Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old    lachrimae            08-06-2004, 10:31 AM Reply   
Alright, I'm not advanced and have just been working on w2w jumps with grabs and 180s (not landing them yet) but I've had several face plants and 2 VERY painfully bad wrecks within the past week which are starting to hurt my confidence. I think the problem when landing is that, when the back of my board hits the top of the 2nd wake, the front of my board gets pushed straight down into the trough on the outside of the wake. The front tip then digs in and I get flinged like a mouse trap.
I know that I could probably shorten the rope so that I am sure to clear the wake completely but I would rather be able to put the back of my board on the edge of the 2nd wake so that I can ride down it like a ramp to lower the impact of the landing.
I was previously making sure to keep the front of my board MUCH higher than the back so that I'd land in a wheelie position but I wasn't getting as much pop when I took off that way so I leveled it out a bit (hence, the beginning of my nose dives).

Thoughts?

I've actually been dizzy for the past few days since the last wreck and my left ear drum feels funny so I'm beaten up like a wife in a redneck family...