Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-10-2006, 2:20 PM Reply   
Kinda off the boat topic, but not really:

I do not understand why there is so many people who are adamently opposed to certain brands of goods (ex- CC vs. Bu vs. MC).

For example, I was reading a thread in this forum about an individual choosing between a BU and MC. One user replied by saying that he would buy anything over a MC, using Tige for his example. Although this may have been his true personal opinion, it was very biased and slanted comming from a BU owner himself.

So what am I venting about: People who reject things just to be in opposition. Ones who do not research, but rather make claims based on what is popular or trendy. Yes, it is easy to be biased as most of us are boat owners loyal to brands. One cannot discount the fact that all of the top 3-5 boat companies make a good product, and each have their advantages along with disadvantages. It all comes down to personal preferance.

As most of us have encountered at some point in time in our lives a salesman of some sort trash talking competing brands, I sometimes feel that is what we see/do online. Rather than completely bash other products, point out the good qualities/characteristics of products you support. I am not saying do not point out flaws of other products, but do it ethically and with tact.

Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-10-2006, 2:30 PM Reply   
"So what am I venting about: People who reject things just to be in opposition. Ones who do not research, but rather make claims based on what is popular or trendy. Yes, it is easy to be biased as most of us are boat owners loyal to brands. One cannot discount the fact that all of the top 3-5 boat companies make a good product, and each have their advantages along with disadvantages. It all comes down to personal preferance."

Exactly. Well said. I like my Bu, I like my dealer and I like other brands. Some I like better, some less. I know the weaknesses and strengths of my boat and others, I get to ride em all.

If you read these boards and others a lot of the attitudes come from the X Star owners. I have seen more than one X-Star Owner basically accuse of every non-Xstar owner not being to afford one, what a joke. I think another common thread is the lack of age of X star posters on this board and others. Just an observation.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-10-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
I think with anything online, you have to look through the smoke and mirrors and figure out what is quality information.

I did the majority of my online research via unsolicited e-mail to people on these forums who owned the boats in my final three. That is not to say that you should not ask in a thread. I just think that some people may be more objective one on one.

That said, I find a lot of the trash talking amusing.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-10-2006, 2:47 PM Reply   
Its ownership googles ! I spent $1,000,000 on my boat therefore it has to be the best !!! Blah-blah-Blah !! Can you really buy a bad boat these days ? Maybe a rare lemon but that happens across all manufactures. I find it funny that people still believe a MC is better then say a Supra because it cost more $$$. Supra-Moomba-Sanger have closed the gap sooooo significantly I bet it keeps the Big 3 brass up at night.
Old     (bughunter)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-10-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
Hey Mr. Shane.
I'm on my second X-Star, been regular on this and other sites...
So I belong in your "arrogant X-Star-owner group" ?

I like all boats on the water, as long as they have a rope attached and a rider hanging on for dear life
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-10-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
no eddy, no need to call me MR., yet. No the arrogant ones, are the ones that post on this board and others implying if your not driving or riding behind an x-star your a brokedick.
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-10-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
Shane,
I think that there are brand "snobs" with every build of boat. It is unfair to point out MC owners when there are BU and CC owners that do the same type of biased rhetoric.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-10-2006, 5:37 PM Reply   
No, I really don't think it's unfair, last year was Ryan, this year we have Cwhite. There maybe other brand snobs, but it seems a few of the XStar crowd stands out .
Old     (cwhite)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-10-2006, 5:44 PM Reply   
Do you complain about everybody on these other threads man do you need to get a life.
Old     (cwhite)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-10-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
I do like malibu its just this shane guy gets so pissy that I had to attack what he was saying. I don't mean to offend anybody else. A lot of my friends have malibu's and thats great but when somebody attacks the fact that I said pros prefer the xstar everybody gets mad. That is not my fault you don't care but don't bash me because I say it. I know a lot about ski boats I have been around them since I was born. So don't tell me I am a problem when you are just as bad shane. You hate mastercraft and you really get mad when people don't agree. How about you just give it up. I will stop bashing your malibu if you stop saying your boat is that much better.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-10-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
Thanks for telling me I hate MC, better stop riding on them.How's that reading comprehension coming along?

You started if off by saying VLX owners could not afford X-Stars, which is absolutely asinine, and a large segment of the boat buying public could care less what Parks ride, are we clear?

Now if you want to keep digging yourself in a hole , Ryan X-Star is looking for buddies.
Old     (cwhite)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-10-2006, 6:14 PM Reply   
You started if off

Talk about writing skills that is all I have to say.

Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-10-2006, 6:21 PM Reply   
I started it? Does this thread and post ring a bell.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/312116.html?1144717944

By Chad White (cwhite) on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 2:29 pm:
The reason people have the vlx is because of the price not because it is a better boat. Yes I said something that was from mc marketing but is it true. YES If you ride in Orlando where all the pros live you will notice that all the boats are xstars whether you like it or not. People say that without ballst the vlx has a better wake. The question I ask is there anybody that rides without ballast. I don't know many people that don't extra ballast and the x-star has a better wake with ballast.

If I had writing skills I would own a X-Star, damn the luck
Old     (cwhite)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-10-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
Give it up.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-10-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
Why ? The EU is not at work yet.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-10-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
so do you guys wakeboard or go to boat shows,
get over yourselves and your overpriced boats
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-10-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
Yep, heading out on Friday and Sunday, hoping I can ride behind a X-Star, if I only made more money
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-10-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
i wish i could get a 15 yr note on a mc, cc, or bu
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       04-10-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
Bayliners RULE!!!
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-10-2006, 7:19 PM Reply   
oh well i guess i will have to write a check for my new supra
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-10-2006, 7:21 PM Reply   
i agree ryan my first "wakeboard boat" was a 21 foot bayliner with a big air skylon
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-11-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
Todd, are you certain that all of these negative opinions of certain brands are unjustified? There are a few boats/board/accessories out there that I will not even consider due to personal unpleasent experiences with them. Have never ridden in boat "Y" without something breaking, or it not driving well. Have never had a good wake from boat "Q". Local service department for boat "K" was a joke. Met people from board company "Z", not impressed.

For as many bad experices out there, there are good ones, too. Some of it may be ownership goggles, but some may also be for very valid reasons.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-11-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
Tackle - Unjustified is the key word. If you have good reasons and direct experience for hating on someone, we absolutely want to hear it here!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-11-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   
My point exactly. What Todd sees as unjustified may very well be justified. Maybe the delivery is not as polite or PC, and maybe the reasoning was not stated, or vague, giving the appearance of hating for the sake of hating. Everyone has opinions, it's how they are presented that lends credibility to the reasoning.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-11-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
"So what am I venting about: People who reject things just to be in opposition. Ones who do not research, but rather make claims based on what is popular or trendy. "

^^ This kind of opinion is not helpful nor is it justified...
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-11-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
I agree - all reasons must be clearly and honestly stated for our brutal dissection. :-)
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-11-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
Alright, I have been away today, but i have some catching up to do...

Tackleberry: When I say unjustified, I meant the users of the forum that have little knowledge of what they are spewing out. It is evident when you see one of these users, because they have evidence to back up their claims. I do not agree with this type of arguement, but rather see it as brand bashing.

I do agree if a user has had a FIRST-HAND bad experience, then let it be heard among the board. But if he is repeating hearsay, or venting his biased "ownership goggled" view, then this is what I was originally referring to.

I do agree with Tackle on this: " Everyone has opinions, it's how they are presented that lends credibility to the reasoning."

I think I should have stated earler my main point: If you oppose a certain brand, make, model, or whatever, give valid and fully explained reasoning of why you have come to you decision.

Manzo: That is not my opinion, but rather what I have observed on these boards. If you will read posts where brand bashing occurs, alot of times you will find no valid reasoning or justification of how a user has come to their position.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-11-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
Todd I was not saying that to your opinion or your statement. I was agreeing with your post...

I seriously could not agree more!
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-11-2006, 3:48 PM Reply   
Oh, thank you for agreeing!