Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    waketech            02-25-2005, 10:39 PM Reply   
There is an DIY article on ballast systems and I have the following question.

on the one pump system how are you ensured that no air is in the bags or do you need vents of some sort ?

Thanks
Old     (leafster)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-25-2005, 11:08 PM Reply   
The best way to go is to put a vent in each bag through the hull and use a one way check valve in line so that when the bag is full, it will overflow the water and any air out. The check valve will not allow air or water back into the bag so it keeps it air free and if you use a reversing pump, it will pump that baby dead flat.
Old    waketech            02-25-2005, 11:20 PM Reply   
could I tie the three vents into the bilge line and use the existing hull thru ? I would put a check valve before the vent tie in point on the bilge pump line. Also I assume I would use a smaller diameter vent line than the fill line or would this restriction over pressure/inflate the sacs ?
Old    waketech            02-25-2005, 11:22 PM Reply   
that doesn't sound too clear, the check valve on the bilge line before the vent line tie in would prevent back flow to the bilge pump.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-26-2005, 11:26 AM Reply   
do a search and you should find everything you need
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-27-2005, 1:00 AM Reply   
There is a new ballast system kit to help DIY'ers to build an OEM level automatic ballast system:

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/wakeboard_boat_ballast_systems/boat_ballast_v_drive_standard

Not all of the versions are up on the site yet and the images aren't up yet but will be very soon. Jason at Wakeside can answer any questions.

Jason: 1-866-925-3743 x1814