Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wswb4lfe)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-11-2012, 4:22 PM Reply   
What kind of guitars do you guys play? Acoustic or Electric or both? Let's hear what you got.
Old     (cragrat)      Join Date: Mar 2012       11-11-2012, 4:33 PM Reply   
Keyboardist at heart... but I do have and Ibanez acoustic that I play for my own enjoyment and other people's amusement...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-11-2012, 5:17 PM Reply   
still learning...

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-11-2012, 5:19 PM Reply   
another one

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-11-2012, 7:28 PM Reply   
^Sounding good Joe.

I started at 50 (57 now) and really enjoy it. Definitely still learning. I'm not that musically inclined. I generally play electric. Here's my songs on soundcloud. Most are just improvised using a looper and drum machine on my Zoom G3 multifx box.

http://soundcloud.com/fly135/sets/favmix-1/
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-11-2012, 9:16 PM Reply   
Been playing for ~14 years now (crazy to think about), and also build custom acoustic guitars (building for probably 10yrs). Have never really liked playing electric, so have stuck primarily with acoustics, and for the past four years have really been picking up 12-strings over the 6.

Last edited by sinkoumn; 11-11-2012 at 9:20 PM.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-12-2012, 5:14 AM Reply   
My dad is a guitar player so I've messed with it since I was a child. Got more into it in my early 20's and gravitated to playing bass. Played in a band with my youngest brother for a few years, I have guitars/basses, all electric. If the interweb wasn't so permanent, Id dig up a pic from those days, lol! y'all would get a kick out of that for sure. I don't play em much anymore, but still hold onto them just in case an opportunity comes up to play somewhere.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       11-12-2012, 6:36 AM Reply   
Love playing my guitar, i've been playing since i was about 10 (29 now). I haven't touched my electric in years. I got a Taylor 810 several years ago and its the best guitar i've ever played. I'll never get rid of it.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-14-2012, 7:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
^Sounding good Joe.

I started at 50 (57 now) and really enjoy it. Definitely still learning. I'm not that musically inclined. I generally play electric. Here's my songs on soundcloud. Most are just improvised using a looper and drum machine on my Zoom G3 multifx box.

http://soundcloud.com/fly135/sets/favmix-1/
Those are great John. May I use a tune or two in a video about dirtbiking or wakeboarding? I'm always looking for something different.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-14-2012, 10:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardingdad View Post
Those are great John. May I use a tune or two in a video about dirtbiking or wakeboarding? I'm always looking for something different.
Thanks wakeboardingdad... Feel free to use anything. I'm flattered.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-03-2012, 2:52 PM Reply   
I play an American Telecaster, P-Bass, Martin Acoustic, and a kit guitar my grandfather built for me which is modeled after a Martin dreadnought. Here's a video I made while testing my camera's built in microphone. This guitar is the one my grandfather built

Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-05-2012, 7:44 AM Reply   
Here's another audio test of my GoPro in low light. The guitar I'm using is the American Telecaster through a Fender Champ 600

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-05-2012, 11:23 AM Reply   
Ryan, that's cool that you Grandfather made that guitar. Have you ever tried to enlist his help to make one yourself? Is the Champ 600 the only amp you play though? Got a pedalboard?

I just recently picked up an EHX SuperEgo and set up a new pedalboard. Here's a looped demo (Zoom G3 looper/drums) I did right after I got it. I'm big into FX to cover up my mediocre playing.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3345452/sup...ample_loop.mp3
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-05-2012, 4:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Ryan, that's cool that you Grandfather made that guitar. Have you ever tried to enlist his help to make one yourself? Is the Champ 600 the only amp you play though? Got a pedalboard?

I just recently picked up an EHX SuperEgo and set up a new pedalboard. Here's a looped demo (Zoom G3 looper/drums) I did right after I got it. I'm big into FX to cover up my mediocre playing.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3345452/sup...ample_loop.mp3
Thanks! The guitar my grandpa built is probably my favorite other than my dad's 1952 Gibson es-125.

I've never asked my grandpa for help building one. To be honest, I'm terrified of how it would come out! I'm positive he would help me though, he's been building things since before I was born. Tractors, boats, guitars, work sheds, quads, wooden models... you name it, he's built it. I have been flirting with the idea of making some wakeskates though. I think that would be much simpler than a guitar!

I only play through the champ 600 and my PA system currently, I recently sold my '59 reissue bassman to a hipster on craigslist. I might be in the market in a few months for a new amp, I'm thinking a Vox ac30 maybe? I'm not playing through a board really right now, I try to keep it as simple as I can. I use a Marshall GV-2 Gov'nor pedal for some crunch and a tuner. That's all I've needed for quite some time. I usually play clean mostly Americana/Texas country type of music but every now and then I'll click on the gov'nor and get after it.

I listened to your loop just now, it sounded great. Reminded me of Incubus in their olden days.

Here's my father's 52 es-125 that I mentioned above.. Please excuse my disheveled look, it was a late night...

Here's a closeup of the Telecaster I was playing the video

Last edited by petrie141; 12-05-2012 at 4:22 PM.
Old     (wisconsinjoker)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-13-2012, 10:30 PM Reply   
I have 3 BC Rich warlocks. one cherry red with EMG's. One gloss black with regular bc rich humbuckers, one gloss black with white tribal with the humbuckers. one LTD viper 10 (my first guitar love the look love the sound) one LTD F-100 (one of my favorite shapes) and a fernandes with active humbucker, single coil, and sustainer. also have a warlock bass, and an ibanez bass. silver, gonna put blue strings on it. my main instrument is a tama swingstar drumset though.