Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (spencer3840)      Join Date: May 2005       02-28-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
Looking for some imput from you guys on a good wakeboard bindings. I'm currently riding last years Slingshot closed tow bindings and not a big fan due to time it takes me to get in and out of them. I'm looking for a great binding that is easy to get in and out of and has great support. Not to concerned about closed or open toe. Thanks.
Old    brycejay            02-28-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
Liquid Force Vantage. Easiest boot to take on and off and super comfy. Also offers great support
Old    thebiggmann            02-28-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
www.boardersbestbuy.com
I have the 07's, they're awesome
Old     (michaelb)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-28-2009, 12:56 PM Reply   
dude i have the boot for you,the 08 or 09 HL Murrays.you can get in and out of them like nothin they have great support for bustin tricks or take out the optional support plates on the sides and their great for presses and rails.One little downside you should where socks i do and they slide straight on and off but once you lace them down they hold super well,but i would where socks cause its hard to come out on hard landing without them so its whatever you decide but i wouldn't risk a lifetime of wakeboarding over lookin kinda wierd.i got bad knees at 15 so i go easy on em.overall the only thing i would change is the sock thing in winter is SUCKS BAD!!!!I got pulled by a suburan across a leve it was cool till you got to put the socks back on or crashed.overall if you want a great set of bindings for riding i would get these or the 09 ones more money but a diffeent way to go.your choice i like these and think you will to.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-28-2009, 2:08 PM Reply   
I too would say that the Vantage boots are by far the Easiest AND Quickest boots to get into. They are softer than the SS driver bindings. If you wanted closed toe the limiteds are closed toe and have the 2010 footbed, or the non limited that is not closed toe too.
ALSO Gator has a "vantage-like" binding. both their limited and regular versions are closed toe

What slingshot boots are you using anyway, the D2 boots or the PB Floids? If the speed is all you are not liking then maybe the Floids will work better (if your using the D2 boots that is). There may be a way to make getting in and out of your current Slingshot boots faster. I have a video on youtube i made not long ago showing my ideas and tips for the d2 bindings. i would post it up but thhis computer i am on is blocking youtube.

also the 09 d3 boots should be slightly faster for lacing up... but this may not be enough for your desires...if you use the d2 boots that is
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-28-2009, 4:57 PM Reply   
cwb hinge bindings are probably some of the fastest and easiest to put on. plus they give suppoort
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-28-2009, 4:59 PM Reply   
imo, no one can touch lf's line of bindings. they simply make the best, most supportive, most comfortable bindings out there.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-28-2009, 6:24 PM Reply   
ok, here is the link to the vid i made that pretty much sums up everything (based on my opinion!) about the d2 boot including the seemingly obvious stuff too (thus the length of the vid)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEqVdMyf-K8
Old     (raftisland)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-28-2009, 6:49 PM Reply   
i recommend some 09 Ronix Kai bindings. they are super comfy and have a ton of support imo. they are also super light.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-28-2009, 6:59 PM Reply   
I agree with George, I tried the 09 Kai's on at the shop last weekend and they are the really comfortable. You can't beat the price. I like all the 09 Ronix boots though.
Old     (cooperrswink)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-28-2009, 7:01 PM Reply   
GB Phantom boots,they are the most comfortable boot I have ever strapped into
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-28-2009, 7:58 PM Reply   
Hey Coop, Larry and Jimmy should be in your neck of the woods some time tonight. sorry for the hijack!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-28-2009, 8:01 PM Reply   
Try the 09' Ronix. I have heard people who carry several brands that they alway's point their customers towards Ronix bindings before any other.

They have upped their game beyond belief for this year