Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-06-2016, 3:26 PM Reply   
Anyone have any input on the new MBs with GSA? Any video out there?

Looking at a B52 with GSA
Old     (bigd1031)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-07-2016, 7:15 AM Reply   
Might have a little more luck on the MB forums....

I have an MB without GSA so can't comment on that particular upgrade/system. But I can tell you my boat (2011 B52 WB) surfs awesome with a few additional sacks.
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-07-2016, 7:37 AM Reply   
Derek,

Not a whole lot on the MB site. Maybe one or two guys with some early experience and low quality vids.
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-07-2016, 7:37 AM Reply   
I know the B52, when properly equipped, will throw a mackin surf wave. However, just wondering if the GSA is comparable. Maybe too early to tell?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-07-2016, 11:09 AM Reply   
I demoed a 2016 B52 with GSA last October. The stock surf wake with 4 adults and maximum factory ballast was only average IMO and that surprised me. I left the demo wishing I would have brought some fat sacks with me. Everything I've read says you need additional 1100's in the rear lockers to make it good. I never got that far and just gave up because I couldn't get over their tower. I will say that the Raptor 400 had plenty of power near sea level though.
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-07-2016, 11:10 AM Reply   
Mark,

By maximum factory ballast do you mean hard tanks and 800 lb plug and play in the rear? or just hard tank?

If it was just okay with that much weight (5,000 lbs I think), that is suprising
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-08-2016, 7:15 AM Reply   
It had an additional plug and play. Definitely not the 1100's though. I think the PnP bags were 400's on each side so that would be 3800 lbs total. Their website says they now offer 1100's.
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-08-2016, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
It had an additional plug and play. Definitely not the 1100's though. I think the PnP bags were 400's on each side so that would be 3800 lbs total. Their website says they now offer 1100's.

You sure it had GSA?

MB has had 3 surf systems in the past 1.5 years
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-08-2016, 8:37 AM Reply   
^^^ Possitive. I know the difference. There's no mistaking GSA. I looked at 2015's too. The boat just needs more weight than the 400's. Bear in mind I'm only judging what I saw with the 400's and 4 adults. I'm sure it gets better with more weight.
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-08-2016, 8:51 AM Reply   
I'm going to be demoing a new MB with GSA soon.

I will post a full review with video.

With that much weight potential and GSA I have to imagine that people just haven't dialed it in yet.

And if all else fails, list that sucker with a known recipe!!!
Old     (adam4x4)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-08-2016, 9:35 AM Reply   
I Have demoed both a boat with the 800's and 1100's. The difference was huge. The boat needs the 1100's. Also the boat that I demoed this weekend had the new tranny gear box of 1.76 to 1 and a 2775 15" prop. The boat was a rocket and did not have any problem surfing the 1100's. For me the wave was great very firm and a good pocket on the goofy side. It still needed a little tweaking, but over all was great. It was good enough for me to order my new MB
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-08-2016, 9:40 AM Reply   
Adam, great info there. Does MB offer the 1100s from the factory or do you need to special order those?

Also, can you comment on the GSA setup exactly that you used?
Old     (adam4x4)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-08-2016, 9:51 AM Reply   
Yes the boat came with the 1100's in it from the factory. Also was told that all the 23's are going to come with them now. I did not get a chance to get the degrees that GSA came from the factory. Over on the MB Owners forum there is talk about this. When I get my boat at the end of march or first of April I will be getting into that a lot more. When we where out the GSA was at 100% down and the center tab was at 70%. There has been talk about taking the trim tab down to 80-90%.
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-08-2016, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam4x4 View Post
Yes the boat came with the 1100's in it from the factory. Also was told that all the 23's are going to come with them now. I did not get a chance to get the degrees that GSA came from the factory. Over on the MB Owners forum there is talk about this. When I get my boat at the end of march or first of April I will be getting into that a lot more. When we where out the GSA was at 100% down and the center tab was at 70%. There has been talk about taking the trim tab down to 80-90%.

I was looking on the MB forum and didn't find much.

Do you have a link to the thread? maybe it is the one I am thinking of and I just didn't pay enough attention.

Overall, I am super stoked to check out this new MB. With that much ballast, how could it not throw a nice wave? Just needs a little tweaking IMO
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-08-2016, 11:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocPhil View Post
I'm going to be demoing a new MB with GSA soon.

I will post a full review with video.

With that much weight potential and GSA I have to imagine that people just haven't dialed it in yet.

And if all else fails, list that sucker with a known recipe!!!
Yep. I would agree that people just haven't dialed it in yet. Listing isn't an option for me since I'd like my wife to start driving and that ain't happening if the boat is listed. Heck, I would have just kept the old boat if listing was an option. We had that wave dialed.
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-08-2016, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Yep. I would agree that people just haven't dialed it in yet. Listing isn't an option for me since I'd like my wife to start driving and that ain't happening if the boat is listed. Heck, I would have just kept the old boat if listing was an option. We had that wave dialed.
Your wife won't even drive an MB listed with all that freeboard?

That has to be one of the easiest boats to drive listed IMO
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-09-2016, 12:18 AM Reply   
Three things:
1. You're preaching to the choir
2. Female logic is an oxymoron
3. She got plenty of opportunity to watch all my friends tell me "they knew how to drive" right before they dunked the nose and soaked the whole boat.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-09-2016, 7:26 AM Reply   
JK about #2.
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-13-2016, 5:11 PM Reply   
So I went to check out the new MBs at the Detroit boat show today. They are awesome. I especially liked this one I added some pics of.

I am thinking about a new B52. Any advice on options? Anything to stay away from in terms of the interior, colors or options? Thanks!
Attached Images
     
Old     (Mxguy741)      Join Date: Nov 2013       02-14-2016, 12:55 PM Reply   
I'm also very interested in this boat or a f24. Does anyone know how far the ballast tanks go toward the bow? Also what kind of space is available under the bow for ballast.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-14-2016, 1:51 PM Reply   
^^^ I did a factory tour and watched some 2015 models being built. Their ballast runs from the back to the front on each side. It's pretty evenly distributed. If you can't find any pics online of one being built, I'd call the factory and have them email some to you so you can see.
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-15-2016, 6:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxguy741 View Post
I'm also very interested in this boat or a f24. Does anyone know how far the ballast tanks go toward the bow? Also what kind of space is available under the bow for ballast.
What I'm hearing is that you don't need much bow weight. The tanks run up close to the bow, and the cav plate and GSA secondary tabs push the bow down.

Actually to clean up the wave you need to drop a little from the hard tanks.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-16-2016, 6:52 PM Reply   
Don't you have an X30 with GEN2?

That is pretty much the cream of the crop. MB seems to make a nice boat but that's like going from a Mercedes S500 to a Ford Focus.

I could see where the deep V hull may help a little but I would imagine a properly weighted X30 would out surf this boat easily.

What's the deal for a switch?
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-16-2016, 7:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
Don't you have an X30 with GEN2?

That is pretty much the cream of the crop. MB seems to make a nice boat but that's like going from a Mercedes S500 to a Ford Focus.

I could see where the deep V hull may help a little but I would imagine a properly weighted X30 would out surf this boat easily.

What's the deal for a switch?
MB is a Ford Focus? I will disagree with that. MB makes a fantastic boat. High quality, most factory ballast of anyone and now has a legit surf system.

I'm not sure why you think the X-30 would out surf the MB with GSA "easily". GSA is basically like Gen2 on steroids plus it has 5200 lbs of ballast from the factory.

Don't get me wrong. The X-30 is a fantastic boat. But so is the B52

Last edited by DocPhil; 02-16-2016 at 7:22 PM.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-17-2016, 8:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocPhil View Post
MB is a Ford Focus? I will disagree with that. MB makes a fantastic boat. High quality, most factory ballast of anyone and now has a legit surf system.

I'm not sure why you think the X-30 would out surf the MB with GSA "easily". GSA is basically like Gen2 on steroids plus it has 5200 lbs of ballast from the factory.

Don't get me wrong. The X-30 is a fantastic boat. But so is the B52
I guess I should rephrase and say that I don't think that MB is a bad boat. For a budget Boat they are the best out there.

I don't not think they are on par with CC/MC.
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-17-2016, 8:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
I guess I should rephrase and say that I don't think that MB is a bad boat. For a budget Boat they are the best out there.

I don't not think they are on par with CC/MC.
That's fair.

I am curious why you think the MC would outsurf the MB so distinctly
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-17-2016, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocPhil View Post
That's fair.

I am curious why you think the MC would outsurf the MB so distinctly
I haven't surfed a new MB with the GSA . But I have surfed an X23 and X30 and will say they are some of the best out there. Yes a G can be good or better but you have to add weight.

I guess I'm used to the Wave behind my Stock X23. I have added zero weight and its been awesome. The X30 with 1100 rears is pretty close to the 23.

Maybe the MB creates a great surf wave with the deep V and GSA. It will definitely handle the rough water better than the X30. But the X30 will drive/handle better and the fit/finish is the best out there. Not to mention your going from the 7.4L Ilmor to the Raptor engine.

I'm not a huge fan of the Raptor engines, but maybe that is just me.

I think the biggest thing that throws people off is the fact your going from a X30 to a MB. The resale on a MC will be better and will open you up to a wider market. I can tell you where I am there are Zero MBs and I doubt they will ever make their way here. MC is a well known brand and while MB is getting out there, many people just don't know about them.
Old     (WakeWise)      Join Date: Jun 2014       02-17-2016, 11:40 AM Reply   
I think Doc got a taste of the Barn Poison :-) :-)
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       02-17-2016, 4:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
I haven't surfed a new MB with the GSA . But I have surfed an X23 and X30 and will say they are some of the best out there. Yes a G can be good or better but you have to add weight.

I guess I'm used to the Wave behind my Stock X23. I have added zero weight and its been awesome. The X30 with 1100 rears is pretty close to the 23.

Maybe the MB creates a great surf wave with the deep V and GSA. It will definitely handle the rough water better than the X30. But the X30 will drive/handle better and the fit/finish is the best out there. Not to mention your going from the 7.4L Ilmor to the Raptor engine.

I'm not a huge fan of the Raptor engines, but maybe that is just me.

I think the biggest thing that throws people off is the fact your going from a X30 to a MB. The resale on a MC will be better and will open you up to a wider market. I can tell you where I am there are Zero MBs and I doubt they will ever make their way here. MC is a well known brand and while MB is getting out there, many people just don't know about them.
Lol I would love to know what it is that you don't like about the Raptor Engine
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-17-2016, 8:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
Lol I would love to know what it is that you don't like about the Raptor Engine

I'm not a fan of the ford 6.2L and it has always played catch up to the GM 6.2L IMO. My X23 fuel efficiency isnt terrible for a 6k boat and 3k in ballast. I also believe that GM marine engine are some of the best on the market and with Ilmor making the engines its hard to dispute the performance and reliability. I am on my second boat with the 6.2L and they are flawless. People claim they are more fuel efficient and run better but I truly find that hard to believe. My 6.2L truck with a lift and 35in tires is more fuel efficient than my 2012 5.3L.

Every vehicle that I own has the GM 6.2L and they are the best engines in the line up.

Indmar made the switch because ford is going away from the larger displacement engines and going to supercharging a smaller engine. Ford made a ton of these engines and has nothing to do with them so Indmar Thor a great deal on the engines and it gave them a larger profit margin which sounds like a great business plan. I can't blame them.

GM is never getting rid of the 6.2L as it is one of the best engines you can get on the market today. Engines are all personal preference and I just prefer a GM engine in my boats as many people are familiar with them.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-17-2016, 10:21 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^ I stopped reading all your Mumbo Jumbo after you compared an MB B52 to a Ford Focus. I'm a nautique owner, but I wouldn't hesitate on a newer MB. Great boats. Great looking B52 btw!
Old     (Mxguy741)      Join Date: Nov 2013       02-17-2016, 10:45 PM Reply   
^^^^ after reading you last post on why you don't like the ford engine it is very clear you have no idea what your talking about.

Carrying on, I'm also interested in a new boat and looking at f24 or a b52. Any one have any feedback with the GSA in the newer mb's?
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-18-2016, 5:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxguy741 View Post
^^^^ after reading you last post on why you don't like the ford engine it is very clear you have no idea what your talking about.
Please enlighten me as to why the ford engine is superior to the Ilmor/GM based engines......
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-18-2016, 5:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
I'm not a fan of the ford 6.2L and it has always played catch up to the GM 6.2L IMO. My X23 fuel efficiency isnt terrible for a 6k boat and 3k in ballast. I also believe that GM marine engine are some of the best on the market and with Ilmor making the engines its hard to dispute the performance and reliability. I am on my second boat with the 6.2L and they are flawless. People claim they are more fuel efficient and run better but I truly find that hard to believe. My 6.2L truck with a lift and 35in tires is more fuel efficient than my 2012 5.3L.

Every vehicle that I own has the GM 6.2L and they are the best engines in the line up.

Indmar made the switch because ford is going away from the larger displacement engines and going to supercharging a smaller engine. Ford made a ton of these engines and has nothing to do with them so Indmar Thor a great deal on the engines and it gave them a larger profit margin which sounds like a great business plan. I can't blame them.

GM is never getting rid of the 6.2L as it is one of the best engines you can get on the market today. Engines are all personal preference and I just prefer a GM engine in my boats as many people are familiar with them.
Lots of "bests", "always", and "nevers" in your posts

Only a sith deals in absolutes

Are you a sith Dave?
Old     (jumpman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-18-2016, 7:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
I haven't surfed a new MB with the GSA . But I have surfed an X23 and X30 and will say they are some of the best out there. Yes a G can be good or better but you have to add weight.

I guess I'm used to the Wave behind my Stock X23. I have added zero weight and its been awesome. The X30 with 1100 rears is pretty close to the 23.

Maybe the MB creates a great surf wave with the deep V and GSA. It will definitely handle the rough water better than the X30. But the X30 will drive/handle better and the fit/finish is the best out there. Not to mention your going from the 7.4L Ilmor to the Raptor engine.

I'm not a huge fan of the Raptor engines, but maybe that is just me.

I think the biggest thing that throws people off is the fact your going from a X30 to a MB. The resale on a MC will be better and will open you up to a wider market. I can tell you where I am there are Zero MBs and I doubt they will ever make their way here. MC is a well known brand and while MB is getting out there, many people just don't know about them.
Fit/finish is the best? Mastercraft has great fit and finish, but to simply say it is the best? You may want to have another look at both boats, side by side. Look in places that most people don't. I think you might be surprised at some of the differences you see. You say you have not surfed the V23, I'm assuming you also have not driven the V23. I have driven both (back to back) and will say, you sir... are not correct. I think your quote at the end says it all. You are also one that just doesn’t know about MB.
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-18-2016, 8:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
I'm not a fan of the ford 6.2L and it has always played catch up to the GM 6.2L IMO. My X23 fuel efficiency isnt terrible for a 6k boat and 3k in ballast. I also believe that GM marine engine are some of the best on the market and with Ilmor making the engines its hard to dispute the performance and reliability. I am on my second boat with the 6.2L and they are flawless. People claim they are more fuel efficient and run better but I truly find that hard to believe. My 6.2L truck with a lift and 35in tires is more fuel efficient than my 2012 5.3L.

Every vehicle that I own has the GM 6.2L and they are the best engines in the line up.

Indmar made the switch because ford is going away from the larger displacement engines and going to supercharging a smaller engine. Ford made a ton of these engines and has nothing to do with them so Indmar Thor a great deal on the engines and it gave them a larger profit margin which sounds like a great business plan. I can't blame them.

GM is never getting rid of the 6.2L as it is one of the best engines you can get on the market today. Engines are all personal preference and I just prefer a GM engine in my boats as many people are familiar with them.
I have said it before and I will say it again. The stock wave on the X23 is....meh. It simply isn't enough weight. What is stock ballast? 2800 lbs? And somehow mastercraft is able magically create a killer stock wave with less weight than everyone else? I think nay my friend. Is it a good wave? Sure. It's fine. But my X-30 wave didn't get good until I approached 4K ballast.

That is why the stock G23 wave (2015 and prior) blows. It is just not enough weight for a big boat with a ton of freeboard. The MB comes with 5200 lbs of ballast stock from the factory. And the GSA tabs are like Gen 2 on roids. So with nearly double ballast and bigger tabs please tell me how the MB is not likely to outsurf the X23? It is simple physics dude. Not some magical mastercraft recipe where they sprinkle the boats with unicorn farts before they leave the factory.

MC fit and finish is awesome. No doubt about it. MB is also super nice but doesn't have all the trinkets, bells and whistles that MC does. No touch screen, ZFT4 tower, etc. However, they make a bad ass boat that I believe will perform very well. Full review to come when the damn ice thaws up here.
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-18-2016, 8:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
Please enlighten me as to why the ford engine is superior to the Ilmor/GM based engines......
I also don't think anyone said that Ford was superior. I think saying things like GM is clearly a superior motor is kind of misleading

There are pluses and minuses to each. I really like the Ilmor I have. I think they do a nice job.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Fords though. All kinds of power. Plus, I love the fact that they are semi closed cooling. That is great for a variety of reasons

As for reliability I think this is year two or three of the Fords and I have yet to hear many negatives
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-18-2016, 9:36 AM Reply   
You must be a pretty awesome surfer to say a stock G23 "Blows" and your X-30 doesn't "get good" till 4k lbs.

Im a wakeboarder first and foremost, so maybe Im a bit biased, but sometimes I think boat owners run out of things to blame for their lack of skills and think that an even bigger wake/wave will help them land more tricks. But a good surfer (like a good wakeboarder) can do them on a big or medium wave.

Guys,we aren't talking about double flips 12 feet in the air, we are talking about surface 360's and shut its a foot high ( and how many out there can even do a legit shut it).

I get the debate about the boats, features, fit and finish, wakes, etc... but acting like one wave of a top tier 23foot boat with 3-5k in ballast is "amazing" while another "blows" is kind of funny to me.
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-18-2016, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
You must be a pretty awesome surfer to say a stock G23 "Blows" and your X-30 doesn't "get good" till 4k lbs.

Im a wakeboarder first and foremost, so maybe Im a bit biased, but sometimes I think boat owners run out of things to blame for their lack of skills and think that an even bigger wake/wave will help them land more tricks. But a good surfer (like a good wakeboarder) can do them on a big or medium wave.

Guys,we aren't talking about double flips 12 feet in the air, we are talking about surface 360's and shut its a foot high ( and how many out there can even do a legit shut it).

I get the debate about the boats, features, fit and finish, wakes, etc... but acting like one wave of a top tier 23foot boat with 3-5k in ballast is "amazing" while another "blows" is kind of funny to me.
"2013 X-30, 6.0L with 2500lbs of ballast and 500 lbs of lead"

That is what you run right? Why so much weight? Is it because your lack of skills? I am guessing not. I am guessing it is because the wave is big, more fun and easier to learn new tricks on.

You are right though. I should qualify it. The G23 doesn't suck. It sucks compared to....
1)A sacked out X-30
2)A G21 (stock wave)
3)what I would expect for the most highly touted boat in the industry

Does that mean it is a bad wave? No. absolutely not. Hell, I could surf it all day and probably have a lot of fun. I'm sure it is enough for the average guy just looking to carve around. But, when you have surfed a really great wave, it just isn't the same. It is mushy, short and not a whole lot of fun.

FWIW, I learned how to surf ropeless on my DD 1998 Malibu Sunsetter LX. Compared to that, the G23 surf wave is KILLER
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-18-2016, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocPhil View Post
I have said it before and I will say it again. The stock wave on the X23 is....meh. It simply isn't enough weight. What is stock ballast? 2800 lbs? And somehow mastercraft is able magically create a killer stock wave with less weight than everyone else? I think nay my friend. Is it a good wave? Sure. It's fine. But my X-30 wave didn't get good until I approached 4K ballast.

That is why the stock G23 wave (2015 and prior) blows. It is just not enough weight for a big boat with a ton of freeboard. The MB comes with 5200 lbs of ballast stock from the factory. And the GSA tabs are like Gen 2 on roids. So with nearly double ballast and bigger tabs please tell me how the MB is not likely to outsurf the X23? It is simple physics dude. Not some magical mastercraft recipe where they sprinkle the boats with unicorn farts before they leave the factory.

MC fit and finish is awesome. No doubt about it. MB is also super nice but doesn't have all the trinkets, bells and whistles that MC does. No touch screen, ZFT4 tower, etc. However, they make a bad ass boat that I believe will perform very well. Full review to come when the damn ice thaws up here.

The 5500 lb. weight of the X23 and the stock 3K ballast sure do a good job IMO. Not sure what boat you have ridden but the wave on my X23 isn't meh..... I have added zero weight over factory and my neighbor with an X30 with 1100's prefers to ride my wave. The flat hull on the X30 requires more weight to get a better wave because its simple physics.... A V-hull boat will displace the water better than the flatter hull. Nothing new here... Im not doubting that with all that weight that and a deep V hull the MB wont surf good, as it probably will but to say that its in another category or better than the CCs or MCs or even the X30 you currently have is over reaching.

The X23 hull was designed around the GEN2 system and after trying multiple boats prior to purchasing, the X23 was the best wave out of the box. I'm no professional, stuck up wave junky that needs tons of weight to surf and enjoy the ride, do my spins and aerials. I would venture to say being able to recover from 20ft back for a goofy/regular rider is a good wave in any persons mind.

Surf waves are all personal preference. what you may like is completely different than what I like or the next guy likes. I demoed multiple boat prior to my purchase and no MB wasn't in the demo pool, but Malibu, CC and MC were.

I would love to see these two boats side to side for a good comparison. But I'm sure that will never happen as MB is rare in my area.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-18-2016, 12:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman View Post
Fit/finish is the best? Mastercraft has great fit and finish, but to simply say it is the best? You may want to have another look at both boats, side by side. Look in places that most people don't. I think you might be surprised at some of the differences you see. You say you have not surfed the V23, I'm assuming you also have not driven the V23. I have driven both (back to back) and will say, you sir... are not correct. I think your quote at the end says it all. You are also one that just doesn’t know about MB.
It is safe to say that MC or CC are the best fit and finish out there. You are lying to yourself if you don't think that. I have looked at many boat at different boat shows. I keep my boat in an environment with times of brackish water and have seen what holds up and doesn't. I have seen a majority of the newer boats out there and went through them all.

Also, I said that I have not surfed the B23 with GSA but I have surfed one without anything and zero additional weight because the owner didn't want any pumps because of the pure vent system.
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-18-2016, 12:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post

Surf waves are all personal preference. what you may like is completely different than what I like or the next guy likes. I demoed multiple boat prior to my purchase and no MB wasn't in the demo pool, but Malibu, CC and MC were. .
Good point. Who cares what I like anyways?
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-21-2016, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocPhil View Post
Good point. Who cares what I like anyways?
I care what you like, Doc!!
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-21-2016, 2:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
I care what you like, Doc!!
Only because TMC is down you liar! Haha

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:29 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us