Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-05-2012, 7:58 AM Reply   
It's amazing what a difference 24 hours makes. This lake went from being a zoo, to being deserted.

Next stop is canyon lake today on the Malibuddah
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-05-2012, 9:08 PM Reply   
Yep, that was me. We prepared to sit and wait at the overflow parking and were amazed there was no wait. It was crappy until noon and then it cleard out. It was great after that. I really had no plans to try and get on, but I am glad we did. I think a lot of people were thinking like I was - it would be a huge wait and crappy day.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-05-2012, 9:11 PM Reply   
I also saw another MB Tomcat there. We were both pulling out at the same time and he said it was the first time he had ever seen another MB Tomcat on the water. Pretty cool end to the day.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-06-2012, 7:25 AM Reply   
Hahahaha Mormonbu, Malibuddah

We had really good water pretty much all day yesterday until the wind picked up at 1pm or so.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-06-2012, 11:05 AM Reply   
My boats name is MormonBu.

This my friends boat, the Malibuddah.

Sadly this is the only photo i took yesterday at canyon
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-06-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
Are there going to be anymore get-togethers before the season is over? I really need to meet some local riders that I can get pointers and stuff from. It sucks being the "better" one of the crew because I have nobody to push me.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-06-2012, 12:27 PM Reply   
This morning was good too. A couple wake boats were out there but... they were all our friends! So it was all good,.nothing better than knowing everybody that was at the lake.

Spencer Coon was out with us as well. Coon did you any pics?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-06-2012, 12:30 PM Reply   
Take^
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-06-2012, 12:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf1985 View Post
Are there going to be anymore get-togethers before the season is over? I really need to meet some local riders that I can get pointers and stuff from. It sucks being the "better" one of the crew because I have nobody to push me.
Season is over? This isn't Minnesota Raf, and its not 1985 we ride year round! Besides winter riding is the best! Anywho I'm off next week as well. So If your willing to wake up early, hit me up and you can join our crew for morning session.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-06-2012, 12:54 PM Reply   
I might just take you up on that one. Did you know I'm from MN or was that just a coincidence?

I also need the definition of early....
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-06-2012, 3:15 PM Reply   
Jajajajaja! I had no idea you were from MN! Pure coincidence. Judging at what time it sounds like you usually go to the lake... Too early to you. Aka meeting up @ 5-6 A.M.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-06-2012, 3:45 PM Reply   
This morning was awesome. Couldn't have had better conditions. Curt I did take a pic of you driving and one of the water conditions. It wouldn't contribute anything more than the pics you already posted.

Raf if you need someone better to ride with then you would be well served by taking Curt up on his invite. He's a pro coach (he must read books or something) and darn good rider.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-06-2012, 3:50 PM Reply   
OK I can deal with an early meeting then. I was on the water at 6am yesterday and it was pretty nice.

I might try to squeeze a session in tomorrow but it will have to be between 9-3 when my daughter is in school. If anyone wants to roll let me know, chicks are a plus as my wife is coming too.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-07-2012, 1:11 PM Reply   
Thx for the review on my coaching Spencer. But i have to give credit to Tucker McIngram and Lantz for teaching me how to coach. I used to watch the wakeboard camps "the book" while driving to work and on the way home. Yeah i know its bad...
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-07-2012, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
Thx for the review on my coaching Spencer. But i have to give credit to Tucker McIngram and Lantz for teaching me how to coach. I used to watch the wakeboard camps "the book" while driving to work and on the way home. Yeah i know its bad...
Lantz is the shizzz... Teaching you how to coach? How about teaching you how to wakeboard too? I guess a lot of the credit goes to the Golden Calf though... I also recall we also taught you how to cut up and bury people in the desert too.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-07-2012, 4:58 PM Reply   
Hahahahaha!! Yeah, i Learned how to do that too...
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-07-2012, 5:58 PM Reply   
Remember that one girl we buried in Curt Is Gay Cove?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-07-2012, 6:37 PM Reply   
Remember those two fish i caught with my bare hands and hid in your boat cooler at big hairy puussy cove?
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-07-2012, 7:04 PM Reply   
Yes, I still have one!
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-07-2012, 7:48 PM Reply   
You guys have some interesting names for your coves...........I wanna hear the stories!
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-07-2012, 8:00 PM Reply   
Yes, Hidden Cove, Malibu Cove, The Cabin Cove, Justin's Aunt's Cove, Your Related to a Chicken Island, My Ass Cove, and lots of others that I forgot.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-07-2012, 9:20 PM Reply   
No it's JASONS Aunts Cove. My favorites were Malibu cove, and Curt is gay cove.

So RAF, what day do you want to go this coming week?
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-07-2012, 9:30 PM Reply   
I can go any day you guys want, just let me know. I'm good for gas, cleaning, towing, moral support/cheerleading, you name it. Or we can take my boat, whatever you guys want to do.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-07-2012, 9:57 PM Reply   
We can always use more cheerleaders..
What's your work schedule or times like for next week?
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-07-2012, 10:15 PM Reply   
I'll bring the pom poms, but I dont wear the outfit on a first date.

I'm self employed so I can pretty much go whenever I want. I'll probably hit up saguaro a couple times next week, and I'm willing to sponsor the trip in exchange for tips/advice on how not to suck.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-08-2012, 12:20 PM Reply   
How not to suck? How bad do you suck?? Well i have no one lined up for Monday morning if your down for that . And depending how "the first date" goes we can do your boat on another day this week.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-08-2012, 1:01 PM Reply   
The world we live in...2 men meeting on an internet site scheduling a casual encounter online...with hopes of liking each other and starting a mutually beneficial, long lasting relationship. Pretty tough convincing my wife and the inlaws that this is not gay.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-08-2012, 2:18 PM Reply   
Lmao. yes Spencer that is how we met too (no homo). Its also funny when Trian (BombWake) is calling and my wife tells me that my boyfriend is calling (no homo). Or after a day at the lake with my friends she asks how's the bRomance going.
I guess I'm gonna have to quit giving my weird sister Inlaws crap for meeting guys thru the internet. . .
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-08-2012, 2:35 PM Reply   
Hahaha this thread has turned full homo.

I'm not that bad, but I'm still trying to break bad skateboarding habits. I'm up for Monday morning, just tell me when and where to meet. If you need more people I can get a buddy to join in. 480-522-0418
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-08-2012, 4:52 PM Reply   
Oh and when I said I sucked, that means that I was doing basic grabs and started landing back rolls. Then I broke my ankle and haven't done much all year so we'll see how much I remember.
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-09-2012, 2:11 PM Reply   
Raf,
You should not have to "sponsor" any outing just to find people to teach you stuff unless you are a total jerk. There are tons of great riders here in AZ that will go with you.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-09-2012, 3:54 PM Reply   
I dont have to sponsor an outing, I just offer to. But if you want to pitch in that's fine by me.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-10-2012, 2:52 PM Reply   
Today was so homo! (no homo) three guys that met on the internet went out for a couple hours to do tricks and $h!+. But mainly $h!+ with some awesome wrecks. Coon i hope you made it to work on time. Raf I'm guessing you're still napping, but i have never seen some one take such long sets let me know if you wanna go tomorrow
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-10-2012, 3:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Today was so homo! (no homo) three guys that met on the internet went out for a couple hours to do tricks and $h!+. But mainly $h!+ with some awesome wrecks. Coon i hope you made it to work on time. Raf I'm guessing you're still napping, but i have never seen some one take such long sets let me know if you wanna go tomorrow
How long before you dump those guys and only go out with your new cool friends?
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-10-2012, 3:17 PM Reply   
Raf is a great mate to have on the vessel (NO HOMO). Short runs were a plenty and he even treated us to Gatorades and Doughnuts! (NO HOMO).

Yes Curt, I made it to work without any issues! It's nice to not have to be in a rush. Very good morning thanks again. Too bad this has to end after this week (NO HOMO).

Tucker, I'm trying to get Curt to car pool with me the next time I ride with you and Lance. You guys have such a long history. I think you should get back together (NO HOMO).
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-10-2012, 4:01 PM Reply   
Hahaha no homo huh?

I had a great time today, thanks again for the pointers. And yes, I just woke up (4:00).

Curt's double up wreck was pretty gnarly, and I hit some kind of invisible brick wall or something. My face is still a little numb.

I'll let you guys know when I'm taking my boat out this week. I'm guessing thursday but I'll shoot a text to confirm.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-11-2012, 7:42 PM Reply   
Today was pretty damn epic! We got to the lake around 10 am, when usually everyone else shows up.

TheRe was some small debris from the rain but the low cloud coverage was gnarly

We didn't leave the lake till 3 pm. And for the entire day we had to share the lake with a few fisherman and a longbow!

The pictures don't do justice on how low and how close these pilots came to us constantly. Seriously, didn't they see our orange rider down flag?!
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-11-2012, 8:17 PM Reply   
I'm so jealous, here I was thinking and laughing about how bad the weather was. Oh well, I'll have my turn on Thursday. I like the 10AM idea better than 5AM one.

And those chopper guys are nuts, they have come pretty damn close to us on occasion.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-11-2012, 9:14 PM Reply   
Don't be jealous ninja turtle, don't forget i did invite to join along.. We did 10 cuz of the storm. Sure it did rain a bit while we were shredding, But not enough to make it a bad time. I was able to nail all the double UPS this time but this everyday wake boarding is getting exhausting! I can't really get a crew together tomorrow to ride let alone even a surfing crew (mainly cuz I'm to tired of rallying up troops) so i guess I'll take a break..
Sorry Coon i couldn't find anyone for a early session tomorrow morning.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-11-2012, 9:45 PM Reply   
I know but I'm sore beyond belief and can barely walk. I'll double check the forecast tomorrow afternoon to determine what time we roll out. Probably wont be 5:30 unless we have to beat a storm or something. So far it looks like it will be sunny all day.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-11-2012, 10:14 PM Reply   
Sweet, yeah I'm down for whatever your Wifey says works. Just googled the address you sent me. Guess what i saw on the satellite view? A supra in front of the house! Hahaha
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-12-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
Hahaha that's awesome. What map did you use? Mapquest and Google maps still show my four winns from like 4 years ago.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-12-2012, 8:05 AM Reply   
I used the map app on my Android phone which uses google images. So it maybe a the four wins in the pic. I assumed the supra
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-12-2012, 8:14 AM Reply   
If its a white cover on the side of the house then it was either the four winns or bayliner. I think it still only shows a 2 car driveway and no pavement in the RV gate so it had to be a few years old.

Now stop spying on me...... hahaha
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-12-2012, 8:32 AM Reply   
dudes, where were you guys about 4-8 years ago? we ALWAYS struggled to get thirds and what not early morning. What do you guys do now-a-days to have so much time to go? I am in healthcare, so three 12s a week leaves me time to spare, but thirds were hard!
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-12-2012, 9:01 AM Reply   
I was a wally in a Four Winns 4-8 years ago. Power turns, tubing you name it. I just have a kick-ass boss that lets me do whatever I want whenever I want and it doesn't even affect my paycheck. If there were a perfect boss, it would be him. (I'm self employed)
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-12-2012, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newwhit View Post
dudes, where were you guys about 4-8 years ago? we ALWAYS struggled to get thirds and what not early morning. What do you guys do now-a-days to have so much time to go? I am in healthcare, so three 12s a week leaves me time to spare, but thirds were hard!
I'm on vacation for the past two weeks so I've been striving to go every weekday. I went outside to get the mail and couldn't believe how calm and nice the weather is today! I want to hitch up the boat and go right meow but my body is saying no.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-12-2012, 9:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newwhit View Post

I am unemployed living/ wakeboarding off your tax dollars!! Just kidding...I work in real estate and have a pretty flexible schedule as long as I have a little notice. 4-8 years ago I knew nothing of wakeworld but I wish I had. This forum has been awesome for me.

newwhit, I see you have a 99 Xstar, that's one of my favorite boats to ride behind. I had a buddy in high school that would load his down with about 2500lbs and it threw an incredible wake. If you need a third on an early morning weekday hit me up! 480-459-86 seven five.
Old     (Mattatto)      Join Date: May 2012       09-13-2012, 5:56 PM Reply   
Hey wanted to reintroduce myself to the Wakeworld community. My old 5+ years ago screen name was MattyBoyR6. Meeting men off the internet to go hangout shirtless all day is not homo at all. Leaving your wife, girlfriend or friend for the night at 4 am to meet up with those same men still surprisingly not gay. I sold my boat years ago about the same time my regular crew blew their knees out, and then I had kids. Getting up at 4 am wasn't a pleasant thought anymore. But 2 weeks ago I got a chance to ride again after 5 years. BAM like an addict boarding is about all I can think about now. I've got a fairly flexible schedule for early morning sessions before work or afternoon after work. I can clean a boat better than my house, have gas money, dirty one liners, and can drive a straight line, double ups and no power turns. Even after writing this like E-harmony, still not homo.

I'm 20 min from Sag. Let me know if you need a 3rd or got room for 1 more.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-13-2012, 7:15 PM Reply   
You are about 12 hrs late, a couple of us manly men went for a ride today.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-13-2012, 7:41 PM Reply   
Couple shots from the "No homo Manly Men club" from today

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-13-2012, 7:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf1985 View Post
You are about 12 hrs late, a couple of us manly men went for a ride today.
Indeed we did RAF (no homo)

I've got some pics also to prove it

The clouds today looked like something from the Simpsons or toy story
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-13-2012, 7:52 PM Reply   
Hahaha! Thx for posting my white pOwer tantrum. Along with my air roll to the faccceee!
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-13-2012, 8:00 PM Reply   
hahaha had to. Here are a couple more

Here's why your board has a ding in front

and in the middle

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-13-2012, 8:13 PM Reply   
Oh man, so many excuses as to why i sucked. I guess I'm just gonna have to either blame the boat... Or the driver...
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-13-2012, 8:33 PM Reply   
I'll take the blame for half of the buoy jumps but the rest is on the rider. I cant wait to go out again.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-14-2012, 7:28 AM Reply   
That shot of Curt going "roll to facee".......hilarious
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-14-2012, 4:17 PM Reply   
hahaha it was pretty great. I think he missed the roller or something because he landed 2 other clean rolls that day before that little incident.
Old     (Jester327)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-14-2012, 6:13 PM Reply   
My name is Jeff, not really sure what to say other than I'm looking to be a third. I have a board/bindings/vest and wetsuit so I'm good to go anytime year round. I'm a descent boarder but not amazing and certainly not a beginner. I had shoulder surgery last year from screwing up my shoulder landing a tantrum and I'm looking t get back in the swing of things. My number is 540 209 0158. I'm not sure if I'm doing this in the right place but if yall ever need another rider I would love to go.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-17-2012, 5:41 PM Reply   
So Coon and RAF have already know/seen these pics. But for everyone else
OMG23!

Went out on it Friday to blown out saguaro with Mr. action water sports to demo with some customers. Was able to surf the G but wakeboard conditions were crappy.

Sorry i didn't take too many pics this time. Next time I'm on the G I'll try to take a few of the surf wave and wakeboard wave.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-17-2012, 7:19 PM Reply   
So sick fool
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-20-2012, 5:04 PM Reply   
Just wanted to give another "Public" thanks to Curt and Ryan for having me out on their boats this summer. This summer has been one of the best of my life. I have had the opportunity to meet great people and ride more often then I ever have. THANKS GUYS! no homo.

I wish wakeworld was around when I was in High school....less football/injuries more wakeboarding
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-22-2012, 9:36 PM Reply   
^^^ you're welcome Coon.

Today was a good day for WakeSurfing. NOT WAKEBOARDING. The Sun was up by 610 the water was thrashed before 700. Now i remember why i hate wakeboarding on Saturdays... So... We surfed about 4 sets.

Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-22-2012, 10:17 PM Reply   
Bad water by 7am? I was actually debating on meeting up with you guys since I got home pretty much at the same time that you guys were going to meet up but I was kinda tipsy so I decided against it.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-22-2012, 11:03 PM Reply   
I'm surprised too on how... Poopy the water got. Surfing conditions were awesome! I would have surfed my boat bone dry but the crew had places to be in the afternoon. If there is one thing im proud about the MormonBu, it's the starboard surf wave behind it! I can't get enough of that wave, so pitted! Like that!! RAF, you probably wouldn't have made your pool party, as we didn't get back till 1230.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-22-2012, 11:20 PM Reply   
I didn't end up going anyways, I decided to take the boat to the shop to run it for a bit and see if I can get it to overheat again. Checked the impeller and changed the thermostat and it seems to run well on the hose. That doesn't mean that it will suck up the water needed to cool off though, since the hose pretty much forces the water through. I'll just have to take it for a test run I guess.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-23-2012, 10:24 AM Reply   
Great! What time are we going??
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-23-2012, 11:16 AM Reply   
Probably sometime during the week. I'm going to Cali tomorrow and should be back Tues.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-24-2012, 7:02 PM Reply   
Here's a few more from Sa turd ay.

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-29-2012, 11:25 AM Reply   
I gotta give a shout out to SteveAz and his Wife for letting me join them on there community lake, Marina Del Rey on Thursday and Friday. They both could drive the boat really well and shred the gnar!
Here's some pics from the past two days out there

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-29-2012, 2:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
I gotta give a shout out to SteveAz and his Wife for letting me join them on there community lake, Marina Del Rey on Thursday and Friday. They both could drive the boat really well and shred the gnar!
Here's some pics from the past two days out there

curt is that the one right off of eliot?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-29-2012, 3:04 PM Reply   
Joe?! You're still alive?? I haven't seen you on the threads for months and now you pop up! no it's around Guadalupe and McQueen. Close though. Where have you been hombre?
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-29-2012, 3:19 PM Reply   
Endless butter.......
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-29-2012, 5:12 PM Reply   
Playa Del Ray
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-29-2012, 5:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercoon View Post
Playa Del Ray
the community is Playa Del Rey. The lake is Marina Del Rey
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-29-2012, 5:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Joe?! You're still alive?? I haven't seen you on the threads for months and now you pop up! no it's around Guadalupe and McQueen. Close though. Where have you been hombre?
Im back! I've been back up at school in flagstaff. Been lurking around on the forums a bit, havent been posting much.

flagstaff is starting to get cold....
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-29-2012, 8:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
the community is Playa Del Rey. The lake is Marina Del Rey
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-30-2012, 9:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
Im back! I've been back up at school in flagstaff. Been lurking around on the forums a bit, havent been posting much.

flagstaff is starting to get cold....
I would have thought you would be surfing the gnar up at lake merry with Coon. Or are you like alot of the other nau students and head down to the valley any chance you get..
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-30-2012, 9:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
I would have thought you would be surfing the gnar up at lake merry with Coon. Or are you like alot of the other nau students and head down to the valley any chance you get..
Has Coon been holding out on me!?! I would be so down for a Lake Mary surf session! Only thing I've done at Lake Mary, besides getting laughed at by fish, was a winch day last year.... and unfortunately my winch is just a box of parts and my buddies been left broken since.

But nope, I typically stay in flagtown. Im one of those engineering students who spends nearly every waking hour on campus doing this ---> ....and hence the reason both winches have not been fixed...both of us are ME's and neither have any time.

You guys should get a powel trip going and pic me up on your way
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-30-2012, 10:18 PM Reply   
Oh geez, i hope i didn't throw Coon under the bus with that remark... Powell eh? I have no idea the next time I'm going back there. But i hope it's not too far down the road..