going? supra still holding up? havnt seen you guys for awhile..suppose to come take a set soon!
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       11-02-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
going great, Ryan is with Reed on their way to the Keys tonight for the Pro-Am. The Supra is for sale..........Congrats on the Ronix pub... how was So-Cal? I found your water bottle and maybe the sandals....lol Come by sometime.
Old     (sueswink)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-03-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
Hey Doug! U still listening to that loud rap music or did you give that up in Texas? haha! Keep up posted on Ryan and the boys at Pan Ams!
Old     (sueswink)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-03-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
umm I mean Pro-Am :-)
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       11-03-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
I'm working on my first rap album so I can move to So-Cal.........lol I heard he won his heat but that is all I know.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-03-2006, 4:23 PM Reply   
Any other heat results for Jr. men's.
Old    chriscut            11-03-2006, 6:19 PM Reply   
where are the results after the first day? I couldn't find them anywhere online
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       11-03-2006, 7:03 PM Reply   
hi chris, I've been checking the king of wake site (kingofwake.com) and they haven't been posted there yet. That'd be the primary place they'd be up (or I'd imagine as much, considering that's where the nats and worlds results were as well).
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-04-2006, 6:21 AM Reply   
Randy- I talked to Glen Friday and he said the conditions were pretty rough. I know last year Friday and Saturday were nice bit the wind changed Sunday and it was horrible. Dallas was getting buffeted so bad she couldn't throw a trick on first pass. I don't think was that bad but I heard a couple of the pro men qualifiers weren't able to land a wake trick.

I haven't heard of any results outside of Austin's heat.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-04-2006, 6:47 AM Reply   
David, how did Austin do, I talked to Robby Carter last night & he said it was pretty windy & rough and he didn't ride well. Still looking for Jr. results if anyone has them.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-04-2006, 7:34 AM Reply   
Posted on King of Wake, very difficult to read if you don't know the participants.

http://www.kingofwake.com/article.jsp?ID=44566
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-04-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
They are posted now but very difficult to read. Here are the men's qualifying results- Top 2 go to skins round where there are 12 protected riders who did not have to qualify.

Heat 1
Jimmy Trask
Scotty Broome
Jeff House
Kevin Henshaw
Robby Carter
Jeff Weatherall

Heat 2
Corey Bradley
Aaron Rathey

Alex Brown
Nick Weinacker
Justin Savich
Jay Prock

Heat 3
Trevor Hanson
Austin Hair

Chris Law
Phil Combs
Glenn Fletcher
Randall Harris
Derick Grassman

Heat 4
JD Webb
Shawn Watson
Danny Tholander
Anthony Hollick
Jeff Mckee
Bryon Hutton

Heat 5
Chad Sharp
Kyle Rattray
Hanson Hunter
Jack Blodgett
Rob Jacques
Rob Corum

The Jr Men looks like a small turn out. Usually is because of school and travel. It looks like the usual suspects won the three heats- Jimmy, Adam and Ryan. I didn't recognize the other riders. Alex Hammerick and Alex Scagliotti and Rhett were not listed . Most of the other Jr men I think have moved up- Austin, Danny, Robby C, Brett Lee, Bryon Hutton, Bradey Price and Nick Jones.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-04-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
This should make them easier to read: http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=919
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-04-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
David, tell Austin congrats.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-04-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
Randy, did Alex not go? Good job Austin.
Doug have you heard from that boy of yours today?
I called him he did'nt answer..
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-04-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
Hey Gordie, no Alex didn't go, he misses two weeks of school for Worlds & INT Nationals and he is struggling to catch up. Besides it would have been hard to train since it's been in the 20's the last couple of weeks Were still down for the Feb. trip to Tony's, I will get the dates to you after I talk to Ben. We need to get some of that week on film. Let Larry know if he want's to come up snowboarding this winter he's always welcome.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-04-2006, 5:28 PM Reply   
20 degrees - holy shizzle!

Randy, email me when you guys have a date locked down for that trip.

After the fog lifted - 70 degrees air and 65 water.

Crew coming back in from afternoon session at the Delta.
Upload
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-04-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
Rich, that's just not right Looks like a great day. I will let you know when we set up the trip down south.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-04-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
Hey Randy, Larry is looking forward to going over
in Feb. We will bring someone over to film. Snowboarding is getting close if it's only been in the 20s lately. Rich so you guy's must still be trunking it.... well maybe not.. Today in AZ it was 90 water temp 76..
Did anyone get updates on todays result's.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-04-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
Doug, are you out there? Give us some info. David how about Austin?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-04-2006, 6:51 PM Reply   
Here are Saturday's results: http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=920
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       11-04-2006, 10:25 PM Reply   
last time I talked to Ryan him and kyle Alberts were fishing?????????????/ by the hotel....All I know is it is 40 degrees and 40 mph wind here in Ok and his A$$ is in the keys.....f anybody has any information please let me know....Randy.. I have never been sno boarding or skiing can I come with Larry since I claimed him on my taxes? Gordy the check is in the mail ....David Williams thank you for the results.....
Old     (sueswink)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-05-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
MC Dougy Fresh - any final results? Let me know when your CD release party is and we'll be there foh shizzle!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-05-2006, 12:00 PM Reply   
Huge props to Bethany Henderson for winning womens pro wakeskate in her first contest ever. YAY Bethy!!

I just got word that

1. Ryan Anderson
2. Julian Cohen
3. Adam Errington
4. Jimmy Lariche

Horrible conditions water wise but everybody is having a great time!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-05-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
Hell yeah, why to go Bethany Congrats to Julian, he's been knocking on the door all year. Robyn, Eddie didn't go?
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-05-2006, 3:47 PM Reply   
Not to this one. I wanted to, but kind of over traveling at this point My husband, my other kids are over it,My job is over it, my wallet is way over it and the boys' school principals think I am the worst mom in the world! Maybe next year, did Alex go?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-05-2006, 5:20 PM Reply   
Hey Robyn, no he didn't go, missed a week of school for Worlds & another for INT nationals, so he's taped out on missing school until Atlanta.
Old     (jarabacoa)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-05-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
Robyn,
You are too funny. Looking forward to hanging out again...on the same floor that is...
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-05-2006, 5:46 PM Reply   
oh, what, you don't want to be on the floor beneath wrestlemania again?? Love the profile pic.

Randy, any tentative dates on Atlanta? I am so NOT ready to start the season again
I remember one time I was asked how we could afford this sport being that we have two kids and SO not doctors or lawyers. My response? "We rob Peter to pay Paul and Peters PISSED" (and the reporter quoted me verbatim) Well, Peter is not happy AGAIN with us.
Next stop is Orlando in late Feb, till then, I work for Peter! LOL! hugs, robyn
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-05-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
what is in Orlando in late Feb?
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-05-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
just visiting, we start to get withdrawl symptoms if we don't check in with otown.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-06-2006, 1:04 AM Reply   
Final results: http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=921
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-06-2006, 5:50 AM Reply   
Robyn, I expect to see you when you are down here in Feb.! I need to call you, we need to catch up!
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-06-2006, 5:51 AM Reply   
Was there really only 6 woman who showed up for the Pro Women's division?
Old     (jdj)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-06-2006, 4:13 PM Reply   
Does anyone know why so many Jr. Men were DQ'ed on day one?

John
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-06-2006, 8:27 PM Reply   
Hey John, I think Ryan told Larry they were no shows, I know Dustin Shows was not their.
Old     (ecoff12)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-07-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
I didnt see danny harf in any of the results or qualifiing standings, did he ride?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-07-2006, 7:52 AM Reply   
I think Harf has a bad shoulder or something..
Old     (dmac)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-12-2006, 8:04 PM Reply   
doug- talked to ryan the other day, stoked to hear he got first, i tired to make it down to the keys but it didnt work out. seems it was kind of dicey anyway! thanks for the cong. calif. was cool, and so was the water then, whole new world on salt but it was fun, had to do something for the OK.! ill come by sometime soon
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-13-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
hi dylan, I heard that there were some people that had traveled a long way to beautiful Carlsbad lagoon. How did it go?
Old     (dmac)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-13-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
haha, hey Valdez Mom! Carlsbad was cool for sure, a great experience. It was a quick trip for me, I flew in Saturday morning (after a few delays and missed flight) it became early afternoon. There was a steelers/chargers game(I was siding with chargers after the playoff game last year with the broncos) so the rental car line was crazy! finally got that taken care of and made it out to some sketchy lagoon water. I think there were 3 boats of Ronix Goers when we arrived. I took a quick set with Parks and did my best with the stock 220 wake and chop and came out pretty happy. suprisingly later on the photog.[in our boat] come up to me later in the day and ask to use my pictures, I was stoked and said of course. we just hung around the rest of the day playing ping pong and checking out the new gear, then came back for an hour or two the next morning to say adios and caught a flight out. I had alot of fun for sure, and got to meet Claudia Briones. it was a good weekend..thanks for asking!