Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-18-2004, 4:51 PM Reply   
I downloaded Adobe Premiere Pro Tryout(30 days).
It says that it cannot run on this computer because the processor does not support the SSE instruction set? does anyone now away around this?
I have an 800mhz-AMD Duron/Athalon(spl?) Processor.

(Message edited by autotunner69 on May 18, 2004)
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-18-2004, 4:59 PM Reply   
That's a really slow processor to run Premiere Pro...they recommend a 3Ghz. I have no idea about the SSE instruction set or a way around it though.

Maybe one of the other programs like Avid will work for you. The good news is that you can pick up a new PC for about $400, or build one yourself for even less.
Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-18-2004, 7:07 PM Reply   
Hey thanks Bill- I downloaded Avid and it works but man, it's complicated!!!
I can't believe how much these high end software programs cost. I want to be able to make a home movie be sort of like a professional hollywood film. finding out though that this stuff is very expensive and you need like a dozen or so different software aplications plus all the nesessary hardware.
thanks again for the help!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-18-2004, 7:10 PM Reply   
Are you running Windows XP? Is it SP1?

When I first got Premiere Pro, I installed it onto my old comp, a p2, 400MHz, 384MB ram, etc., etc. It wouldn't run and got the same error. I think someone told me my XP had to be SP1 version.

I got a new laptop, and loaded Premiere Pro. Runs just fine!
Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-18-2004, 7:15 PM Reply   
ya I'm running XP Home. What is SP1? Im new at video editing so bare with me man.
Have any of you heard of Maya?

Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-18-2004, 7:26 PM Reply   
SP1 is Service Pack 1 - a bunch of updates to the Windows software. You should click on Tools, Windows Update to update Windows with the latest security updates. I usually check for updates about twice a month. I don't know if SP1 will fix your problem or not but it's really important to keep your Windows software up to date.

Adobe and many other software companies offer educational discounts for software. You can pick up Premiere Pro for about $229 so you save quite a bit. The discount is available to students and teachers and you can buy the software at many college bookstores and several websites.

But yeah, it's expensive. I recommend upgrading your PC before you worry about buying expensive software.

Since you have Windows XP you can download Microsoft Movie Maker 2 for free from Microsoft. Not a great program, and not professional, but it's free and will allow you to make decent simple videos.

Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-20-2004, 2:52 PM Reply   
Streaming SIMD Extensions (SSE) are an instruction set found in Intel x86 processors. I cant remember, but I think P3's and better have this.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-28-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
yes, Screaming Cindy extensions started with the P3 and are in all intel and AMD processors these days. Cindy's cousin SSE2 is also in most newer cpus.

Wes