Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (analdine)      Join Date: May 2006       04-25-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
I am tring to get a kid to try his first invert, he is a awesome rider, and can throw them on the trampoline..
But when he gets to the wake it's like he gives up before he tries.....

Help!!!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2008, 3:38 PM Reply   
he has to want it bad enough to throw it.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-25-2008, 3:45 PM Reply   
he needs balls, just kidding. like jarrod says he needs to want it bad enough. if you dont want it your not even going to come close and youll end up getting hurt.

if he wont try inverts get him doing spins. this will actually give you a better ground of skills for when he does get the balls to go upside down.
Old     (analdine)      Join Date: May 2006       04-25-2008, 3:51 PM Reply   
He already is doing spins. I am just tired of tring to get him to try the first one.
Old     (pogi)      Join Date: May 2006       04-25-2008, 4:01 PM Reply   
Trying for the first time was hard for me too, because I was afraid I was going to kill myself. This was 10 years ago when wakeboarding wasn't what it is now and not near as many people could do inverts. Anyways, go like 19 or 20, have him hit the wake and just land on his head like he's doing a dive or something. Once he sees that it really doesn't hurt that bad he'll start trying them. After I tried once it was real easy to try again. You wreck a lot harder on spins anyways, in my opinion.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-26-2008, 12:01 AM Reply   
I second the spins comment...the 360 was a trick that I earned in blood...
Old     (analdine)      Join Date: May 2006       04-27-2008, 5:59 AM Reply   
hey guys thanks alot...
I got him to try it without loading the rope.
So he landed on his head all day.
He would only cut out about 15-20 ft. so he was moving slow when he hit the wake. But he kept tring untill he was landing on his face.
It is very hard to coach a kid that you know can turn it up a notch, but refuses to.

I showed him this post and he decided to try a dive and it worked, Im sure he will be landing them in a week or two..

Thanks alot,
Old     (nevada_champ)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-27-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
okay. we got one of my buddies to do a tantrum by telling him each time he went to throw it and didnt, we told him he was riding like a girl. i worked like a charm and now hes doin like 911s and stuff over like a couple of weeks