Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-30-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
I don't think anyone is denying that Randall only came back to the sport of wakeboarding because he found Jesus Christ and got his life together, I didn't read derek's comment first, so I thought, john was insinuating that I had insulted him with the unicorn comment.

Edit: I appologize, I get a little agrivated with religious disscusions.

(Message edited by hawk7 on July 30, 2008)
Old     (bawllaoutacontrol)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-30-2008, 7:27 PM Reply   
yeah tru on those toe back 7s trevor...i knew alot of riders were doin em i just couldnt name them all off the top of my head. jd's batwing to back 7 attempt was crazy!!!
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-30-2008, 8:34 PM Reply   
Poke, it was toe back fives, not sevens, shane seems to have them pretty much locked and danny is the only one to grab one. The first time I saw that batwing to back seven, I didn't even acknowledge the fact that he had just taken a very technical trick and added an up grab to it, I had only classified it as a back 7 and not a toe back 7, and I'm starting to think that if tom w were to watch randall ride and label the tricks he is doing, he may begin to comprehend Randall Harris.
Old     (michaelvincz)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-30-2008, 10:08 PM Reply   
this was a great thread to read. alot of solid statements.

A quick one about Pillip, not to bash his riding cause he is sick in his own ways as well but he looks more like a gymnist when wakeboarding and could definatly put more flavor into his riding but then again that is his style of riding. tech spins and flips. has anyone ever seen Phil take a blind 180 grabbed twenty feet into the flats? i didnt think so.

Randall is the sickest rider. period.

now im going to watch Natual Born Thrillaz and go to sleep so i can dream about wakeboarding.

(Message edited by michaelvincz on July 30, 2008)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-31-2008, 7:02 AM Reply   
Randall came out here to NJ for our wakefest event in 07,he was quiet and laid back. He signed every single thing someone asked him too and he took every picture people asked him to. Then we all piled in our boats to go out on the water and watch him ride. HOLY CRAP was it awesome to see him ride in person. His riding time was cut short because the brand new malibu pulling him couln't keep up with him and blew it's transmission.Randall you do what you do,screw the haters, you rock bro.
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-31-2008, 12:23 PM Reply   
im sure this thread is over already, but...

i saw the title and couldnt believe my eyes. are u freaking serious dude. if u do not see what is so great (and so much GREATER) about randall than u should turn in your board and buy a sewing kit. u have got to be kidding me.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-31-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
^^Agreed, time to hang up the skurfer and buy a tube.

"has anyone ever seen Phil take a blind 180 grabbed twenty feet into the flats?"

yes. maybe not 20 feet like randall, but I'm pretty sure that everyone with a good blind 180 has atleast tried to grab it and bring it to the flats, I have no doubt in my mind that he has, but I have no video proof at the moment. I do, however, understand what you are trying to say.
Old     (the_bum)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-01-2008, 1:55 PM Reply   
Rusty sums it up pretty well in drive. " If I was going to show anybody what wakeboarding is, I would show them a section of Randall Harris"
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-01-2008, 1:57 PM Reply   
" If I was going to show anybody what wakeboarding is, I would show them a section of Randall Harris"

I disagree, then they'd be disapointed with the next rider they saw!
Old     (kyle_neumann)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-06-2008, 6:46 PM Reply   
agreed
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-06-2008, 6:59 PM Reply   
Randall's section in Blacklist has always put chills through my spine every time I watch it. It was when he was a young punk but the kid threw down. Brings on two other BIG guy's just to make the wake bigger than it was. My profile says Randall for favorite rider and there is a reason why, if you sit down and watch any film of him... you know. Can't wait to see what he does with Company!