Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-04-2003, 8:47 PM Reply   
A cold sunday at the delta behind the new Malibu.

Riding from Jimmy & Katie Muir, Mike Owens, Tom Van Vleet, Greg Sandford and Christie Fisher.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=9425
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       11-04-2003, 9:22 PM Reply   
Christie,

Another nice video.

Two Comments:

1) Damn that's a lot of face plants, I know some were replays but I saw at least 3 and they all looked painful.

2) Blind 180, very nice. Give the regular 180 a break for a while, I think you looked like you could ride away from that if you get the handle pass.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-04-2003, 9:49 PM Reply   
Thanks, Troy. Faceplants..yes, there were three and one of them caused a bloody nose so, yes, they were painful as well....it was just a faceplant kind of day :-)

While I would love to take full credit for the Blind 180 attempt, that was actually not planned. After looking at the video clip, it made me want to try one, but that one was purely a mistake...hehe!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-04-2003, 9:59 PM Reply   
Nice vid. Christie, you are on tough chick!
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-04-2003, 10:03 PM Reply   
Nice job on the vid, Christie!!
For some reason it doesn't look nearly as cold on the video. Yes, and she didn't mention that she actually drew blood on the FIRST faceplant, and the others were purely of the "No Fear" mentality. Blind 180 for Fisher, eh? That sounds intriguing. I bet it can be done!!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-04-2003, 10:14 PM Reply   
some in drysuits, and some trunkin it. How cold was it? Great video.!! Mike, I am gonna call you this week, I have something commin for ya!!
Old    bleebdat            11-04-2003, 10:45 PM Reply   
Christie OUCH!!!! great vid, ur def got the blind 180 as long as you can get the handle pass.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-05-2003, 5:37 AM Reply   
Christie

Nice to finally see that beautiful VLX of yours in person! I was in the SAN that you seen Brian (Squid) in. At least I think you recognized him. It's funny I am having the same problem on the W2W 180's I keep sliding out, not putting enough weight on my toes, but Brian is trying to help me with those. Sorry we didn't get to officially meet you guys. You must have left not too long after we got out there because we didn't see you much later. Got to see Jimmy ride a little (He rips) and that was about it.
BTW are you riding sac'd or weighted at all besides the regular crew of what seems like a hundred all the time, that is a solid wake.

Chad
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-05-2003, 7:10 AM Reply   
Christie-very nice..
what's the name of that song?
Old    tammy            11-05-2003, 7:15 AM Reply   
Christie another nice video..... and the famous Fisher faceplants...OUCH..
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-05-2003, 9:09 AM Reply   
hey Christie looks like your having fun behind your new boat. another great video u got. what amount of weight do you have in the boat. also i was having the same problem on my 180's 2 years ago. the key to not slipping back is feel like you try to kiss the water when landing.
Old     (mcfatty)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-05-2003, 9:28 AM Reply   
OH MY GOD! That wake is huge!
Old    deltahoosier            11-05-2003, 9:49 AM Reply   
Good to see you back in the video mode again Christie. You will get those 180's this year for sure.
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-05-2003, 10:17 AM Reply   
That was great. I was laughing (and crying) during the crash/faceplant section.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-05-2003, 10:58 AM Reply   
Thanks, everyone!

Chad - yes, I did recognize Brian. I wanted to stop and say hello, but we had to run to Union Point to get some grub and gas. We came back, but didn't see you again.....next time for sure!

Weighting in the boat: MLS, 2 hard tanks in the back (250 each), wedge, 650 lbs of lead...plus the people.

Wilson - Here is the title from the song...not sure if it is right: Azn Rap - Khmer Kid - Smoke Weed

Something about 180s and faceplants go hand in hand....one of these days, I'll get it right :-)

Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       11-05-2003, 11:46 AM Reply   
Guess you must be done with the break-in period and able to ride now… The wake looks good!

Thanks for another fun vid. even got some blood... Ouch!

Re: 180’s… watch the vid again. If you look down you fall down. I did the same thing for the longest time… At the peak of your w2w you can see that you look down to spot the landing. The only consistent thing I was able to do when doing that was slip out on my landings.

Watch the shore and you will ride away.

So what are the temps… must be nice to ride without needing gloves.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-05-2003, 12:07 PM Reply   
That song is real good!!! just as your face plants... euhh wakeboarding I mean Christie . Impressed about the boarding and video, keep it coming.

How cold was it when your boarded? I see some of you wearing shorty's and some are wearing a dry suit.

Tom
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-05-2003, 12:13 PM Reply   
According to PP, the water temp was 64 so the drysuit wasn't an absolute necessity, but it sure was cozy!!
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-05-2003, 12:16 PM Reply   
wow christie - you prove once again how dedicated you are. those faceplants looked nasty! kimberly has been doing her share of those too so i'll have to show her she has a sister spirit in you!

and i want whatever board greg has! he's getting a ridiculous amount of pop.
Old    norcal_99            11-05-2003, 12:18 PM Reply   
Nice vid, nice faceplants, & nice riding all around.

Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-05-2003, 12:20 PM Reply   
I believe Greg is riding the Parks and the video doesn't do him justice....he was going HUGE.
Old    norcal_99            11-05-2003, 12:21 PM Reply   
Christie, Have you wakesurfed behind the new boat yet? How was it?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-05-2003, 12:32 PM Reply   
Christie,

Like Jeff said, "Look Down, Fall Down". I have to give Umali credit for curing me from looking down. He told me to act as if someone had just stuck a broom handle up my arse as I leave the top of the wake (head up chest out). Think of it that way "BRO", and you will definitely keep your head up.

BTW,
Killer vid, as usual.
Old     (supersport)      Join Date: Dec 2001       11-05-2003, 12:35 PM Reply   
Loved it!
Old    norcal_99            11-05-2003, 12:37 PM Reply   
Cliff, How do you know what a broom handle up your arse feels like? This doesn't have anything to do with the ass clown comment in the other thread, does it?

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-05-2003, 12:55 PM Reply   
Rene,

I was curious how Joe came up with that one myself.

I remember him telling me that he had been roughed up pretty bad by a French police officer one time. Maybe that's what he was drawing from.

Old    wakelvr            11-05-2003, 12:58 PM Reply   
Nice video Christie. Great riding from all!

Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-05-2003, 2:21 PM Reply   
Hi Stafani!
How's Ja coming along with the knee?
Also, isn't today the day that Arun goes under the knife? Good thoughts for speedy recoveries!!
Old    david_jackson            11-05-2003, 5:41 PM Reply   
yo wuts the song u used for the video
Old    norcal_99            11-05-2003, 6:30 PM Reply   
David, Christie answered that question earlier. Read her post time stamped on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 10:58 am:
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-06-2003, 8:44 AM Reply   
Rene - Yes, we have surfed behind it....awesome surf wake especially for the goofy-footed riders!

Cliff - Broomstick, huh? Ouch. Sounds like less fun than faceplanting . How about I just focus on the "look at the shore" tip? hehe