Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (leboeuf45)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-20-2011, 4:39 PM Reply   
I learned to wakeboard a few years ago, we have been going on my friends boat for the past few years so i just used his board and never bought one. I just bought my boat this year and need to buy my own board, does anyone have any god suggestions for my first board? I have a ronix surfboard and think i may like to go with one of those but on the site there are so many options i kinda get lost. I tend to just go out and buy the most expensive one, but in this case i dont want a board that i cant control. any suggestions?
Old    Ron1xNautique            02-20-2011, 5:12 PM Reply   
What's your weight and height?
Try looking at what type some of you favorite riders have,might help you narrow it down but it's going be easier if you could demo a few, if not find a deal on something you like and go with it. The only reason I say that is because I think finding the perfect board for you won't be the first board you buy. I spent an entire winter researching before I bought one, I'm 6'3" 175 and got a 138 Ronix Mana 09 and 09 Ronix Ones. Getting my first board I was just excited to ride went out for my first set then took the center fins off and liked the board even more but after riding all last year I figured out I wanted something looser and want to go up to a larger board maybe a 141? I am happy with Ronix I don't think you'll be disappointed in them if that's what you choose. Anyways hope that helps. Wakeboards aren't as cut and dry as most things,IMO
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-20-2011, 5:25 PM Reply   
Here are a few sugesstions:

Hyperlite Motive or State:

Me and my dad have ridden each of these. I had the motive when I first started and it is a great beginner board. The Motive is Murrays shape from back in the day (at least when I got mine). State is another good beginner board. Has a TS specific edge which is very nice since TS edges are some of the more difficult edges.

LF Trip:
From everyone I have talked to the Trip is one of the best boards for beginners as well. And with the trip, you can progress with this board as far as you want. Lyman rode this before getting his own pro model with LF (I believe this is correct).

That is the only two beginner friendly boards I know of. I am sure other guys will have their input as well.
Old     (wh157)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-20-2011, 10:43 PM Reply   
I learned on the LF trip myself, it was great to start on. I believe you can get it packaged with the LF index bindings, I would recommend trying to get the ultra bindings though, they have a bit more support.
Old    readyaimfire            03-03-2011, 1:43 AM Reply   
Motive all the way. I still ride this board when im working on something new. Super consistent and forgiving
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-03-2011, 1:52 AM Reply   
If you want to stick with ronix take a good hard look at the 2011 Vault. Its really easy to progress on and get your edge control dialed. Another easy board to advance on (and my board of choice) is the Ronix Bill.

IMO, you can't go wrong with either board.

As far as boots go, don't be scared to spend a little. You can't go wrong with Ronix Ones, but if you want something stiffer look at the Cells and if you want softer look at the bills.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-03-2011, 1:19 PM Reply   
the liquid force trip is a excellent beginner/intermediate board. you can usually get a good deal on a package also.check out EVO.COM.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-03-2011, 4:30 PM Reply   
Obrien system is a great beginner setup.
Old     (leboeuf45)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-03-2011, 9:28 PM Reply   
I found a deal on a pair of ronix one reflectos and had to match it up with a viva ltd, hope this does the trick!
Old    readyaimfire            03-04-2011, 12:01 AM Reply   
I hope this works for u, but why come on here and ask for advice if u are just gonna buy whatever u want anyway? That's not a beginner board.
Old     (iRIDEWAKES)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-04-2011, 5:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
That's not a beginner board
He probably would have taken the advice if everyone hadn't suggested a LF/BB(don't blame him for not) I bought a Mana which isn't a beginner board either and took the center fins off immediately. I think buying a beginner board is a crutch, plus he said that hes been riding periodically for the past couple years.

Nice setup! Post a pic when ya get it
I've been debating on the new Viva, but want to wait to see what happens with Company first.

Last edited by iRIDEWAKES; 03-04-2011 at 5:28 AM. Reason: .
Old     (leboeuf45)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-09-2011, 4:41 PM Reply   
142 ronix viva, 2010 ronix reflectos
Attached Images