Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-01-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
Here are some pics of the 06 Malibu I had at our boat show. We had a local stereo expert install all the goods. All the encloser's were custom made and painted. 3 LCD screens, 4 12"subs 1 10" sub, all together was 13 speakers and about 3000 watts. We also had flashing Leds around the speakers, The wheels on the trailer were turing the whole time. Was by far the best boat at the show.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-01-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
One more pic...Upload
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-01-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
I hate it when people think it's cool to put speakers where ballast needs to go! I guess to each his own & it's not my boat but I know that if I had $ burning a hole in my pocket and walked in ready to buy that boat I would look elsewhere. How do you ride behind it? Please don't claim factory ballast. I'm all about sounds but I prefer wakeboarding to listening to music. I guess I'm just bitter about all the yahoos getting wake boats and never actually riding behind them. <---Me venting.
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-01-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
The boat does have all 4 factory ballast tanks and the rear sub boxes are made to hold extra weight on top of it. So is the boat ride-able?, hell ya it is..
Old     (joe1975)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-01-2006, 11:12 AM Reply   
Nice job. I love customizing boats with audio and video. One little complaint, the visible wire on the rear deck lid could be a little cleaner. Otherwise nice boat and i envy the guy who buys it.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-01-2006, 11:12 AM Reply   
whoever buys that boat is probably compensating for something...
Old     (shocker)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-01-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
all thos batteries = big wake
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-01-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
Nice. thanks for sharing, Its always cool to see other ideas / customs / creations. I will say the install looks clean, like the spinning wheels idea for the show as well.

? - Why are the LCD's mounted in those spots, not practical IMO. How would anyone be able to watch the one under the dash & the hatch is kinda odd too - ( i agree about the wire, drill a hole n hide.) Was this BU simply for show?

Lzy
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-01-2006, 11:38 AM Reply   
I just don't get why you would want an LCD screen in a boat, yet alone 3 of them in dumb places. Sharp looking boat though.
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-01-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
Lzy, yes the boat was mainly for show. We designed it to be taken all out after the show, and you would never be able to tell any of it was there. The screens were mainly for show to play the Malibu dvd during the show, Hence the look of the wire, so no holes to be drilled. The spinning of the wheels was a huge hit, it looked like the trailer was moving. Looks like we are going to enter it in the Auto Boat Speed Show at the end of the month.
Old    00smizz            03-01-2006, 1:59 PM Reply   
hey I would buy the boat so all my friends and I who dont know how to ride can watch dvds of all you top riders. I guess I just want to live my life vicariously!
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-01-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
Good thinkin Mr Smart... Any luck on a boat yet?
Old    00smizz            03-01-2006, 6:36 PM Reply   
waiting to see how much taxes are going to be this year probably know more in a week.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-01-2006, 7:03 PM Reply   
Guru - I like the effort put in your showpiece, spinning wheels is new to the boat show(s)sceene. it's sweet to see some design / creativity / something diff. set your dealers arene(s) apart from the others.

Lzy
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-01-2006, 7:18 PM Reply   
How come people dont bring me stuff like this.
I would love to do a "display boat".

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-02-2006, 7:16 AM Reply   
Grant, you can come and do my boat(at your expense) and I will let you advertise on the side of it for free. I will take it to many lakes around the area to promote your great work. What do you think?
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-02-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone for the feedback, we are already working up what to do next year at the boat show. Any ideas would be great.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-02-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
I guess Big Heavy's lake is like mine. The nicest boats on the lake = the worst riders.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-02-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
Paul: Sorry Home boy "Homie dont play dat!" LOL
In god we trust all others must pay cash$$$
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-02-2006, 3:55 PM Reply   
not a fan of the boat.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-02-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
Hey buguru, here's a suggestion: take it to Grant.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-02-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
I think its pretty sweet. You just have to take it for what it is... a show boat. Similar to the Show Truck versus a truck actually made for off-roading, flash versus function. Different people value different things. I definitely dig it, good job :-)
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-02-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
All it needs is fat sacs piled to the top of the gunnel and a pole and it would be slick.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-03-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
Wake - Can you fill the rear storage compartments with mini-hot tubs on either side for next year? I'd go to the show to see your hand picked models in a hot tub handing out margaritas.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-04-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
Aaron- Unless I missed something, I didn't see an LCD screen under the dash. I see the remote for the stereo, but no screen.

As for the install, very nice, very flashy. Practical? No. But then again, alot of what we all do on here isn't that practical. I see some of the systems on here and think "Wow!" but then think "Why?". When I did my install (Given, it's not the biggest but it's up there) my missioin was how to get everything I wanted without taking up storage space. Obviously, you're going to give up SOME storage, but I tried not taking away from the prime storage. Outside that, there was the functional aspect of the insall. I see some guys mounting amps where water can get to them. For example, I have all the electronics in my system are elevated at least 4-6" off the floor. We all know that we can still take a wave over the bow. Especially if you weight it down nice and heavy. This allows some water to accumulate on the floor in my storage areas in the case that I do take that wave or I get caught in a huge rain storm and my bilge can't keep up. Yes, there is still a huge risk, but I think the higher you get your electronics the better. The number one prime area for storage in any of our boats is behind the passenger seat right? But this is the one that most people take up with amps and sometimes subs. I saw one install where a guy mounted his amps on an aluminum stand and placed it right in the middle of the prime storage compartment. He did say that there was some space in front of the stand. Amps need to breathe and placing towels, bags, jackets, hoodies and sweatshirts doesn't sound too good to me. Especaially if any of it is wet! Then there's the subs in the compartments on either side of the engine. On this install above, I like that they built the box to withstand a ballast bag. Great idea!

Sorry for the rant guys! Just something I needed to get off my chest.

The above install is very nice. I do like the LCD screen behind the hatch on the passenger side. As long as it folds up that is! I can see the use of it. Chillin on the boat with a chicky at night, anchored off watching a movie. During the day, the hatch helps to shade the screen to see a replay of your riding from the video camera that should be mounted on the tower.
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-16-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
This boat is going to be at the Spokane Auto Boat speed show March 24th-26th. So come on down and see it.
Old    discolafinger            03-16-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
but it still a maliboooooo
Old    discolafinger            03-16-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
L.O.L.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-16-2006, 7:11 PM Reply   
Spokane...eh.. I'd like to, but not worth the two hour drive for me.. :-)
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-16-2006, 7:20 PM Reply   
in all honesty, if I saw that boat at a show, it would make me less likely to buy it.
Old    00smizz            03-23-2006, 2:38 AM Reply   
y because theres no fishing pole on it. The boat was intended to bring in potetial buyers. But for you why dont you try the bayliner booth you hack.
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-23-2006, 7:54 AM Reply   
this is heating up! Fight, Fight, Fight!
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-23-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
Mr.Smart you are still around?? I like the comment. Way to stick up for the east side.
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-30-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
This site cracks me up!
Did any of you "pro" type riders with all the "skills" ever consider that not everyone is born with such skills! HAHAHA.
Personally, I suck at boarding. I just started. My family are all "newbies". I have a real job and we don't spend 8 hours a day at the lake.
Therefore, we spend a ton of time idling back to pick up down riders. SO WHAT!!! Gotta learn somehow, right?!
Since we could afford it, we bought an '06 24V Tige` that's got tons of room for everything and everyone! I'm upgrading the stereo and putting in a TV monitor and a bunch of LED lights. Why? We like to hang out on our boat after dark. A lot. Also because after turning around to pick up a down rider for the 100th time in a day, it's nice to have a distraction or two!!! Our kids are young and can't ride for hours on end, nor can all four of them ride at the same time.
Crap, I need a power flag just to keep my spotters arms from breaking! HAHAHAHA!!!
Hey, if we were all jumping 15' in the air, doing flips and looking like pro's - we wouldn't WANT a TV to watch!!!!
just my worthless, newbie, big loud stereo boat owning $.02
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-30-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
Thanks John, couldn't have said it better myself!
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-30-2006, 7:09 PM Reply   
John- Thats maybe the best thing said on this site in forever and a day. My family also are newbies. Im the only one on our boat every weekend that can do anything trick wise, and Im always falling too trying to get better. Money gets spent on toys cause we like em, not cause were the best riders on the lake,. Jealousy is a b****. But the biggest pet peeve on this site is all the nay sayers, who dont have a clue what a fun time is about. Id love a screen and PS2 on our boat if I could afford it. My question is... why the hell not, if you can? BTW I don't ever hear anyone give any of the guys like say Grant(just cause hes the first that comes to mind) crap for having a completely unecessary amount of goodies on their boat. Keep blingin. Sick BU, I'd buy it if I could, and I'd ride happily behind it every day.
Tyler
Old     (hcaggie22)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-30-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
hey why don't you give me some of the money used to upgrade the boat so i can put some practical things on my boat haha thats a pretty sweet custom system