Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-10-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
We've been putting together a site www.minnesotawakeboarder.com . It is still under construction, but it should be finished in the next couple weeks.

The Minnesota riding scene was really strong last year, and we've got some good support forming in Minnesota to make it even better this coming year. So check the site out and let us know what you think.

Russ
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-10-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
I'll be checkin' that out. There is a site called mnboardsports.com that just started a little bit ago. A couple of wakeboarders are on it but mostly snowboarders. I would love to check your new site just dedicated to wakeboarding. I'm guessing from your name there will be a lot of west wisconies on it also. Keep us informed. I just snowboard in the winter for something to do.
Old     (lil_braswell)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-11-2006, 6:26 AM Reply   
Great idea man. Should be pretty cool once it is up. Keep me up to date too, as for the snowboarding in MN, just went on Sunday and golfed 3 holes at afton apls afterwards. It was kind of odd.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-11-2006, 6:40 AM Reply   
THats what I am talking about! Good work man. I will get together some insrtuctionals for the site this week. Minnesota is the best state to ride in during the summer. 10,000 basically un-regualted lakes. Check it out I am the Logo on minnesotawakeboarder.com YES!
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-11-2006, 8:37 AM Reply   
Andy- Hells yeah...

Nick in the TC- I don't live in Wisconsin anymore nor do I have an x-star. Although I did when I registered at WW in 2002 :-) I do still get some riding done in WI, and know a lot of sconies.. haha... I am betting that some western wisconsin riders will be on minnesotawakeboarder.com though.

I was thinking this spring we should have minnesotawakeboarder.com get together as long as you guys don't mind riding behind a Supra 21v instead of X-Star.. :-)

Ryan- hopefully we will get some decent snow this Winter to hold us over until Spring.
Old     (soccerfreak785)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-11-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
sounds sweet! I too am a minnesota boarder, although I've only been getting out for about a week each summer for the last couple of years. I'll have a lot more time this summer though and I'm looking forward to seriously improving my skills!

Can't wait to see the site
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-11-2006, 8:47 AM Reply   
Sick! This looks like a promissing site. We Gotta Represent!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-11-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
I concurr
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-11-2006, 12:18 PM Reply   
Hey Ryan-What's up? How was the snowboarding!Let's get out soon.
Old     (wakeridergirl)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-11-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
I agree great site - I like it!
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-12-2006, 5:51 AM Reply   
Minnesota is definitely representin'. We have almost 30 riders signed up at www.minnesotawakeboarder.com . The 2007 Minnesota riding scene is gonna' be crazy!
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-12-2006, 8:02 AM Reply   
Looks like I gotta get on that! Can't wait for next season!
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-12-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
Looks sweet. I'm hoping Spirit Mountain can tide my over until next season.
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-13-2006, 5:30 AM Reply   
I hear ya about not being able to wait until next season. I am just hoping that maybe we can get some decent snow to make the Winter go by quickly.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-13-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
Hey we are midwesterners, all we need is cold temps a frozen water!
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-13-2006, 4:32 PM Reply   
When was the last time you remember a GOOD winter with tons of snow? I remember one about 10 years ago. If it rains a little more I might have to mow my grass for the first time in like 2 months or more. Maybe Al Gore is really on to something. I won't expect anymore good snow till after the first of the year anymore. But warmer weather means earlier spring which sounds good to me.
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-13-2006, 7:28 PM Reply   
Yeah, I hear ya. I think the last GOOD Winter was about 10 years ago. But I would be happy with a decent Winter, so we have a little more snow than ice.

An earlier Spring is always a plus, but sometimes warmer weather just means a milder Winter, but a long one, nonetheless. It would be fun to start riding in early March instead of April.
Old     (richmondrider)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-13-2006, 8:26 PM Reply   
I had a thought...Break out the chain saws, cut a long channel in the ice, add a slider and a winch, and you're good to go.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-14-2006, 6:49 AM Reply   
Jake,

You get it set up and I will be ther.
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-14-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
Well, if you guys build it, I'll bring the camera. I'd wait for the ice to get a little thicker though. I kinda' like the idea of an indoor rail jam a little more.
Old     (wakeridergirl)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-18-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
I am looking forward to the Minneapolis boat show. Anyone else going?
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-18-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
When is it? Convention center this year? I havent gone in the past, is it worth it. My dad is into houseboating and Im with the wake, would it be something for both of us, or is a ton of larson/bass boats...
Old     (wakeridergirl)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-18-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
There are all kinds of boats there. There are usually a lot of fishing boats, run-abouts, and other misc. boats, but there are also many, many wakeboard boats too!
Here's the info:
January 17-21, 2007 at the: Minneapolis Convention Center 1301 2nd Avenue South Minneapolis, MN 55403 http://www.minneapolisboatshow.com/
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-18-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
Only Mastercraft and Malibu are well represented at the Minneapolis show. I'm from Seattle ( and that boat show is unbelievable) and used to seeing EVERY manufacturer including MB, Supra, Nautique,Tige. Etc with their entire line on the floor. Last year there was maybe ONE boat from these guys. I guess if you're looking for anything other than a Mastercraft or Malibu you're out of luck here in the cities. There's also only one equipment shop at the show. Not to knock it too much, but for a city the size of Minneapolis with all of the boating that goes on around here- the show is VERY weighted toward fishing and run-abouts ( to echo Andrea's point)- I think it's kind of lame if you're a boarder.
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-18-2006, 2:39 PM Reply   
Supra and Moomba are represented very well at the show. Forest Lake Motor Sports had 3-4 Moombas and at least two Supras last year. Matt Brown from Skiers Choice was also there for questions about those two lines. I believe there were also a few Nautiques at the Nautique dealer as well. Shawn Watson was their last year to answer questions about the Nautiques also. Mastercraft and Malibu do an excellent job of bringing much of their line to the show. Midwest Mastercraft also does a great job of having a lot of the new gear on hand too. Hopefully, as the riding scene in Minnesota grows so will the number of wakeboard boats at the show.

I will admit there are tons of fishing and run-abouts at the show though.