Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (kgoings)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-05-2006, 6:23 AM Reply   
If so what channels air them? And where to find a schedule?
Old    sarah40            05-05-2006, 6:43 AM Reply   
The Outdoor Life Network (OLN) sometimes has Kickin It (or something along that line) where they focus on different pro boarders. They also show some competitions now and then.....you'll have to check to see if your cable gets it.
Old     (oldcentury76)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-05-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
College sports network had a small 15min slice of the Collegate Nationals in Reno, NV. The riding was good but not much coverage. I was bummed that Sac. State did not win.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-05-2006, 8:47 AM Reply   
i remember back in the day when i actually following wakeboarding a bit, they had the vans triple crown on espn and espn2 quite a bit and then the x games. has wakeboarding lost steam over the past few years?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-05-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
Coming from a shop owner I would say no. Wakeboard sales have gone up every year for the last 4 yrs quite a bit for my shop. Its growing and not losing steam at all here in Texas.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-05-2006, 8:55 AM Reply   
that's good! i think it's just cause i don't really pay attention to it anymore
Old    lovin_the_sport            05-05-2006, 10:09 AM Reply   
'Fuel' T.v. has a lot of wakboarding, skateboarding, BMX type of sports. Awsome channel....
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-05-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
They should rename Fuel tv to snowboard tv. Thats all I ever see on that channel.
Old    lovin_the_sport            05-05-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   
True... But I've seen plenty of wakeboarding too. But you are right, they do air a lot of snowboarding...
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-05-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
Not enough.
Old    r_dub            05-05-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
I think it's more like Surf TV. That's all I seem to catch when I watch fuel. And skating is a close second. But it does seem to change depending on the seasons.

But Wakeboarding does get the least amount of coverage on fuel. I guess if they had fruit booting, opps, I mean roller blading on, wakeboarding wouldnt be at the bottom of the barrel.
Wait, I guess freestyle walking would be one step lower then fruit booting.
Old     (premierwake136)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-06-2006, 8:37 AM Reply   
if you have comcast digital cable on channel 226 INHD they have all the PWT events ans parks double up and the toe jam
Old    catfishh            05-07-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
Wakeboarding is on tonight on the INHD channel 9pm est. I have Comcast cable, its like 174 or something, look on the guide at 9pm and you can't miss it.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-07-2006, 4:57 PM Reply   
INHD is by far the best coverage of wakeboarding (besides Pull) that I have seen. The bring in a storylines and the coverages of the heats on the head to head are great
Old    catfishh            05-07-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
I just did a search of wakeboarding on Cable and found a whole bunch of contests this week on Comcast HD TV. I set my DVR to record them, I'll post after if any of them were good..