Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    live2wakeboard            07-25-2004, 7:34 PM Reply   
Wats up i currently bought a wakesetter and i was wondering if u all had any positive and negitive things u could tell me This is the first inboard boat my family has owned but i have been wakeboarding for about 6 months so if u could tell me anything to look for that would be great thanks peace out TY
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       07-25-2004, 8:01 PM Reply   
Get the service on the engine done when the manufacturer recommends it, dont drop the wedge until you have at least 20 hours on the boat (after the 20 hour service), get anything that does not work right fixed at the twenty hour service. The VLX is a great boat, four adults, full MLS and wedge: no sacks necessary. Lastly...USE IT and have fun!
Old    live2wakeboard            07-25-2004, 8:34 PM Reply   
sweet thanks howie anybody else out there and why shouldn't i drop the wedge before i have 20 hours on it
Old    hyp3rl1t3            07-25-2004, 8:47 PM Reply   
We just got the vlx this summer too. It has been awesome. The wedge puts a lot of stress on the engine so its not good to do it while you break it in. Have fun on it. Peace.
Old    live2wakeboard            07-25-2004, 9:00 PM Reply   
okay sweet
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-26-2004, 7:40 AM Reply   
We also have a 04 VLX, and it performs perfectly. just turned 100 hours on it, and Zero problems.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-26-2004, 7:44 AM Reply   
The break in schedule is inconsistant from dealer to dealer. Some do the 10hr service while others go for 20hr service before sking/boarding behind it. Follow the Indmar manual, download on if you need it, and that's the best advice since Indmar will determine if it is a warrenty or not. You can also checkout Malibuboatowners.com when we're backup, the site has been attacked and we're working w/ our ISP to resolve it.
Old    svlridermike            07-26-2004, 7:49 AM Reply   
I own a Malibu VLX and love it. The wake is very easy to adjust and everyone loves it. We put about 3000 lbs in our boat and my kids & friends love it. We don't use the wedge on our boat.
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-26-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
I love mine. So only positive to say...oh, and, great choice, you won't be disappointed. Learn to drive it with no ballast and no wedge first. They handle differently when loaded. Also learn to use the props counter-rotation to your advantage. Check your wedge screws before each use. They had issues with screws falling out and the wedge getting tweaked. The dealer used locktite on mine (2 yrs ago) and it has been perfect since. All I can think of right now
Old    cdubs            07-26-2004, 12:12 PM Reply   
You got the best
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-26-2004, 1:20 PM Reply   
my partner has an 01 vlx-its got to be the smoothest most comfortable boat ive ever driven!!!also takes dog water better than my i/o.
Old    live2wakeboard            07-26-2004, 7:55 PM Reply   
sweet like we were also looking at an 03 and we decide to go with the 04 but do u guys know if that was a good choose because i mean we did have to spend more for our 04 and the 03 was a good deal and it had less than 100 hours.
Old    bcat            07-26-2004, 8:45 PM Reply   
WE HAVE AN 04 VLX AND LOVE THE WAKE IT THROWS. WE CARRY ABOUT 550LBS IN LEAD, PLUS THE STOCK BALLASTS AND WEDGE. WHEN YOU ADD ABOUT 6-8 PEOPLE IT IS ONE OF THE BEST WAKES I'VE RODE. THE 04 VLX'S SEEM TO HANDLE A LITTLE BETTER THAN THE 03 BECAUSE OF THE BIGGER FINS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE BOAT. ANTWAY, ENJOY YOUR MALIBU
Old    live2wakeboard            07-26-2004, 9:29 PM Reply   
thanks}
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-26-2004, 10:02 PM Reply   
Michele is right. I have an 03 VLX and it has trouble cornering under load. The new fins made a big differance.

For my setup, I use 780 lbs. of lead, the stock ballast, and either 6 people or fat sacks. Without the wedge and is big & mellow, with the wedge it's just a killa'.