Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-18-2012, 6:31 PM Reply   
^so you got a year on me......
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-18-2012, 6:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf1985 View Post
I'll be hitting up saguaro tomorrow around 10am.

My buddy just bought a turdly $900 fishing boat and we are going to build a rail on it.
I will be at work.....you guys are all old farts. But i can still bring beer
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-18-2012, 9:54 PM Reply   
Are you even old enough to buy beer. . . .
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-18-2012, 11:05 PM Reply   
I'll bring the apple-tinis and cosmos
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-20-2012, 5:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
Are you even old enough to buy beer. . . .
YEA! I still can't rent a car though... thats like 23 or 25?

Last edited by ilikebeaverandboats; 06-20-2012 at 5:32 PM.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-20-2012, 10:09 PM Reply   
25; damn you guys are making me feel OLD. sadly its much worse (age difference) when I go ride with the WakeDevils
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-20-2012, 10:32 PM Reply   
Hey i'm 26 but act like i'm 10 (according to the wife)
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-20-2012, 10:36 PM Reply   
Funny, my wife says the same thing about me. Maybe they know each other. I'm used to riding with an older crowd I guess
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-20-2012, 11:24 PM Reply   
hahaha me too. Most people I know are in the late 20's early 30's. Even my wife has a few years on me.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-21-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
Ok you're freaking me out, Cuz. . . My wife has a few years on me too. Except she says she looks younger than me.

Anyways ill be out at pleasant this Saturday for the AWA comp. Not riding but as one of the boat drivers, Gonna takes the 2012 Byerly boat for a spin
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-21-2012, 6:20 PM Reply   
I'm camping at Bartlett Friday/Saturday... Leaving tomorrow at 3 PM. Last chance... I'm serving pie and icecream...

If anyone wants to ride on Saturday morning through early afternoon text me by Friday at 3, we have plenty of room.

BTW, Durty it sounds like you're a traitor... What would the only dealer in town say? I'm loyal to people, not brands...

Last edited by Tucker_McElroy; 06-21-2012 at 6:22 PM.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-21-2012, 6:41 PM Reply   
Curt you lucky dog you!

But man, you guys have wives too !? .....so do we need to cancel the "boobs" part of the boobs ballast and bacon extravaganza?? I mean, not including curt's own contribution to the ( . ) ( . )
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-21-2012, 9:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker_McElroy View Post
I'm camping at Bartlett Friday/Saturday... Leaving tomorrow at 3 PM. Last chance... I'm serving pie and icecream...

If anyone wants to ride on Saturday morning through early afternoon text me by Friday at 3, we have plenty of room.

BTW, Durty it sounds like you're a traitor... What would the only dealer in town say? I'm loyal to people, not brands...
Say what. . . How am I betraying you? Just Cuz I'm not tight with century marine? Or that its been months since i've spent a day on the golden calf.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-21-2012, 10:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ok you're freaking me out, Cuz. . . My wife has a few years on me too. Except she says she looks younger than me.

Anyways ill be out at pleasant this Saturday for the AWA comp. Not riding but as one of the boat drivers, Gonna takes the 2012 Byerly boat for a spin
Hahaha maybe we are related somehow.

I'll be at pleasant on sunday with a couple guys with stand-ups. I doubt I'll ride but these guys swear they found a spot that has nice water all day. We'll see.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-21-2012, 10:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
Curt you lucky dog you!

But man, you guys have wives too !? .....so do we need to cancel the "boobs" part of the boobs ballast and bacon extravaganza?? I mean, not including curt's own contribution to the ( . ) ( . )
Yeah Joe, that's what happens when you get as old as us. I'm sure we can "squeeze" the boobs into the name still. I already told mine the name and she asked, what boobs have you called to go? I dare not to open that can of worms. . .
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-21-2012, 10:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Curt you lucky dog you!

Even chicks appreciate a nice rack
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-21-2012, 10:15 PM Reply   
^^^^ +1
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-22-2012, 8:59 AM Reply   
Quote:

Say what. . . How am I betraying you? Just Cuz I'm not tight with century marine? Or that its been months since i've spent a day on the golden calf.
Durty,
You are making me worry about you... You have been away to long, I'm just giving you a hard time. What are these kids teaching you?
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-23-2012, 8:06 PM Reply   
Anyone going to be at pleasant tomorrow? I'll be making the long ass haul from the east valley in hopes that everyone else's boat is broken down and I'll be the only one out there.

Realistically I'll probably end up drinking in a cove though.
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-23-2012, 8:35 PM Reply   
Curt and Raf - I hope you will feel yourself as 10 years boys even after 50. Keep your boobs in mind!
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-23-2012, 8:52 PM Reply   
^boobs are usually in mind, I'm not too worried
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-24-2012, 6:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Durty,
You are making me worry about you... You have been away to long, I'm just giving you a hard time. What are these kids teaching you?
I'm doing well neck bone. They're teaching me everything you may despise. Wakesurfing port, starboard, driving on the wrong side of the lake, etc
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-24-2012, 7:49 PM Reply   
Well the AWA competition went well! And the Byerly boat (thank you Action Water Sports) was amazing!! Mr BombWake (Trian) did most of the driving, along with Glen Coy. As me and Ryan Platt (WakeDevils president) did most of the judging for the day. Was able to drive the boat towards the end and also get a pull.
this boat is awesome. we ran factory ballast along with 700# in the back with 600# in the bow + 7 peeps. Boat handled great, and could hand the chop like a champ!

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-24-2012, 8:07 PM Reply   
This early morning was spectacular also!

Trian found a noodle floating while he was riding.

And I was extremely sunburnt (from yesterdays AWA comp) so I had to wear sun protection at all times. . .
Old     (Masterblast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-26-2012, 12:12 PM Reply   
just joined this site to seek out others with same interest, any cool guys/ladies looking to join up to head out to the lake this weekend??
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-26-2012, 1:20 PM Reply   
I'll be at saguaro tomorrow for a family friendly day
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-26-2012, 4:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf1985 View Post
I'll be at saguaro tomorrow for a family friendly day
I will do my best to be out there. If not, i should be there thurs/fri...
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-28-2012, 2:26 PM Reply   
Saturday?
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-29-2012, 9:21 AM Reply   
Anyone?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-04-2012, 7:20 PM Reply   
Happy 4th guys! This morning was crazy, but we managed to still have fun!

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-04-2012, 7:21 PM Reply   
Sorry Spencer, i didn't get any pictures of ya this time
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-04-2012, 7:28 PM Reply   
How was it out there with the rain? Wasn't windy at all around here, I bet it was AWESOME! Every attempt to get my crew together has been a total failure this summer. Bumming. been out 3 times since May.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-04-2012, 8:38 PM Reply   
First set was beautiful. It sprinkled a bit when we were wiping down around noon and around 1030 the winds were picking up
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-04-2012, 8:48 PM Reply   
When we were leaving the fuzz was out in full force. We saw a few people getting pulled for drinking

Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-05-2012, 12:49 AM Reply   
We were going to go out but saw the weather and decided not to. Ended up at tempe town lake for the fireworks instead. Talk about a hoodrat hangout spot!
Old     (Masterblast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-05-2012, 6:28 AM Reply   
Hey DC (durty_curt) for when you guys were wakesurfing what size of the two boards are you guys using??
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-05-2012, 1:24 PM Reply   
Hey Durty,
I never have got used to a light
board. I can't get used to one.
I'm used to a heavy board.

You prefer a heavy or light board?

BTW, anyone want to go Saturday?
Old     (Masterblast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-05-2012, 1:34 PM Reply   
For saturday what lake you going? I'd go if I got a crew together.....anyone looking to be thirds? 2s 4ths.......
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-05-2012, 2:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterblast View Post
For saturday what lake you going? I'd go if I got a crew together.....anyone looking to be thirds? 2s 4ths.......
I go to Bartlett... all day. I think I have a crew, but like always, we have plenty of room!
Old     (Masterblast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-05-2012, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
I go to Bartlett... all day. I think I have a crew, but like always, we have plenty of room!
If you have plenty of room and dont mind just one to join, I'm thinking about it at the moment.....if i make up my mind to come.......what time you leaving out? Number i can reach you at on the first page of this site??
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-05-2012, 2:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterblast View Post
Hey DC (durty_curt) for when you guys were wakesurfing what size of the two boards are you guys using??
Oh gosh i dunno. Those two you see are my friends boards. The one Tebowing is the liquid force three fin thruster (2012). And the one I'm double fisting is a 2012 liquid force TC. I don't know the size of the TC or thruster. But if you look on the LF website i know there both the smaller size they offer
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-05-2012, 2:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hey Durty,
I never have got used to a light
board. I can't get used to one.
I'm used to a heavy board.

You prefer a heavy or light board?

BTW, anyone want to go Saturday?
Wasn't the cartel light? Or does it feel heavy to you? Even the natural, decade, format are light in my eyes. Last one i remember being heavy was Lantz' Hyperlite era
Old     (Masterblast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-05-2012, 2:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Oh gosh i dunno. Those two you see are my friends boards. The one Tebowing is the liquid force three fin thruster (2012). And the one I'm double fisting is a 2012 liquid force TC. I don't know the size of the TC or thruster. But if you look on the LF website i know there both the smaller size they offer
Thanks, i just was wondering if your using longer boards than i try on......cause from the pics you guys make it look easy with no rope.....
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-05-2012, 2:53 PM Reply   
If anyone wants to go this Saturday we have room. Split the cost of gas and food...

- We will leave my house at 7 AM, unless everyone agrees to leave earlier. I will go as early as 5 AM.
- We stop at the gas station to fill up the truck and boat and then at the grocery store to buy food and drinks.
- Once we get to the lake we will wakeboard till it gets choppy and rough.
- We take a long lunch (sometimes 4-5 hours) eat, hike, swim, play horseshoes, football, etc...
- When the water starts to calm down we then wakeboard till dark or till we run out of gas.
- We wipe down and clean the boat, usually in the dark.
- On the way home we usually stop someplace in Cave Creek, lately it's been at Big Earl's.
- We usually get home late, anywhere from 9-12...

We do not wakesurf! The boat is an '06 SAN with Perfect Pass and either stock ballast or with Big Bertha and the Twins on board which frightens some people!

Four8zero two2six 3six2nine

We need at least on person to go the full day with us, if we get a third, then I will let people go a half day if they want. The cost depends on the amount of people and what you eat at Big Earl's.
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-07-2012, 10:46 PM Reply   
Damn, Master-Blaster runs bartertown!

Don't go telling about arch/land bridge secret riding spot at saguaro!,
Old     (Phoenix_Winch)      Join Date: Jan 2011       07-09-2012, 10:44 AM Reply   
I would be willing to come out next time and could swing a full day, text me at 602-299-6802
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-09-2012, 2:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Winch View Post
I would be willing to come out next time and could swing a full day, text me at 602-299-6802
Will do...

I don't think I am going out this weekend, unless Durty comes with. My official driver is going home for vacation and I will probably go to Chevelon or Blue Ridge this weekend.

Next weekend for sure.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2012, 8:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Will do...

I don't think I am going out this weekend, unless Durty comes with. My official driver is going home for vacation and I will probably go to Chevelon or Blue Ridge this weekend.

Next weekend for sure.
BLUE RIDGE! gonna do some rock climbing or some fishing? Ive been meaning to make it up there but never got around to it......

I was hoping to get a group to go up to wet beaver creek near sedona....the crack is awesome! and worth the 4 mile hike
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-10-2012, 1:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
BLUE RIDGE! gonna do some rock climbing or some fishing? Ive been meaning to make it up there but never got around to it......

I was hoping to get a group to go up to wet beaver creek near sedona....the crack is awesome! and worth the 4 mile hike
Joe,
Blue Ridge is bad for fishing for the next several years. Last year they drained the entire lake and all the generational fish died. Currently the only fish in the lake are the yearlings that they stock. The forest service website says that they are going to drain it again this year for more damn work.

Chevelon Canyon Reservoir is great for fishing though...

I would like to do some slacklining at Blue Ridge for sure though. I found several places that I could string up a line over the water. Some day... I'm keeping my eyes out for a cheap canoe on craigslist...
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2012, 1:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Joe,
Blue Ridge is bad for fishing for the next several years. Last year they drained the entire lake and all the generational fish died. Currently the only fish in the lake are the yearlings that they stock. The forest service website says that they are going to drain it again this year for more damn work.

Chevelon Canyon Reservoir is great for fishing though...

I would like to do some slacklining at Blue Ridge for sure though. I found several places that I could string up a line over the water. Some day... I'm keeping my eyes out for a cheap canoe on craigslist...
Good to know, I would have blamed my lack of catch on my poor fishing skills rather than the lack of fish....much like lake mary....per my own experience, there are NO fish in lake Mary, I don't care what anyone says.....they just aren't there, I've tried for 2 years....not even a nibble....

Any idea on when blue ridge will be drained? I'm trying to go camp out there and do some climbing.

"the crack" at wet beaver has a bolt w/ hanger and a tree so you can set up a line....it's sorta sketchy to step off because the tree is very far back from the edge so it's like starting 15 feet out on the line.....but im thinking you can fix that issue if you have a set of nuts and some cord to build an anchor with, but I didn't look around much last time I was there. Slack lining is fun!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-12-2012, 3:00 PM Reply   
Sorry haven't been on here in a while, i randomly don't Get all the email notifications from the threads I've post on.
Anyways.. Sorry bocephus, I'm gonna be at pleasant again for the final AWA comp.
SADLY i got word that the G23 just left Florida yesterday and won't be in action water sports hands until next week some time. So the comp will just have to be pulled by the Byerly boat again. Hard knock life
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-13-2012, 10:28 AM Reply   
Was gonna go to saguaro today but the weather didn't look too great. Saw my neighbor rolling out with his boat.
Old     (Masterblast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-13-2012, 6:30 PM Reply   
Heeeeeey Rack City B***** had a blast wakeboarding Thanks to Tucker and his best friend that is one good driver......Tucker gotta check this out

Hydro wake skate kneeboarding!!!!

http://youtu.be/5lBLWF2h_hU

Last edited by Masterblast; 07-13-2012 at 6:31 PM. Reason: added
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-14-2012, 8:36 PM Reply   
Ya know I'm not a fan of black on boats....

But dam does this boat look beautiful behind my truck!i!

Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-14-2012, 8:42 PM Reply   
That boat looks dope. Truck needs some shoes though man!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-14-2012, 9:06 PM Reply   
In the words of Jay Z "no chrome on the wheels, I'm a Baller for reals!" (durt off yo shoulders)
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-14-2012, 9:14 PM Reply   
I was thinking more along the lines of all black wheels actually.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-14-2012, 9:15 PM Reply   
This Saturday was fantastic! Probably the best conditions an awa comp has ever had!

at 8am it rained for about 20 minutes and that was it for the day (at least for the comp)

Didn't bring my wakeboard this time to shred(planned on just boat driving and judging), but i definitely regret leaving it at home. Once again the Byerly performed great!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-14-2012, 9:30 PM Reply   
Another fun time, with a good turn out as well. Thank you Robbie w/ ACTION WATER SPORTS, Mike Capuzzo, cici & the entire AWA crew, Ahrens dad picking up peeps on the jet ski, Mike Niemic judging nearly the whole time, Glen Coy for being boat driver as well, and all the riders!
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-16-2012, 10:05 AM Reply   
So after all that rain the lake levels go down?
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-17-2012, 10:30 PM Reply   
Anyone for Saturday?
Old     (Masterblast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-18-2012, 6:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Anyone for Saturday?
I'll be headed out there this saturday....
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-18-2012, 7:50 AM Reply   
I'm dying to go out but I blew a radiator hose on the dune buggy yesterday and now the left half of my back is a big 2nd degree burn. I dont think its a good idea to be out in the sun for a while.
Old     (brillo)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-18-2012, 8:11 AM Reply   
i could use some sun Saturday if someones open...
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-18-2012, 1:52 PM Reply   
raf- where were you? The only place I'd consider taking my rail would be the cinders this time of year.
I've had a radiator cap spray and get a back passengers wet, luckily just a little hair before we threw a towel on it. scary thing to happen.
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-18-2012, 2:47 PM Reply   
Well, let me know who wants to come out with us on my boat... otherwise, I'll make other plans...
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-18-2012, 7:33 PM Reply   
I was rollin down ironwood on the way to the shop. As you can see, it's kinda multi-purpose, not strictly sand.

Old     (cccbuilders)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-19-2012, 8:57 PM Reply   
Thanks DC!!! and also thanks for helping out with the boat, driving and everything else from the tourney at the AWA! If you ever down for week day riding , hit me up!
text or call 4 eight 0 two three one 4 two 8 seven
^^^^^ RAF that pic above....I want a ride in that thing!!!
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-19-2012, 9:35 PM Reply   
Its pretty fun. Feel free to hit me up for a ride whenever you are in the east mesa area. I'm just going to fix the coolant hoses first because if you saw a pic of what it did to my back you would probably puke. Its borderline skin graft status.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-19-2012, 11:01 PM Reply   
Thanks Mike, some time down the road I'll have to hit you up on that.

This just in (mike i already know you saw the pics but...) Action water sports just got their first Nautique G23 in!

Rolled in this evening, and if you guys know Ahren then you can tell how big this beast is!

I'm gonna have to go by myself and check it out. And pick up my freshly detailed boat. . .
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-20-2012, 10:45 AM Reply   
Is that G23 sold or for sale?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-20-2012, 2:32 PM Reply   
It is for sale.
The guys over at action called me today and asked if i wanted to go out on it this after noon! Sadly I'll still be working
Here's another pic they posted

Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-20-2012, 5:51 PM Reply   
Matt,
Did you find a ride for Saturday?

480-226-3629
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-22-2012, 11:26 PM Reply   
You his missed out on one fun weekend. . .
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-22-2012, 11:47 PM Reply   
Did you guys get hit by that? We got plastered here in East Mesa. Sucks too because I just power washed all of the floors at my warehouse that morning to get all the dust out.Not sure what it looks like now but I don't even want to go back.
Old     (brillo)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-23-2012, 11:35 AM Reply   
I didn't tucker but I'll hit you up later on see if you'll be out this weekend.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-24-2012, 7:06 AM Reply   
Yeah got hit hard when i rolled thru, large swells, pleasant harbor Marina lost power and paramedics were showing up. We had plenty of bumpers, rope, and the cover so the g23 was all good. Except we had to wait out the storm till about 10pm!

Here's another comparison pick, i still can't get over the height/depth of this thing.
Old     (latestarter)      Join Date: May 2007       07-25-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
i need a pull badly my regular crew just aint goin out enough im good for gas, cleaning, and whatever else. hit me up at 6026973585 im east valley so saguaro or canyon best for me. thx guys
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-26-2012, 6:01 PM Reply   
Anyone up for Saturday?
Old     (brillo)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-26-2012, 7:21 PM Reply   
@tucker I'm in..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2