Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-06-2003, 3:57 PM Reply   
Hey I saw that Obrien changed Cobe's signature model... How does it ride??? Also, Does it hold up??? I switched from an Obrien Cobe Mikacich to a Hyperlite Premier because I kept breaking them, but I've broken a couple Premiers now too, so I guess they all break -- does anyone know if there is a way to get a hold of boards that are built any stronger???
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-06-2003, 4:07 PM Reply   
What does everyone do to break boards? I think i ride pretty hard, also fall pretty big, I'm not the biggest guy, but between me and my friends (some weight over 220) I've never broke a board nor have they... this intrigues me...
Old    kent            10-06-2003, 4:38 PM Reply   
Im not sure, I weigh about 220 right now and have ridden since 96 and never broken a board, not even trying to learn heelside frontflips which seem to be a board killer.
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-06-2003, 6:59 PM Reply   
It is supposed to be faster on edge and have a bit more pop from what I understand. Did you have the LX model? They did have a problem with those breaking due to the design of the board, but it is supposed to be fixed. I broke one right underneath the binding and saw a few others break in the same place. It was replaced with no questions asked, good customer service.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-07-2003, 2:11 AM Reply   
Here's a shot of him riding it Saturday.

Old    xtremebordgurl            10-14-2003, 9:33 AM Reply   
I'm lookiing at the 03 Cobe 142 (er 140 something, can't remember), should I just wait for an 04 or what? What ones are breaking and if I buy an 03 now is it still under warrentee?
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-14-2003, 10:02 AM Reply   
Sure, the 03 is under warranty, but I am sure they will not warranty anything if you are hitting sliders with it. If it is a killer deal, I would get the 03. If it is an okay deal, you might want to hold out for the 04.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-14-2003, 10:48 AM Reply   
The breaking of boards can be caused my a lot of different things. The biggest issue is in manufacturing them. Each board contains certain flaws and some are more detrimental than others. I would say 99% of the time, a broken board (not including ones damaged by sliders or obstacles) is caused by a production issue. Not fat guys like us going big!
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-14-2003, 3:59 PM Reply   
ohhh... is $200 a good deal? The guy at my local shop said he could sell it to me for a little over $200, but I don't have any money now, is it worth taking a loan out from my parents or what? Or do you think I can find a similar deal later this year (like in a month or two).