Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jrodhyco)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
I still have some tweaking but here is my LSV 23 wake.

EAST COAST BABY!!Upload
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-24-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
John, that's a great looking wake! I need details. Malibu is sponsoring our Scioto Wakefest event here in Columbus, Ohio and we'll have an LSV for the wakesurf event. Let me know what your set up is.

I'm especially interested in dialing a good goofy wake, looks like you have a goofy wake going in your profile picture.

Thanks!!!
Old     (jrodhyco)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
Front stock ballast full, Center stock Full, Rear side you surf full (other side empty), 120lbs of weight about under tower as far out as possible (under seat), 360lbs under rear corner seat, 750lb fat sac in rear compartment 3/4 full (cant get it full). Wedge 1/2 way down (I have tried up, down, 1/4, and 3/4 and 1/2 seems to be the best).

Last night after this pic was taken we got the wake much better. I had one guy on the side gunnel (160lbs), one guy up by the glove box (160lbs), 2 guys near the platform (250lbs), my wife driving 130lbs (only weight on that side) and my kid (30lbs). I could recover VERY (20 or so) far back and so far infact I surprised my self and everyone on the boat. I was surfing a Blue Lake (I weigh 225lbs) in 15 feet of water and depth DID matter.

I personally think starboard is better but everyone knows more about boats than I do and they all say port is better on the Bu's.

Here is a pic of my wife. The wake was huge.Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-25-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
Nice wake. I have an 05 VLX, and can't get my port wake that clean. I can get my starboard one to look really nice. Same weighting on both sides. Have not figured that out.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-26-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
I have a great wake on the starboard but on the other side it sucks so the goofy footers have to ride starboard.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-27-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
Our LSV wake cleans up very nicely on the starboard. Port side is always washed.
Old     (badbob13ftw)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-27-2006, 9:54 PM Reply   
06 vlx rear/both r/l ballast7peeps on side
Upload

Upload

(Message edited by badbob13ftw on July 27, 2006)
Old    francismateeson            07-31-2006, 1:07 AM Reply   
We have a 23 LSV 2005. Starboard wake is always nicer than port.

Some days ago, the ballast pumps were not working, so we were not able to fill in the ballasts. This pic is with wedge, no ballast, 1 driver, 1 person in the rear, and 2 in the rear corner, straboard side.
It still was a lot of fun...

Upload