Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    grizzle            08-29-2003, 5:56 AM Reply   
jakeman,
actually going to Vegas in Feb. already saving money for that.
Old    jakeman            08-29-2003, 7:40 AM Reply   
clay

stay @ NYNY it's da bomb

go to Club Paradise -topless bar-ask for Duke he will give u VIP-tip him a $20

watch my video "Skinny on Vegas"- Jesse tells you every hot spot

if you want to win money -go to the Stardust to gamble

have fun

late/jake
Old    jakeman            08-29-2003, 7:52 AM Reply   
EE

looks like Oct-Feb will be a very extreme time

bring it
Old    jakeman            08-29-2003, 9:00 PM Reply   
EE

slide show of building the slider is sweet
www.watercraven.com

you have to check it!

late/jake
Old    atom_ant            08-30-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
jake
jackson hole sounds great!
leaving to go there christmas day, but hey, one trip is not enough. ummmm.. I better get a job.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-02-2003, 2:02 PM Reply   
yo, is CAMPING going to be available? not RV, not cabin, i am talking tent style? need some cheap lodging for us cheap college kids.
Old    leggester            09-02-2003, 2:59 PM Reply   
On a side note about J-hole. Watch the safety checks if I udnerstand correctly.

Due to some extremely stupid accidents last year in Co and Wy, there may be a bit more of a patrol presence.

Back to topic.
Old    jakeman            09-02-2003, 10:22 PM Reply   
matt
thanks for the info

late/jake
Old    jakeman            09-03-2003, 2:59 PM Reply   
EE

I think the took the haters post down

F-them

late/jake
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-03-2003, 8:34 PM Reply   
So we announced this tournament to 150+ people that came to the gator wake and ski club callout tonight. Perhaps we could get a solid 20-30 people to come. You are going to let us tent camp, right?
Old    jakeman            09-03-2003, 8:56 PM Reply   
Tim
sleep where ever u want -just show up

late/jake
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-04-2003, 7:28 PM Reply   
Tim,

Thanks for your help!! You guys are more than welcome to tent camp at my house. Let me know a head of time how many so I can layout sites. I have a boat ramp next to my house as well, if you are bringing your boat.

Jakeman,

The hater's thing didn't go over to well. I guess I'll have to vent elsewhere. Austin and I landed front 360's off the slider today. Next is the blind side slide. Got to let'me drop a little lower for this one.

Matt,

Deep in the trees is where they'll fine me.

Cyo's,

Eric

Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-04-2003, 10:32 PM Reply   
Eric, I'll get a feel for the numbers and we'll let you know, and we will be bringing my boat for sure and probably another one.
Old    leggester            09-05-2003, 7:42 AM Reply   
EE, hehehe, yep! If they 'find' you, they 'fine' you.

Shouldn't be a big deal if you keep it in the out back. If you like J-hole, you'd like Telluride also, BTW.

We got a 20 year old college kid from TX doing hard time here for being hammered and boarding through a children's ski school class.

have fun, be safe.
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-05-2003, 3:18 PM Reply   
Tim,

Sounds good. Happy Campers only!

Matt,

Sorry about the spelling I just moved back to Florida via CO and TX.

EE
Old    jakeman            09-05-2003, 4:09 PM Reply   
ya what he said

(Message edited by jakeman on September 05, 2003)
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-05-2003, 4:20 PM Reply   
someone piled thru a childrens ski class? thats classic! he musta been drunk,,someone stoned woulda just eaten the snacks and took a nap! LOL
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-07-2003, 6:13 PM Reply   
Lastest Contestant Dustin Syder (Ripper), Mike Snyner (Dad), The Reynolds Crew with a (9) year old Shredding Grommet from St. Pete.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-07-2003, 6:22 PM Reply   
good news, i took my boat out today for the first time in 4 weeks. my friends all rode and I drove and bumped the tunes
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-08-2003, 9:37 PM Reply   
Bad weekend! The White Trash Tow boat is out of commision. So went to Tampa to ride. I guess I'm not the only one with boat problems. The Boat in Tampa would not work either. I got a deal working on a nice 2001 Wakesetter if any one want to get in on a timeshare. this thing is sweet. (150 Hours) Bumble bee Yellow, Tower Racks- Cd player. etc.....If you break it down it could be $150/ month per person depending upon how many. Who is in?
Old    jakeman            09-09-2003, 6:33 PM Reply   
where r u goin to keep it?

when u move to tampa u will have a lot of people throwin in on gas

late/jake
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-09-2003, 7:59 PM Reply   
Jakeman,

Hopefully I can keep it in the water full time. On a brighter note, I revived "Christine" today. She came alive with jumper cables direct to the starter. She is in for a check-up at Ski Service to aid her recovery. The tournement is growing by the day. Lakupoloza is blow'in up my brother!!!

EE
Old    jakeman            09-10-2003, 8:01 AM Reply   
she heard u talkin bout another boat and sliced her cables-give her my love

I am trying to get a dog-sitter so we can get there fri -3
it iz goin to be the shiz-bomb-itz-nitz

late/jake
Old    jakeman            09-11-2003, 11:10 AM Reply   
EE
I plan on being there fri afternoon Oct 3
anyone in st pete who wants to ride let me know

late/jake
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-11-2003, 11:15 AM Reply   
we should arrive friday evening sometime. probably 6 or 7pm
Old    grizzle            09-11-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
EE,
Will be there on Thursday night to help out. My brother with his crew and boat is also coming in Thursday night, but won't be there till 1:00 AM or so.

Jakeman,
Long time no speak. Hows it going ? Saw the video from OWC = kicked arse = nice job. Looking forward to gettin with everyone. Later all !
CST
Old    jakeman            09-11-2003, 2:46 PM Reply   
Grizzle

waz up
thanks
can't wait to tape -Lakupoloza
camera iz in da shop gettin fixed right now

it will be off da hiz-ook

late/jake
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-11-2003, 5:00 PM Reply   
Yo,Yo,

I just finished the T-shirt Design and they are getting printed. They're sweet!!! You will like them.

Clay,

We'll hit the dawn session Friday morning w/ your brother.

Tim & Jakeman,

Glad to hear you'll can make it Friday. We gonna rock the house Friday Night.

ayo's
EE
Old    jakeman            09-11-2003, 9:32 PM Reply   
jakeman

sweet!

email me a pic of the shirt

late/jake
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-11-2003, 10:48 PM Reply   
eric, I will try to get some firm numbers with regards to attendance from the UF folks this week.
Old    claids            09-14-2003, 9:20 AM Reply   
aight, im back...

ill be there

and we'll kick it like this:
http://clay.galants.com/beerbong.jpg
Old    jakeman            09-15-2003, 3:17 PM Reply   
"I'll do one."
"It's so good; once it hits your lips, it's so good!"
-Oldschool-
here comes= Jake-the-Tank
Old    claids            09-15-2003, 5:33 PM Reply   
lol AHAHHA ITS SO GOOD, ONCE IT HITS UR LIPS, AHAHAHA

lol a beer bong for the lady?
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-16-2003, 4:10 PM Reply   
Timmy, you comin,,,for sure??
hows the leg?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-16-2003, 4:57 PM Reply   
i am coming for sure. i am bringing my boat for sure. and people.

my leg is still broken, or it was at least 2 weeks ago at my last x-ray. i don't have a cast so i can swim and stuff.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-16-2003, 5:12 PM Reply   
sweet..are you coming friday or saturday?

good to hear you are doing well..I have not been on here in a while..too many haters. sick of it.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-16-2003, 5:28 PM Reply   
scroll up a bit to find out when I am coming ;)
Old    jakeman            09-16-2003, 6:56 PM Reply   
Tim

take yur time goin extreme w/ yur leg=it's not worth it....
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-16-2003, 7:49 PM Reply   
i am not going extreme till next summer when it is warm again. I might wakesurf or something in the early spring, but nothing extreme cause of tight muscles and tendons and such (cold weather)

I'll just be having fun at lakupoloza. no riding for me. perhaps some late night swimming off the boat if there aren't too many gators.

eric, have any more people signed up for the tournnament?
Old    jakeman            09-17-2003, 4:33 PM Reply   
ya my main goal it to help EE
party
and then wakeboard if I have time-LOL
Old    atom_ant            09-17-2003, 8:27 PM Reply   
Tim,
nothin to worry about with the late night swims. I do it all the time!
gators are not the problem... its "shrinkage" that you have to look out for. be careful.
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-17-2003, 10:11 PM Reply   
Speaking of whopped Gators I have been replacing my dock all week. What a chore! I have drop the jet pump it the water and have (2) concusions. A bat swam out of one of the old poles and climbed on my buddy. But all it well. I have never been so tired in my life. The dock will be ready for Lakupoloza. We can mount a spot light on the end on the dock and hit the slider all night.

I am about to pass out from sleep deviation .

Later

EE.

Tim, you leg doesnot rust when your it the water, bionic man. Just kidding.

My boat is running great. People are calling left a right about the tournament. I can't wait to ride with everyone and jam to some tunes. The moon should be almost fun around that time so we will have plenty of late night light. And some where in the worl it will alway
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-18-2003, 6:40 AM Reply   
Eric, is there camping around your house, or wehre are most people staying?? Jake said something about you had said we could stay at your house,,but I don't wanna impose and I just wanted to make sure that Jake didnt just 'invite ' himself to stay there?!!!! *just let me know, I have to know whether to pack my 'Paul Frank ' Jammie bottoms or my Victoria Secret crotchless jammie bottoms! LOL

timmy,,where you stayin??? NO SLEEPING IN THE BOATS KIDS!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-18-2003, 6:47 AM Reply   
scroll up and you'll find that we are campin on erics lawn :-) of course sleeping in the boat is not a bad option either.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-18-2003, 7:24 AM Reply   
OOOOPS! sorry tim ...Lately I just scroll right past alllll the answers I need, huh?
I just think its all about "ME" don't I ??
LOL

now, i'll ask this and THEN i'll scroll up and find the answer...how many people are coming from your riding crew??? or howmany people are you bringing? *riders or non-riders*
ok, i scrolled up,,i found that Tim will be arriving fri around 6-7 evening time...with his boat..and "X" amount of riders who will be camping out on Erics lawn...they don't call me
Sherlock Holmes for nuthin!!!! LOL

can't wait to finally meet ya Tim!!!
Don't know if I will get to ride either,,cuz I have been really sick for almost 3 weeks now..:-(
we have to see waht the doc says and how i feel...HATE IT!
Old    jakeman            09-18-2003, 7:43 PM Reply   
this shin-dig is goin' to be the bomb
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-19-2003, 8:26 AM Reply   
interest is building, getting confirmation from people. should be sweet!

is there going to be liberal amounts of frosty beverages there or should we plan on providing this?
Old    jakeman            09-20-2003, 9:00 AM Reply   
13 days left til =Lakupoloza=

I bonged 9 beers last night

I hope to be up to 12 by Oct 3

late/jake AKA "Wasted"
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-22-2003, 7:03 PM Reply   
Jakeman,

Just modified my site with the T-shirt Front as the main page.

Tim,

Kingsley Beach will be serving refreshments for all ages. Lush!

EE
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-22-2003, 7:49 PM Reply   
Tim, Eric, Clay, Austin...any of you guys tell me how to put a link on here to my video?? its not up on jakes site yet and i wanted to show it to Novak...? any help for a big breasted brunette would be much appreciated!!!!

hey Tim, can I get a pull at Laka-??? I have not boarded in over 3 weeks!!! *hope I can still do it!LOL I am almost feeling 100 percent better, but not quite..i am takin a ton of vitamins,,to get ready for the party!!!!!
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-22-2003, 7:51 PM Reply   
Eric, the shirts look SWEET! love the evolution of the wakeboarder!
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-22-2003, 8:15 PM Reply   
ok,,just as i typed that last message,,up pops my video on www.420EMPIRE.com
its called:

Jedi Angi

don't laugh at my 'cross the wake baby air'!!!
its not like some high quality video, just some footage to show my progress since i started 3 months ago...enjoy.
this if for you MIKE NOVAK! wish i had some of my good surface 180's on there...!!!!

(Message edited by wakejunkeygirl on September 22, 2003)
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-22-2003, 8:29 PM Reply   
angi, you got a pull reserved.

looks like we'll have at the following boats:

2002 wakesetter lxi, wedged sacked, its got the boom.
1998 sunsetter lx, wedged sacked(titan tower)
2001 super air probably
perhaps a 2001 (2002?) xstar

Old    atom_ant            09-22-2003, 8:37 PM Reply   
EE, sweet t-shirt design

bad news for me. I pulled my hamstring friday.
hopefully i'll be back in business for the tournament.

GO VOLS!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-22-2003, 8:43 PM Reply   
EE, also if you can e-mail me directions to where we are tent camping that would be good too. right now it is looking like 20 peeps, but that number could fluctuate as the date gets closer
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-22-2003, 8:57 PM Reply   
Tim....SWEET! YOU RULE.
cant wait to see your leg!

check out my vid guys!

DONT LAUGH!
Old    jakeman            09-22-2003, 9:24 PM Reply   
no

scr@w that

laugh yur azz off

"It's a real movie Jack" boogie nights

EE

shirt iz dope kid
that is some deep shizit

atom ant

u will just have to get "wasted"
if u don't ride

late/jake
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-23-2003, 9:24 AM Reply   
EE, perhaps you want to update the rider list to reflect who has signed up. more people on the list will prompt more people to sign up.
Old    atom_ant            09-23-2003, 8:33 PM Reply   
jake, that definitly crossed my mind a time or two, but i'd really like to do both. i'm pretty sure i'll be fine by then.
Old    blind5            09-24-2003, 9:13 AM Reply   
Hey I didn't read all of this, but i was wondering if you guys realized that your tourny is during worlds? which is only about a 2-3 hour drive or so for you guys right?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-24-2003, 9:19 AM Reply   
oh yes we know this. we'd rather ride than watch pros ride from a distance any day.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-24-2003, 9:31 AM Reply   
yeah, we are gonna hit Worlds on Sunday!!
fri/sat-laka
sun-worlds
BLASTED!
Old    jakeman            09-24-2003, 10:05 AM Reply   
Rob

worlds will be too commercial
OWC is too small for all the people that will be there
-watch out for all the red ants

"lakupoloza" will be a huge wakeboard party

late/jake
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-24-2003, 12:33 PM Reply   
Laku What G-Units!

Timmy, I justed added Kimberly Hickox to the rider list. Getting people to preregister is like pulling teeth. I have bunch of people signing up the day of the event and have no idea who they are or where there from. That is the beauty of it!
We have got a sweet tow-boat from http://www.discoverypowerboats.com

See you in club,

EE

Angie, Sweet video by the way.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-24-2003, 1:01 PM Reply   
EE can you e-mail me her e-mail address? I was trying to get ahold of her about this weekend.

thanks!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-24-2003, 1:24 PM Reply   
My name is Robyn Valdez. We live in Canyon Lake, CA. We will be out in Orlando for worlds. Can you tell me how far it is to your even from there? My kids are riding on Thursday and Friday we have Saturday open and we are game for another contest. Thanks, robyn
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-24-2003, 1:25 PM Reply   
My name is Robyn Valdez. We live in Canyon Lake, CA. We will be out in Orlando for worlds. Can you tell me how far it is to your event from Orlando?? My kids are riding on Thursday and Friday we have Saturday open and we are game for another contest. Thanks, robyn
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-24-2003, 4:02 PM Reply   
I would imagine it is just under 3 hours.
Old    jakeman            09-24-2003, 5:10 PM Reply   
Robyn

it is bout 1.5 -2 hrs

north of orlando

use mapquest.com
type in
Kingsley beach Fl
from Orlando

it will give u an idea of the location
hope your team can make it

late/jake
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-24-2003, 6:58 PM Reply   
Robyn,

We would love to have Team Valdez in the house. I read about you'll going to Indiana. Let me know if you need help with accomodations.

Driving Drivections
http://maps.yahoo.com/dd?addr=&csz=&country=us&taddr=&tcsz=Kingsley+Beac h%2C+FL&tcountry=us&oerr=-3001

EE
eric@watercraven.com
http://www.watercraven.com/Lakupoloza.htm
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-24-2003, 7:54 PM Reply   
Lakupoloza makes the local news. Thanks Barry for the photo.

Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-24-2003, 9:13 PM Reply   
maybe im missing something but it seems like it will be mostly hanging out watching others ride ...like at owc??? , so i guess its not going to be like LSF??
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-24-2003, 9:16 PM Reply   
bob, nope, many of us are bringing boats. sure there is a little amatuer tournament sat but the rest of the time will be freeriding, hanging out, partying, etc.
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-25-2003, 5:12 AM Reply   
Bob,

It could be all of what you want or nothing of what your looking for. Either way it will be there for you.

Tim,

Thanks for your support!

EE
Old    jakeman            09-25-2003, 9:42 AM Reply   
EE

bob don't even know
what's up yur sleeve

bob
I guarantee you will get to wakeboard
until you tap out

and Drew Danielo will teach you how to
wakesurf for free

so bring it

late/jake
Old    atom_ant            09-25-2003, 7:13 PM Reply   
right on!! the "lake boys" will do it up right
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-26-2003, 11:50 AM Reply   
Laku news,

Red Bull will be in the house. CWB Binding giveaway. Latest entry: Mike Hirschman, a ten year old ripper. I haven't had a chance to post his info because I am on my way to a http://www.gulfcoastwakeboarding.com event at the Trinity River, Tx.

Jakeman,

I don't know what you heard about me..

EE
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-26-2003, 6:02 PM Reply   
Eric, thanks for the invite, it sounds like a blast. I have two riders with me, Jacob age 9 and Eddie age 13. both riding on Thursday and Friday. Would love to do a "fun" contest with NO MORE PRESSURE!! Can you tell me about the divisions? are they based on age or quantity of inverts? And the cost of registration?
Also, anybody from there going to worlds on Thurs or Friday?
thanks for all the info, an hour and a half doesn't seem to be bad at all, we leave from MCO at 6:30 am on Sunday to head back home so we can't stay tooooo late. (well maybe) LOL!!
Eric, as far as Indy went, man what stress, I felt like a third grader. Jacobs ride in finals was soo not him, but here I am whining about 2nd place in nationals. (like I said, 3rd grade) Eddie did way better than we thought, taking 6th in the boys division, under a podium of Tadpole, Reed Hansen, AJ Racinelli, Robert Southworth and one other kid that can shred, we really were proud of him and Jacob both. Thanks for your support!! robyn
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-28-2003, 3:48 PM Reply   
Anyone coming to Laka-pa...got an "angi - size" wakeskate I can try??? I am bringing my 'old school' adidas and wanted to try to wakeskate for the first time..I am 4'11" and 100 pounds *5 of that is the 'twins' !LOL...anyway, if anyone has one that would be the right size for me and wouldnt mind me trying it out, I would love to see if I can do it! btw is anyone bringing a wakesurf ??? I've done that and would love to do it again!

Can't wait to meet everyone and get back on the water after my month long sickness...Laka-pa will be the first time I have been out since Labor day!!! *lets hope I still got it..* hehe.

Old     (luv2w8k)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-28-2003, 4:24 PM Reply   
Angi-
I will be at the tournament and will bring a wakeskate that you can try.