Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (jmepek)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-27-2005, 8:42 AM Reply   
Heading up to Lake McClure this weekend to camp and going again in two weeks on a house boat. Have never been there before. Any tips on where to ride or places to avoid.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-27-2005, 8:55 AM Reply   
Avoid me!! I'll be hanging with the West Coast Camps crew and I want some butter!! There are a lot of nice places, islands, coves etc. that you can tuck into that are nice. but honestly if you see a new VLX with Pro Flight Tower just give us our space. If we're stopped then come say hi. (please note that this is said very "tongue in cheek")

PS- Camping sucks at the lake, the Houseboat is the only way to go.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-27-2005, 9:46 AM Reply   
Big Heavy-I'll be looking for that VLX, I've got a sweet new tube I'll be pulling and want you to check it out. I also love to make big swooping turns in the butter. Just messing.

Why do you say the camping sucks?
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-27-2005, 11:29 AM Reply   
Jethro,

The camping is away from the water, you cant see the water from 99% of the sites @ the lake... Heavys right - lots of inlets / coves / fingers
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-27-2005, 11:46 AM Reply   
And you have to pull your boat out of the water every evening.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-27-2005, 12:21 PM Reply   
I actually dig the camping there. I pull my boat out at night anyway, unless I'm at Hogans.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-27-2005, 1:38 PM Reply   
Heavy- I am there on Sunday all day.

Also ther eis a huge Poker run on satruday so the water will be poopy!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-27-2005, 2:07 PM Reply   
Buff, you gonna be on the houseboat? I guess Schwenne & Buck are taking off but Ryan & the Rod will be there. I guess the Rods folks are coming up. Jason what would it take to get a shot of me or two? I'm very handy...
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-27-2005, 2:08 PM Reply   
Greeeaaaat!
Old    lukedogg            07-27-2005, 4:23 PM Reply   
Jason - where did you hear about the poker run? I can't find any information about it.
Old    backsplit            07-27-2005, 9:08 PM Reply   
Big Heavy.... we have never met but we will.... your probly thinking wtf? but yea im heading over to wcc like sat afternoon and will be there 4 like 2 weeks ..(Im topher...)

Lake McClure is Always Chopy never go there)

Topher
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-28-2005, 12:48 AM Reply   
Yeah I've heard about the chop gettin really bad lately. I guess there used to be butter at most times & that has since gone away. It's too bad. It's kinda sad to think that such a nice lake can get devoured by a huge influx of people. Topher, I know who you are. you asked about Rhino on the other site a few months back. Lookin forward to meeting you.
Old    chrisole            07-28-2005, 1:23 AM Reply   
Jason, when are you going to invite me to McClure?
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-28-2005, 7:28 AM Reply   
Big- I will be at the Barrett Cove ramp at 6:30 sunday morning. Rod/Ranger will be there to help me shoot/chase. Be there and you'll get soem shots. Than I will be there all day. Mikey will be back on the lake around 3:00.

The poker run is a Pro Flight sponsered deal saturday like noon to 6:00.

Chris O- My phone ain't rang with your digits... Bring it!
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-28-2005, 8:52 AM Reply   
What's a poker run anyway?
Old    backsplit            07-28-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
jason.... who are you shoting?just big heavey/rod/and ranger?

(i was the kid last time you were taking shots of mike takeing shots)

topher
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-28-2005, 11:43 AM Reply   
Man we are going to have a full crew of people. I'm bringing two girls + Ranger & myself other roommate.

Jason, I don't really have the steez that these guys do but I will do my best.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-29-2005, 5:38 PM Reply   
stephan- if those girls are gonna bring conditioner or other body product, tell them to either bring a locking case or bring LOTS of it hahahaha

you fools better ride well this weekend!
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       08-01-2005, 3:15 PM Reply   
Chris is right, never ever go there cuz ummm its chopy and ummm ummm...you can get sick from the water. Ya thats it! you can get sick! STAY AWAY!!!