Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    inadrummer            08-06-2003, 8:24 PM Reply   
im thinking of upgrading from my mobes to a set of hyperlite split bindings.... anybody here have em? hows the landings with them? ankle support? any problems with em?

thanks
~Jesse
Old    upupnaway            08-06-2003, 8:40 PM Reply   
I would not go for splits if you want to upgrade. For a little more you could get a pair of parks, byerlys, belmonts or high backs, which all have the extra layer of foam on the foot bed.
splits are good bindings for multiple users, but for advanced tricks, the 4 models with the extra padding make landing a dream. My buddy has a pair of splits, and he gets heel bruises all the time. I use parks, go twice as big as he does, and my feet are fine.
On the other hand, they may not be that bad for someone lighter than myself(175)
Old    inadrummer            08-06-2003, 9:18 PM Reply   
thanks for the advice

anyone else?
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-06-2003, 9:23 PM Reply   
Try to find some of the above mentioned bindings on e-bay that are like new but close to the price of Splits new. I agree with everything Mike says. The splits velcro straps suck too, especially the top one, it is hard to crank it down with the way they designed it and mine always came undone while riding.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-06-2003, 9:24 PM Reply   
By the way I have the Belmonts and love them.
Old    inadrummer            08-06-2003, 9:27 PM Reply   
okay, i dont want to spend a lot more than $400 canadian including taxes (about the price of the splits) so what about going with cwb torqs? they're listed as the same price ads the splits and have a better footbed than my mobes, a better baseplate, and a neoprene lining. what do u guys think of the cwb torqs? whats the ankle support like?
Old    inadrummer            08-06-2003, 9:30 PM Reply   
remember that im looking for the best band for my buck at the price of the splits.... but i noticed the splits dont have the extra think footbed. i want some tight fitting bindings with a better footbed and decent ankle support. so again, let me know what you think of the torqs and is there any other bindings you reccommend for this price range?
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-07-2003, 11:33 AM Reply   
I picked up my 2003 Belmonts for $270 on ebay, like new. When the 2004s come out you might even find the 2003s for less.
Old    nick_w            08-07-2003, 10:26 PM Reply   
they take to long to get then on and adjusted to where you want them