Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    dragrace66            02-12-2004, 7:16 AM Reply   
Hi,
where is a good place to stay in the orlando area for 3 weeks in april/may? I will spend my honeymoon with my wife and we both want to go wakeboarding there. I'am from germany and it is the first time I visit florida.
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-12-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
Markus,

International Drive has tons of resturants and is close to all the attractions, Sea World, Wet & Wild, Disney World and other attractions. Your only about 15 minutes from OWC were you can ride the cables all day wakeboarding hitting multiple sliders. If you'd like to drive a hour from Orlando Airport, you welcome to ride with us sometime. There's lots to do in the Orlando area and several wakeboard camps if you want to ride behind the boat every day until you exhausted.

Craig
Old    dragrace66            02-13-2004, 2:29 AM Reply   
Thanks Craig,
My wife and me want ride both, cable and behind a boat, my wife needs practice in the cable she started in the end of last season with wakeboarding behind a boat and was good after 4 days. I need some slider practice, in our local cable park the slider last season was horror I saw many guys crashing there boards and bodys. I have more fun behind a boat.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-13-2004, 2:45 AM Reply   
Markus, if you are there at the end of April / first weekend of May you should check out the first Pro Tour stop of the season. It will be held at OWC and it's a great opportunity to see the best wakeboarders in the world and also get to meet them and have them sign autographs.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-13-2004, 5:30 AM Reply   
Markus~ Here is the link to OWC: http://www.orlandowatersports.com/
You can ride cable and rent out the boat here.
Rene Hoffman is the Owner and he is from Germany.
They have discount rates worked out with a local hotel near the complex.