Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (nikko1)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-09-2009, 3:41 PM Reply   
Hey all, just got back from the LA Boat Show, and we liked four different boats. Not even sure if we could afford any of them, but here they are...Mastercraft X45 (2008), MB F23 Tomcat (Picklefork), Supreme v226, and the Super Air Natique 230 (2008). I have three young kids who are just getting into wakesurfing, as well as myself. I heard nightmare warranty issues with the Supreme, nothing bad about the others. Have not heard to much about MB. Any thoughts, advice, suggestions would be much appreciated.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-09-2009, 7:23 PM Reply   
What were the nightmare issues with the Supremes?
Old     (nikko1)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-10-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
Hi Jay, no specifics, just warranty issues. I have been advised that at least one dealer has had a difficult time taking care of their customer's warranty issues.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-10-2009, 8:27 AM Reply   
Well if you don't have any specific NIGHTMARE issues,do you think it's fair to claim that?Nightmare issues to me are things like hulls and decks separating,gel coat cracking,engine mounts loose or something else major.I have a 2007 Supreme and have had no problems,you can't always blame the builder,the dealer is also part of warranty issues.
Old     (lakemillssurfer)      Join Date: May 2008       02-10-2009, 8:55 AM Reply   
The Super Air Nautique 230 is a fantastic boat with superior quality and craftsmanship.
I have a 2007 236 (same hull as the 2008 230) with 500 hours on it and I have loved every minute of it. I have custom installed additonal fat sacs and pump systems to provide the perfect wakesurfing wave. Nautique has stood behind any minor warranty requests I have had. I highly recommend this boat.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-10-2009, 12:06 PM Reply   
Nikko, Ive had some warantee issues come up recently and centurion/ fineline has stepped up to the plate and hopefully this season its all good. . But they recognized it along with great dealer support and Im happy again. Hats off to centurion/fineline and M&M working together.

supreme is a good boat I think, I have a centurion elite basically big brother to it from what I understand. The other brands you mentioned are nice boats too. but Im on a budget and mine floats just as nice and my young kids dont know any better Mabey relook a supreme v226 again and then a centurion?
Old     (nikko1)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-10-2009, 1:22 PM Reply   
Jay and Matt, thanks for the information. This is the kind of information I need. One dealer specifically mentioned that he has had problems in the past with warranty issues. I guess I should not have used the word nightmare. We love the fact that it is mush less expensive as well, which is most likely going to be the deciding factor. I liked the Supreme more than the Centurion because we did not like the step up in the front. I am just trying to do as much research as possible, and this discussion board is the best for that.
Old     (wazzu_wakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-10-2009, 2:15 PM Reply   
hey Nikko... In my experiences the centurions have been a lot better quality wake for wakeboarding, and especially wakesurfing. a step in the front isn't too important in my opinion when the ride quality is much better.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-10-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
Jay understood. Are you talking about the built in coolers in the centurion line? Its never been an issue with me, I just throw the drinks in and a bag of ice and off we go

Most important is the........dealer and how hard he will work with you when the warranty stuff does come around, every boat will have warranty issues period. When you spend that much coin for a new boat, you've got to have the support from a good dealer to work for you as well. Sometimes a long drive can be worth it to a good dealer.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-10-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
Ride in the new V226 and then try any Centurion - you will know instantly how much better the ride in the V226 is. I have had three different Supremes the past 4 years and never had any issues - very happy with them. I just hope I can figure out way to afford the new 226 this year! Oh yeah and about the wave check out some of the other WW threads - amazing (I have surfed the new 226).
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-10-2009, 4:32 PM Reply   
The step in the front is to Make the boat stiffer and stronger in the middle. It takes out almost all the flex where the windshield in. It is a structure thing and then they turned it into a cooler. And the Guys at M&M Watersports are first Class
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-10-2009, 5:03 PM Reply   
Yeah drew hit it dead on. The middle of a boat is always a weak point. When we get a boat that has been shrink wrapped too tight, it will bow the sides in just enough to the point that the windshield wont close anymore. we have to get in there and take a 2x4 and spread it apart with a jack to get it to spread back out to the right shape. when you put the cooler there, this eliminates this problem.