Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-19-2013, 11:55 AM Reply   
Why do some call them bumpers? I've been a boater for the last 15 years and have always called them fenders, I like to tease my buddy when he says bumpers
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-19-2013, 12:04 PM Reply   
All my friends call em bumpers or buoys
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-19-2013, 12:38 PM Reply   
I call it a fender or bumper, just whatever comes out at the time. Do you always say port and starboard to your guests on your boat to confuse them? I'm not a fan of Exile Audio personally but their boat fender or bumper is awesome. Twice as thick as the Hippity Hops and $20. Two wakeboats with racks don't touch when rafting up.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-19-2013, 1:00 PM Reply   
Those Exile fenders will also double as a Hippty Hop for my grandbaby! LOL! And yes, I do try to confuse my guests as often as possible!
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-19-2013, 1:21 PM Reply   
Do you fend off your bumper or bump your fender?
I've also always wondered how much wood a woodchuck would chuck or ground a groundhog could grind, if they could grind ground, but I'm unlikely to ever know the answer.
I can tell you why the sky is blue, however, and more importantly I can determine if the sky is blue when I go out in my boat to try to fend off bumps with my fenders. ;D
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-19-2013, 1:37 PM Reply   
What??? LOL!
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-19-2013, 2:20 PM Reply   
T you talking about D'S babby blue bumpers ?? Bump ba bump ba bump LOL
Old     (SacSurfer)      Join Date: May 2012       03-19-2013, 2:26 PM Reply   
+1 on the Exile balls they are the best for tie-ups and float party!
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-19-2013, 6:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by you_da_man View Post
I call it a fender or bumper, just whatever comes out at the time. Do you always say port and starboard to your guests on your boat to confuse them? I'm not a fan of Exile Audio personally but their boat fender or bumper is awesome. Twice as thick as the Hippity Hops and $20. Two wakeboats with racks don't touch when rafting up.
Where'd you get these?!
Old     (Alleykat)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-19-2013, 6:26 PM Reply   
Exile has them on their website.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-19-2013, 7:27 PM Reply   
sweet! I just ordered 4 of them.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-20-2013, 8:42 AM Reply   
Since this question comes up again and again on how to blow up buoy balls, the simple advice is to keep a small 12V pump on the boat (think small version of mattress pump). Pull out the plastic plunger valve on the ball. Cover the hole with the pump and it blows up in about 15 seconds. When done, just pull the plunger, deflate and store in a locker. They are nice because then the balls dont take up any room. These things are very durable. Here's a couple pics from every day use....

product page link
Attached Images

Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-20-2013, 9:13 AM Reply   
We loaded up the Skiiers choice boaters reunion last year in Texas... Crazy Texans! Only place I've been in USA that they fly their own flags on their boats... Fun times!

This guy holding about 7-8 of them. They pack down small. I'm not sure what that red thing (other picture) is that guy is sitting on... hehe.
Attached Images

Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-20-2013, 11:47 AM Reply   
how well do those exile balls hold up to a boat tied up to a floating dock that gets hit with wakes...would be nice to have an inflatable bumper on the river
Old     (LightningRon)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-20-2013, 12:23 PM Reply   
I just picked up 4 on Bakesonline for $52. The more you buy the cheaper they are on their site.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-20-2013, 12:23 PM Reply   
Bill - If there are no sharp points on the dock to pop it they will hold up great. We have been using bouncy balls for probably 7 years and the Exile balls are even thicker. We have been up against all conditions and I would use them way before I would use a standard bumper. These don't scratch/scuff your gel coat like standard bumpers and they will hold your boat further away from the dock. I won't even tie up to other boats anymore that use standard bumpers. I typically have enough bouncy balls to cover both sides of my boat for a tie up.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-20-2013, 1:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningRon View Post
I just picked up 4 on Bakesonline for $52. The more you buy the cheaper they are on their site.
How'd you get to $52? I entered 4 to the shopping cart and it still said $80. Are you using a coupon?
Old     (LightningRon)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-20-2013, 1:48 PM Reply   
It's crazy like they just changed it no less than a hour ago. They were $13 if you bought 4 and something like $16 a peice if you bought 2. I didn't enter a coupon at all. I just looked at the site again and it's not the same. Sorry for the wrong info.
Old     (buzzardmountainz)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-20-2013, 4:05 PM Reply   
That sucks...I was ready to pull the trigger on 4 at that price.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-30-2013, 12:03 PM Reply   
How hard are you guys airing them up? I just put them on the air compressor & didn't want to get em too full & pop them. They look about the same size as in the picture, but they were still pretty soft.