Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-01-2010, 10:48 AM Reply   
Anyone ever seen or heard of these? they look like a blast. I bet the wheels wear out extremely fast though.

from Freebord Mfg. on Vimeo.

Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-01-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
yeah...they've been around forever. I tried one about 8 years ago. I've skatboarded since a little kid and find it difficult to ride
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-01-2010, 1:14 PM Reply   
They have a brutal site setup, and their descriptions of the actual products arent that great. And yeah, i bet you do go through a lot of wheels on those things.
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-01-2010, 2:33 PM Reply   
I think i'll just stick to longboard then! I had no idea these have been around for so long, I thought they were relatively new. Just saw the video and didn't look much into it
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       03-01-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
I feel like its a rip-stick and a long-board in one. I think it would be hard to not catch an edge and go down hard on the pavement?
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-01-2010, 8:15 PM Reply   
my buddy owns one and that thing scares the heck out of me. go get one their fun if you have the balls to go that fast
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-02-2010, 10:40 AM Reply   
I saw a demo of these years ago. Looked cool. I tried to ride it and it was difficult. Never really caught on it seems like. GOod idea though.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-02-2010, 2:14 PM Reply   
There was a kid riding one of those around my neighborhood the other day. Now I know what he riding. First time I'd ever seen one. Looks a little sketchy

Kinda makes me wanna get one and go bomb some parking garages though